• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
I really hope that's the case, but it's a lot of chapters for 26 episodes and it will be a stark contrast to S1's pacing.

The Stain arc is way too short to drag that on for a prolonged number of episodes. It's 10 chapters essentially so if we use S1 pacing that would roughly 6-7 episodes. They would have to drag the tournament stuff over 13+ episodes for that to serve as an endpoint. After Stain the next logical endpoint is the All Might fight.

So it makes sense for them to just go at a faster pace and hit that endpoint. They would have to cover roughly 72 chapters over 26 episodes which should be doable. They would be going from 22-94. It's pretty reasonable.

It's only 10 chapters long? no way. Stains ends on voulme seven and the arc we are referring too ends on voulme 11 or so.

Wait
are you guys referring to fight with One for All?

If that case, yeah that definitely won't be happening this season. I was referring to All Mights fight with
Deku and Bakugou before the School Trip.

Sterok

Gabriel Dropout 12

I really think Vigne and Satania are actually great demons for bringing down two all-star angels to their level, but I don't think anyone realizes that. Anyway, not particularly great, but it was fine junk food anime.

Jarmel

Banned
The other possibility is that the entire first cour is the tournament and the second cour ends with End of Term stuff.

Fucking kill me if that's the case. That tournament is not anywhere near good enough to support an entire cour of TV.

Cardcaptor Sakura 01-10

Initializing anime detection program. Inputting data...

MkbJ6lP.png
JvJatvJ.png

disgusting CLAMP character design

YXXZir0.png

Girl likes guy 7 years her senior.

jNezzFh.png

Girl likes girl.

lDRKo7t.png

Boy likes guy 6 years his senior.

mguvaUB.png

Guy might have sister complex.

YXXZir0.png
6BbpmMQ.png

Guy might like younger girls.

hA3iJyI.png

Girl likes adult man.

*final calculations*

Kids anime confirmed.

-------

On a more serious note it's actually fairly enjoyable so far. The great reaction faces make the otherwise ugly character design tolerable.

The aforementioned romantic interests aren't really an issue yet. The children simply have crushes which by itself is fairly normal, although I can't help but have my anime-warning-senses tingle nevertheless.

Sakura's brother doesn't really seem to have much of a sister complex yet, even though Yuki of all people keeps saying as much. Yuki has a rather questionably close relationship to his friends little sister but for all I know he really is just a friendly, oblivious guy and roughly 20 years ago when that aired there wasn't as much of a pedophile-panic as is the case nowadays. If this show were produced in this day and age then that sort of character would be immediately suspicious as hell, at least to some of the western audiences, but let's see what he'll be about. There's certainly more to him and his overly friendly exterior perhaps partially a facade to deal with the loss of his parents or sth of the sort.

Now, the teacher seemed somewhat aware of the girl crushing on him so I hope he does the right thing. If he doesn't...well, I'm curious how a show for kids deal with the topic.

All that magic stuff is alright but I don't think 'magical girls' will every be of particular interest to me. Two or three fights were pretty creative, like the use of Shadow to capture Silence, but most so far were rather forgettable. First fight was rather dumb. So she got a Wind card and fights against a flying beast. Now there's obvious a lot you can do against a flying entity when you've got control over the wind but the card basically just transformed into some sort of wind-ropes that shackled the beast :|

Production values seem quite nice and I'm taking a liking to the music.

NeonZ

Classicaloid was a new IP. (I'm not sure how that ended up at Sunrise when it seems more of a Bandai Namco Pictures kind of project, but whatever.)

Classicaloid actually is considered a BNP production, even though it's animated by Sunrise. Don't know why there's this special arrangement just for it.

Quasar

In the past several seasons some of my favorites have been these lighthearted slice of life shows.

For example Interviews With Monster Girls, Poco's Udon World, Sweetness & Lighting, Flying Witch, Non Non Byori.

Any other recommendations for anime like these?

Hmmm...

Galko-chan
Koufuku Graffiti
Barakamon
Tamayura

Jarmel

Banned
Yikes at this season's BD/DVD sales.

At least Yamato seems to be doing fine sales-wise despite the supposed visual downgrade.

LotusHD

Banned
Ah yeah, that. It sort of made me happy.
Rather him than the mob boss.

Regardless of if he is the father or not though, it seems like the characters are at peace with how things are, and whatever happened to make that kid hasn't soured any of it, so I'm happy with it.

Yea I suppose. It just threw me off for a bit, to say the least.

---

Still dunno how to feel about Scum's Wish lol

Sölf

So I herd u leik puppetz.

Fans of puppet-based martial arts mayhem are in for a treat, because at AnimeJapan 2017 Nitroplus announced that in addition to the upcoming sequel to Thunderbolt Fantasy, a spin-off prequel project which focuses on the exploits of Shā Wú Shēng, the Screaming Phoenix Killer, is in production.

This was probably posted already though. Me being slow as fuck and all that.

Cornbread78

H.S DxD S2 ep.6
Poor Issei just got nipple blocked by the big bad Dragon dude that saved the day...

H.S DxD S2 ep.7
Now this some crazy harem fun. The tone, the "situations" and the comedy were all on point, lol. Looks like it's about to get real again soon though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did you just call clamp designs ugly nadann?

i'll fite u m8

Andrew J.

LWA 12

It was a little heartbreaking to see Akko's friends confront her with her shortcomings so directly, and then to admit her own self-doubts, but every hero as to go through a low point.

Nice to see Diana's bitch posse finally get some comeuppance.

Cornbread78

Princess Nine ep.19
Oh Hiroki is sooo dreamy. It's unfortunate that Izumi is going to off the rails in a drama filled tirade tbough.5. Oh well, as long as the coach is trying to get with
Ryo's
mom, all is well, lol.

Childhood friends get crushed, each and every tine, lol.

Cardcaptor Sakura 01-10

Now, the teacher seemed somewhat aware of the girl crushing on him so I hope he does the right thing. If he doesn't...well, I'm curious how a show for kids deal with the topic.

You should be thanking Madhouse for what they decided to change with this adaptation. In the Manga
That fucking little girl is his Fiance....let me quote from the wiki page to show how creepy it is! "In the manga, Terada is Rika's fiancé and elementary school teacher. They supposedly became engaged near the beginning of the series when Terada presents Rika with a ring, explaining that he hopes one day it will become a wedding ring. This suggests that they have been spending time with each other prior to the start of the manga, where Terada may have also been Rika's third grade teacher. Throughout the entire series, Terada and Rika have continued to exchange moments and soft, blushing glances whenever possible. "

Zestiria - 24

How kind of the bad guy to wait for the 5min long conversation and transformation to happen.

So I guess now we wait a month for the finale?

to defend this a little Heldalf does want Sorey to defeat him in a battle to the death, so him letting the Shepherd power-up kind of makes sense.

BUT MAN thinking of that god mode again I really wished the game would have had that! He just looks so cool!

zulux21

so eccentric family s2 guaranteed to be AOTS right? Because we all know Bahamut will ruin its plot at some point.

Bahamut is looking like it is going to ruin the plot from the get go.
I mean it seems like it is changing lead characters and focusing on an eye candy main instead of an interesting main.

to defend this a little Heldalf does want Sorey to defeat him in a battle to the death, so him letting the Shepherd power-up kind of makes sense.

BUT MAN thinking of that god mode again I really wished the game would have had that! He just looks so cool!

I was just poking fun at it. It's like those episodes in Captain Tsubasa, in which the goalie would take an entire episode running from one post to another to catch the ball. Never had a net been that long lol. Basically it was just anime being anime, preparing to give us a flashy and cool scene.

Gundam IBO - 49

This show is just completely ruthless. Dreams are shattered, promises are broken, death, death and more death is what awaits the foolish. Everything came in full circle, everyone is paying for the consequences of their choices. That's something great about this show, and it surprises me that even after 49 episodes, it has managed to make all of these dots connect. Super excited to see what happens next week. I honestly don't see any of these kids making it out of where they got themselves now.

zulux21

wow this is brutal and probably accurate

yeah... I was very disappointed to finsh rage today only to see the trailers for the new season and see that Favaro likely wasn't the main focus this time.

anyways in regards to the anime of the season obviously it will be Kabukibu!

how can an anime about Kabukibu theater not be awesome?

Cornbread78

Princess Nine ep.20
Oh Izumi, you should have already known that you were
going to lose to Ryo
. Get with the childhood friend program girl...

duckroll

C778c_q_Xg_AAhm1-.jpg

Protect this beautiful flower child.

Yuasa makes a really good point. But, I feel that I should say this, just in case he is reading NeoGAF too after googling his own name, and puts this through Google Translate or whatever: When I recommend Ping Pong, I don't need to qualify it. But when I recommend Kemonozume, I really do need to make sure the people I recommend it know what they're getting into because there are scenes of people eating each other, torsos being removed, and lots of rampant nudity and sexual scenes! Please understand!

Narag

But when I recommend Kemonozume, I really do need to make sure the people I recommend it know what they're getting into because there are scenes of people eating each other, torsos being removed, and lots of rampant nudity and sexual scenes! Please understand!

I'd have watched it already if you had alerted me to all that cool shit right there.

Yuasa makes a really good point. But, I feel that I should say this, just in case he is reading NeoGAF too after googling his own name, and puts this through Google Translate or whatever: When I recommend Ping Pong, I don't need to qualify it. But when I recommend Kemonozume, I really do need to make sure the people I recommend it know what they're getting into because there are scenes of people eating each other, torsos being removed, and lots of rampant nudity and sexual scenes! Please understand!

No, duckroll you're doing it all wrong. Sometimes it's good to recommend people something they think is innocent and then give them something horrifying. Give em a nice little shock.

It's why when I babysit I offer kids the chance to watch Watership Down.

Aki-at

No, duckroll you're doing it all wrong. Sometimes it's good to recommend people something they think is innocent and then give them something horrifying. Give em a nice little shock.

It's why when I babysit I offer kids the chance to watch Watership Down.

A friend wanted to watch something similar to Your Name and I recommended him Mirai Nikki.

And within a couple of days he finished it. Definitely the best method in recommending anime.

Taruranto

There is
only one
creepy as fuck relationship in CCS, which it's admittedly pretty damn creepy (especially in the manga), to the point they
pretty much wrote that out in the sequel because no one wanted to touch that shiet ever again.

Oh I guess (Huge spoiler this one)
Eriol and Toya's ex, but at least Eriol is like 500 years old mentality or something and it's less in your face.

Toya and Tomoyo are teh best.

Cornbread78

Attack on Titan ep.17
4FMs5QX.gif

Oh come the fuck on with this shit. So they meet up against a super smart and athletic titan out of nowhere? Forget about "space magic" we now have "titan super-evolution"

Completely out of nowhere and on the prowl
I mean, spinning the soldier around like a yoyo was a bit much....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom