• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance they can save it? Is the story just bad-bad, or did the game just feel incomplete and unfinished?

The game felt rushed in moments and had its share of dropped plot threads, but the scenario just suffered from a ton of sloppy plotting more than being unfinished per se. A lot of it is fixable, the core of the storyline isn't inherently bad.

In fact, episode 01 is probably my favorite one so far.

tumblr_oa3u2lYY9B1t8w6xvo1_500.gif

Cornbread78

00 is indeed the "prologue" the game needed badly. They are filling in some of the story gaps that the game doesn't cover since they take place at the same time.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Code Realize: Guardian of Rebirth I finished my first route
victor
, and it was good, i just don’t understand how i ended up on his route, i only chose to spend time with him once. The ending itself was just
a happy ending
, although i got a lot of important information, a lot was left in the air, which is problably the intent so i go play the rest of the routes. I recommend people who likes vn’s to give this a try even though it’s an otome vn.

Little Witch Academia The Enchanted Parade It’s was delightful to watch, i was in need of something good and light like this. I hope the tv show will be just as good.

Tamayura Hitotose The tone of the show is perfect for what’s trying to accomplish, i like the artstyle, the music, the characters and even that cat thing. And surprisely, it has 2 seasons, a lot of good comfy shows doesn’t get this treatment so it’s a very welcome surprise. I can’t wait to start ~more agressive~.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu I feel like a fool for passing this for so long, the story worked so well with the timeskips and the passage of time never felt wrong, the characters were great, soundtrack was great, the stories they told were enterteining. It truly deserves to be regarded as one of best of this year.

Rakugo was the last show i wanted to catch up on, my list order is already decided. I'll just write a least a sentence for each show then i'll post on the voting thread.

phaze

Fuse: Memoirs of the Hunter Girl

Decent yet disappointing ? A treat on the visual side, with some strikingly beautiful backgrounds and a great deal of animation. Similarly superb OST that puts you on your toes in the very scene and yet ... I thought this collapsed utterly in the last act. There's like, a barrage of things that come out of left field, sudden silly switches of allegiance, involvement of side characters that hardly seems feasible, some class relations babble suddenly thrown in, the plot revelations that are too sparse and peddled too fast to properly register and then ... the main relationship between the two leads, the denouement of which, despite large amount of screen time, doesn't feel very unearned. There isn't a whole lot to the heroine and with the epilogue, that entire plot line the entire thing just leaves you cold sadly. Xam'd ending was probably better than this.

Also, paging Admiral Woofington - it's a movie about dog people !

Hand Shakers Episode 1

Really awesome character designs and locations and I never get tired fo the 3d camera technique whenever Tazuna is running or even in action scenes and it seems much improved from K s2 at times.
C11F4cJWgAA_W32.jpg:small
C11IVmyXcAA-eod.jpg:small

The gears from Tazuna are really creative and how they link up to form that sword is stunning. Breaks chains attacks with the fire feeling to them was great. His va really does a great job and makes him really likeable. I hope he sticks around.
C11Ap9gW8AIv3y7.jpg:small
C11GhhhW8AAgKTm.jpg:small

Best action of the season and the piano songs are glorious.

Hand Shakers - 1

WHO THOUGHT THIS LOOKED GOOD.

WHO THOUGHT ANY OF THIS LOOKED GOOD.

WHO LOOKED AT THIS AND SAID "YEP THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH TO AIR ON TV!!"

eA71vMt.png

phaze

ACCA 01
I liked this. More for a promise of things to come (going by the OP) then anything that this episode in particular did but the entire premise of an intrigue within the bolt&nuts of functioning bureaucracy is something I find appealing. Especially with the monarchical slant of things and the adult cast. Sadly, this doesn't look like it's going to be a looker.

Love the OP song.

Ducky you may just have sold me on Zestiria. I'm just like you, in that I couldn't last too long with the game. I love me some Ufotable too, so maybe I will give it a shot tonight.

phaze

Nuke this page.

Oh come on, that's just blatant asking for it. :p

---------

Today I learned House of Five Leaves Pupa director is also the Battery directory.

Time to grit teeth and dive back

--------

Your Name and Koe no Katachi not making it into potato land leave me with only Harmony, Miss Hokusai and maybe Kizu II for my movie list :( Anything else that is eligible ? I guess I haven't seen Boy and the Beast yet.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
You people decided to watch an anime made by GoHands, the kings of shitty filters, not sure what you were expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom