• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciel

Little Busters

Heard good things about this and Refrain, thus started on this today (episode 8 atm). Really not feeling it atm,

Everything just feels like its lifted off the Common Route of a VN (Yes yes i know Little Busters is/was a VN).

Cornbread78

Thx! I will watch konosuba today =D

Enjoy greatness!

Masamune-kun's Revenge - Ep. 2
Yoshino best girl confirmed. I was looking for a show with a yandere anyway.

Scum's Wish - Ep. 1
Defiently not a show for me, but I guess some else might love a show like this.
That person would probably very synical about relationships.

I really wasn't expecting
Yoshino
of all people was the "Pig's foot" girl, but I sure as hell laughed a little bit at her reaction and yandere introduction. I'm hoping she becomes "x" harem insert chick just for fun. The show has a much lighter and fun tone than I originally thought it would.

On Scum's Wish, well... I'm not sure how much of this I can watch.... Not because it is bad, (the story premise is very interesting) but because it just makes me pretty uncomfortable watching the self deprecation these two are doing to themselves. I am interested to see how they handling things with the other couple going forward, but I'm not comfortable watching these 2 go to third base every week, pretending that they are each other senpai's.

Little Busters

Heard good things about this and Refrain, thus started on this today (episode 8 atm). Really not feeling it atm,

Everything just feels like its lifted off the Common Route of a VN (Yes yes i know Little Busters is/was a VN).

There is a very big mystery aspect of the show that doesn't make itself clear until the end of S1 and going into refrain. With that being said, once you reach the last few episodes of refrain, it's mind blowing....

Season 1 of Little Busters is definitely structured like Clannad, where they spend time introducing each character and their backstories. This gives you better perspective as to just how close these characters are to one another. I can't say much more, but I would urge you to stick with it to experience the greatness of refrain and the ending reveals.

Space Dandy up to 9

I feel like this show was good up until episode 3, then the zombie episode happen and it kinda lost a bunch of goodwill from me and never really regrabbed me afterward. I don't want to say that the problem is the episodic nature of it since I liked other episodic showin the past, but the no-continuity between each episode is kind of bothering me. I don't feel like watching the next episode and that's where the alert came that I wasn't really enjoying it. Shame since I kind of like Dandy as a character, but heh.

So if it doesn't change the way it tell it's story I don't think I'll go back.

Sooo since I needed an another anime and really felt like watching something shonen-ish I went for

Ushio and Tora 1-2

First what drove me to try this was the character design which I really love and the 90s anime visuals feeling I have from it. Ushio looks really cool and he is really likable so far. The comedy is working with me so far so that's a big plus and the action is really great. I think I found something along my tastes so hopefully it stays like that for the whole time.

Space Dandy up to 9

I feel like this show was good up until episode 3, then the zombie episode happen and it kinda lost a bunch of goodwill from me and never really regrabbed me afterward. I don't want to say that the problem is the episodic nature of it since I liked other episodic showin the past, but the no-continuity between each episode is kind of bothering me. I don't feel like watching the next episode and that's where the alert came that I wasn't really enjoying it. Shame since I kind of like Dandy as a character, but heh.

Sooo since I needed an another anime and really felt like watching something shonen-ish I went for

Ushio and Tora 1-2

First what drove me to try this was the character design which I really love and the 90s anime visuals feeling I have from it. Ushio looks really cool and he is really likable so far. The comedy is working with me so far so that's a big plus and the action is really great. I think I found something along my tastes so hopefully it stays like that for the whole time.

Space Dandy was a real mixed bag for me. I love half the episodes and the other half were either bad or outright forgettable.

Aki-at

6pFy5hX.jpg

I can't wait.

I can always expect a good amount of cat fights from Trigger, it'll be greeeeaaat.

Ascheroth

Ushio and Tora 1-2

Yeah, you're going to like Ushio and Tora. Not only does it have that 90s anime visual feel, it also hasthat general 90s shonen feel! (because it's based on a 90s manga :p)
There are some weak episodes sprinkled in, especially at the beginning of the second season, but on a whole it delivers.
Hakumen no Mono is a legit terrifying villain.
Enjoy the ride!

Sciel

Enjoy greatness!
There is a very big mystery aspect of the show that doesn't make itself clear until the end of S1 and going into refrain. With that being said, once you reach the last few episodes of refrain, it's mind blowing....

Season 1 of Little Busters is definitely structured like Clannad, where they spend time introducing each character and their backstories. This gives you better perspective as to just how close these characters are to one another. I can't say much more, but I would urge you to stick with it to experience the greatness of refrain and the ending reveals.
Yeah i'll probably stick with it to the end.

Its just a lot of the randomness in the early episodes (oh joy, test of courage - haunted house episode) and the Key's comedy doesn't work for me.

So this Scum's Wish anime interesting? an episode seems to have aired.

It's depressing.

Space Dandy was a real mixed bag for me. I love half the episodes and the other half were either bad or outright forgettable.
Yea that's the pattern I was starting to see and I prefered to just watch something else at that point. It just did not have that *feeling* to keep me watching.
Yeah, you're going to like Ushio and Tora. Not only does it have that 90s anime visual feel, it also that general 90s shonen feel! (because it's based on a 90s manga :p)
There are some weak episodes sprinkled in, especially at the beginning of the second season, but on a whole it delivers.
Hakumen no Mono is a legit terrifying villain.
Enjoy the ride!
Great news! I am definitely optimistic from that first impression.

Zelda at launch is great but Fire Emblem, Xenoblade 2 and SMT are only pipeline titles that could only come out in 2018 or so... I'll have to think long and hard about this one. Tons of games coming out now on the PS4, so I'll have to see how my finances are doing around February.
Be like woof. Buy the wii u version, wait until Zelda runs on cemu in pc if you have a strong one for gaming, play it on that instead.

Woof ain't supporting them greedy Nintendo executives with the switch. Woof keeping his wii u

Space Dandy is essentially an anthology series equivalent to Genius Party or Animator Expo. With anthologies, you always get uneven quality from the individual works by different creators within them. But the best episodes of Space Dandy, especially episode 21, fully justify its existence.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Zelda is now the clear AOTY for 2017.

If Xenoblade 2 somehow is also out this year, it'll be runner-up.

This all pushes Hatsune Miku Future Tone down to 3rd.

Szadek

Ushio and Tora 1-2

This should be a show for you. The stays episodic for a while (but thesse episodes still matter later on) before the main plot starts.
I really wasn't expecting
Yoshino
of all people was the "Pig's foot" girl, but I sure as hell laughed a little bit at her reaction and yandere introduction. I'm hoping she becomes "x" harem insert chick just for fun. The show has a much lighter and fun tone than I originally thought it would.
Yeah, that was quite the suprise, although there weren't that many suspects.

Ascheroth

Yea that's the pattern I was starting to see and I prefered to just watch something else at that point. It just did not have that *feeling* to keep me watching.

Great news! I am definitely optimistic from that first impression.

You should also totally watch Majin Bone and Danball Senki next.

Space Dandy is essentially an anthology series equivalent to Genius Party or Animator Expo. With anthologies, you always get uneven quality from the individual works by different creators within them. But the best episodes of Space Dandy, especially episode 21, fully justify its existence.

I know that. What I'm saying is that for me the uneven quality was extreme. Either loved it or hated it.

Little Busters

Little Busters is pretty good. Refrain is definitely better.

Crocodile

Tailenders

This is an old OVA I caught wind of the other day. Like a mini-Redline. It was fun :)

Space Dandy up to 9

This is.......an unusual opinion. Most (including me) would argue Episode 4 (zombie episode) was one of the best episodes of the first half and 5, 7 and 9 were all all-stars too.

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga Episode 2 – Strange Bedfellows
C2EnuoJXgAQmEfA.jpg:small
C2EpUcpXgAIH-VO.jpg:small

Shima is just having a mighty good time all episode, and with Rin even too, another moment I needed to see animated.

Bon stuff is intriguing but I hope it moves forward a bit faster. Konekomaru as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom