• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjonaug

Youjo Senki 02: Much better than episode one. This episode captured pretty nicely what makes the original work so amusing to me. The animation was quite a bit worse though, doesn't bode well for the rest of the show looking presentable.

Rakugo 02: Still amazing. The direction succeeded in making something that was intentionally uncomfortable to watch.

Deadly

Is Fuuka purely a drama show or does it have a nice dose of comedy? Thinking of watching it put I'm not too interested if it's just a romance drama.

Rakugo S2 - 02 (and 01)

I was thinking, this is a pretty packed series, every episode feels crammed with stuff. Good old efficient storytelling without navel-gazing, even if it doesn't seems so at first given the material it works with. In both episodes we have some progress in the 'character drama' part, with the relationships between characters advancing a bit, another part showing the actual status of Rakugo, Yotaro (should I write now Sukereku?) acting, problems and worries, and another part about the (possible) future of Rakugo, with the participation of the writer, and some other secondary characters appearing than finish rounding up the setting, like the comedian who left the Rakugo world or the critic. Additionally the first episode had the 'catching up' intro and the second episode had the more Rakugo acting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is Fuuka purely a drama show or does it have a nice dose of comedy? Thinking of watching it put I'm not too interested if it's just a romance drama.

It's a Kouji Seo work.

If you find something funny about it, its not intentional.

download.png

Is God holding a giant flashlight next to the Earth here or something?

Erigu

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2 01
[...]
Mangetsu-kun is someone I do not recall at all in the first season but I'm assuming it's someone he meets sometime during the time skip
He's introduced in the second OAD / the director's cut of the first episode. That whole part was cut from the TV broadcast.

Cornbread78

RahXephon ep.11
Well, that was a pretty damn weird episode from its immersive opening to the very end. They were hoping Ayato would
stay in that alternate world by luring him with sex from girls in his memory and his mother?

That was just weird, but man that was quite the destructive finishing move!

No idea whether duckroll is being serious or not but I dig it. Very nice looking and clean. It's the colours I think that make me like it as much as I do, along with the framing.

Izayoi

Banned
For what it's worth, I think Barakamon is way fucking funnier than Maid Dragon. It really didn't click with me at all. I cracked a smile or two, but never really laughed.

Oh and

Barakamon 1-4

Simply incredible. Hits all the right notes for me. Great premise, and fantastic characters all around. I adore it.

The perfect light-hearted comedy.

Eylos

Banned
Watched konosuba 1-6

Its very funny, liking it so far, made me remember of gintama a little, sado girl, money girl, lazy hero

Narag

Konosuba S2 1

YZ5r2ub.png

I laughed a bunch. I think getting right back into things from the start, the manifestation of consequence for being a shitheel in S1, and the loose visuals made this one work for me.

Aqua still sux.

Konosuba S2 1

YZ5r2ub.png

I laughed a bunch. I think getting right back into things from the start, the manifestation of consequence for being a shitheel in S1, and the loose visuals made this one work for me.

Aqua still sux.
Fuck you, Aqua is who I model my life after.

Cornbread78

Fuuko ep.3
That was an excellent episode! The beach scene came off a little rushed, but my goodness, the sybolism with the umbrellas was sooo fitting right there as the drama is about to blow in. I was hoping for another cute SoL episode like this one next week, but nope, it's about to start....

Random thought:
Anyone else that isn't "in the know" waiting for the "big twist" that is going to come eventually to be the MC telling both hotties to go to hell and trying to bag the gay friend?

Future Card Buddyfight: DDD [Triple D] Episode 41
This was a great episode and logical way to handle Kyoya, none of that forced losing for plot nonsense from episodes ago. Kyoya is the best so ultimately deserves the best
wish the Dragon Zwei change had taken place

Cornbread78

Barakamon 1-4
Simply incredible. Hits all the right notes for me. Great premise, and fantastic characters all around. I adore it.
The perfect light-hearted comedy.

Which is why we were all screaming for you to watch it. It's a perfect 10 SoL anime.

Fuck you, Aqua is who I model my life after.
Put some damn pants on.

Children....

Anyone that thinks they know what the twist is in Fuuka doesn't know what the twist is.

It's entirely unpredictable.

All I know is that is has something to do with
"truck-kun"
I abondoned the thread before I got completely spoiled, but my goodness there a shitton of winking and nudging going on online... Thanks everyone for not posting it here!!

Also, from thise that have read the manga and are now watching, will they make it to that point by the end of 12 episodes? It was also said that they would probably have to skip a lot of good shit to get to that point in 1 cour...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think the twist involves a legendary entity known as "truck-kun".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom