• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue exorcist impure king arc 2

Man I loved the characters interactions so much this episode! They convey their emotions so well, I love them all so much. BUT seeing my boy Rin sad makes me so so sad....how can anyone hate him! He's both hot and cute at the same time AND he has the best freakin smile.

I don't remember how season 1 looked that much but I just love how this season of Blue exorcist look, A-1 did a freakin fantastic job.

I just noticed, I think the reason why I loved this episode so much is because Yukio had like 30 secondes of screen time.

I looked up the twist. I now just wanna watch and see how it happens.

What's happening more recently is probably dumber than that twist.
Fuuka 2.0 is jealous and quits the band because a girl who looks identical (complete with singing talent) to the dead Fuuka 1.0 showed up and is interested in the main character. I'm just waiting for the reveal that this Fuuka lookalike is the original without her memories.

What's happening more recently is probably dumber than that twist.
Fuuka 2.0 is jealous and quits the band because a girl who looks identical (complete with singing talent) to the dead Fuuka 1.0 showed up and is interested in the main character. I'm just waiting for the reveal that this Fuuka lookalike is the original without her memories.
I knew about
the second Fuuka but lol at an identical to the original.

I looked up the twist. My reaction is as follows:

dzUv6EC.jpg

This kind of twist is the reason why I have trust issues. What a fuckery LOL. I feel like if I were reading this weekly, I would have dropped it right at that moment.

This kind of twist is the reason why I have trust issues. What a fuckery LOL. I feel like if I were reading this weekly, I would have dropped it right at that moment.

The whole thing was pretty hilarious.
The cliffhanger, the reveal that Seo went through with it. Then the introduction of another Fuuka to replace her that was the daughter of the truck driver that killed the first Fuuka. And now he's brought back the original Fuuka.

The cliffhanger, the reveal that Seo went through with it. Then the introduction of another Fuuka to replace her. And now he's brought back the first Fuuka.

Getting Gundam 00 S2 flashbacks at this.

Wait,
how does he bring back the first Fuuka? Please tell me the Dragon Balls or something like that got introduced.

Getting Gundam 00 S2 flashbacks at this.

Wait,
how does he bring back the first Fuuka? Please tell me the Dragon Balls or something like that got introduced.
It's not clear what this new character is yet other than someone completely identical to the first Fuuka with all her talents and possibly even some memories.

The cliffhanger, the reveal that Seo went through with it. Then the introduction of another Fuuka to replace her that was the daughter of the truck driver that killed the first Fuuka. And now he's brought back the original Fuuka.
It's not clear what this new character is yet other than someone completely identical to the first Fuuka with all her talents and possibly even some memories.
Pero porqué?

Gurren Lagann - 12

Anime always find a way of whipping up a beach episode, without fail.

Pero porqué?

Gurren Lagann - 12

Anime always find a way of whipping up a beach episode, without fail.

The best thing about this beach episode is that actual significant things happened with
Adiane getting offed and Nia's hair getting blown off.

Believe it or not, back in the day something like that felt new to me, lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If everyone spoils themselves, who will be left to react?

:thinking:

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT Episode 8 EngDub
C2GddLYXgAE7unj.jpg:small
C2Gek9zXAAAbIxI.jpg:small

France looks great. Well though my favorite Ranuculus of Searing Heart, Alsha from Neo Nectar was here, Jaime Alcarex instead showed Aqua Force has some awesome cards
C2GgHjBWIAQEtjo.jpg:small
C2GgV1uXUAA7UZX.jpg:small

C2GhW35WQAEKCxQ.jpg:small
C2Gis0yWQAERAM6.jpg:small

One who surpasses storm, Thavas
Storm Dominator, Commander Thavas,
Marine General of Twin Bullets, Cretas,
Storm of Lament, Wailing Thavas

were the best cards on display.

Plotwise
RIP MIguel Torres, you will be missed

The best thing about this beach episode is that actual significant things happened with
Adiane getting offed and Nia's hair getting blown off.

Believe it or not, back in the day something like that felt new to me, lol.
I just die every time the grandpa shows up to save the day in some way

Cornbread78

Gurren Lagann - 13
The fight was awesome, Simon has really become a badass. But what took the cake for me was the reaction faces everyone made when they ate Nia's food LOL.

jgminto

Rakugo S2 2
I forgot how great the full length Rakugo performances were, the intensity of Yotaro's battle for the audience's attention was captivating to watch with how well they showed the audience's interest in the performance through visuals.

duckroll

Tales of Zestiria the X - Episode 13

Very good start to the new season. Great to see Suhara flex his directing muscles again. I think this episode did a lot of contextualize Slay's journey, and what it means to some of the people following him. It also does a great job of introducing the third major city in the story, and expands on the other aspects of Rose's character. Direction and writing is sharper than usual, hopefully it's a good trend for the entire remaining season. I'm very curious about the previous Shepard now.

Mokoi

Banned
Rakugo S2 1

A brief recap with rakugo was nice. Yato be pulling me into his act that just makes me smile. We are not worthy of such goodness.

Mailbox

I got spoiled by the twist in Fukka well before the anime was even announced (I liked Suzuka enough to be at least a lil interested :p). Anywho, I finally got to watching some stuff this week (yay). Puts a nice note to a pretty crappy week (one of my lecturer's is straight up incompetent in all aspects of teaching and class management and everyone in the lecture hall is this close to freakin out over her BS >.< Never have I had a class where I could confidently say "i straight up wasted the $2k it cost in tuition" before now >.<)

so,

Masamune-kun's (poorly thought out) Revenge 2

I think the one thing I don't like about this show is that he really doesn't seem to have any sort of plan in terms of being a dickhead to this female lead. He's just kinda going with the flow and playing things by ear :S I do like the weird confusion created by that "clumsy" assistant character (uneasy alliances) and I'm warming up to the side cast. I hear that the manga kinda goes to shit later on due to inconsistencies, so Idk how this will fair out.The damnedest thing is that my "infinite stratos" radar keeps going off with this show and I can't seem to figure out why just yet. I mean its significantly much better than either IS or Hundred and doesn't have a lick to do with scantly-clad fighting chicks, but... idk...

Either way, Enjoying it so far at least. Its not AOTY materal, for sure, but its enjoyable enough. This episode definitely didn't have the whole "red-pill-kinda" feel the first episode sorta-kinda had, thats for sure.

Konosuba 2-1

My god did the animation and art look much much worse than season 1. I don't even mean how in season one where things were purposefully ugly (i actually enjoyed that aspect of the show). This episode just had moments of... idk "Deen" to it?idk how to put it exactly. Maybe they just went a (lot) overboard with the "purposeful ugliness" and just made it straight ugly at times (seriously some of the hold-stills are just straight up bad)

That aside, it was fucking hilarious. Aqua and the prison, the interrogation, the trial, it was all a damn good laugh. If this season can keep up these shitty characters and give me more laughs I'll be happy regardless of art quality :p (which brings me to the last thing I watched just now...)

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 1

Okay, so I probably like this a lot more than you guys probably do. I honestly think that despite gaining in quality, Kyoani have kinda been playing things "safe" with character design and animation style (safe as in "doing the same thing and in a same style" not as in lazy), so seeing them do something like this is rather refreshing. Animation is top notch, and I'm liking the characters. Seeing Kobayashi drunk is quite fun, and seeing the "semi-yandere" side of Tooru is nice. I also really quite like how the show just gives it to you straight up: Tooru finds Kobayashi sexually attractive. No yuri-bait or dumb nonsense to fluff things out, its just straight up with the audience: "this is how these characters are and how they feel, and go!" That said, there is one thing though... Despite getting a chuckle or 2 out of me, I couldn't quite get away from the feeling that this should have been funnier than it was. Like it was trying to be "establishing" too much and couldn't quite hit the jokes as well as it should have.

One thing I have finally noticed though:
I feel like anime producers need to stop fucking up 1 specific aspect of adaptations of this Mangaka's works: Breast sizes. Every single adaptation the size increases by like 2-3 sizes for the main female character -_-. Mind you, in "...Wakaranai Ken" it wasn't that much of an issue since the character still fit the styling and it wasn't much of a change so it was basically unnoticeable. But then in "Komori-san", all other proportions of all other characters were kept the same except for Komori's breast size and it just ruined all proportion and style the character had that worked for the manga (and lets not forget that Komori is a middle schooler in a non-ecchi anime). It was beyond distracting and really hurt the enjoy-ability of that show.

And now in this one, Tooru has some chest-gains and Kyoani even decided to add in bubbly sound effects for the gainaxing as if to go "hey, you see these, yeah, we made them bigger. Good, right?". And its just so bizarre. Its not an ecchi manga nor is it an ecchi show. Mind you in the manga, theres really no consistency to Tooru's size in general (as far as i can tell), but its never... that large... (and don't fucking kid yourselves Kyoani, those aren't D's you smug bastards.) Oh well, at least Kyoani has the animation skill to make the show at least competent and enjoyable despite this specific grievance of mine

Much to that effect, I'm kinda dreading that giant boobed blond dragon coming eventually...I've had enough of gigantor-boobzillas with stupid looks on their faces for a while tbh... Hybrid x heart ruined them for me in anime...

either way, I'm enjoying it so far and will definitely watch until the end :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom