• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

That's because Kuroko is not a sport series. It's actually a fighting shounen disguised as a sport.

(I'm only half joking)

Without understanding what you liked about Kuroko, I guess the closest thing to it would be Prince of Tennis? If your issue are with the matches, I think the most interesting matches are later and in S2, but I can't recall now. But Haikyuu is a fairly grounded series, so don't expect super powers or people with split personalities. :p

Hm, I wonder if that's what I found the most enjoyable about Kuroko. I did like the idea of prodigies being such a big part of it, and how the main team felt like underdogs against insurmountable odds so consistently.

One thing "grounded" that I liked more with Kuroko, though, was the main character himself. The quiet, seemingly despondent guy was a nice change of pace compared to the typical hothead go-getter.

I think the only other "sports" series I've seen was Ping Pong. That was fantastic.

But,

At least keep watching through Nekoma.

I dunno. I've seen both of those shows and I like both of them, but Haikyuu is on another level for me. I thought the matches felt way more dynamic and tense as well. I'd say stick with it.

Thanks, I'll watch it some more. As the stakes inevitably get higher, it might intrigue me more moving forward.

PK Gaming

So I enjoyed Kuroko's Basketball, and I decided to try out Haikyu!! since I've seen the name floating around. I'm at episode 6, and it doesn't seem as compelling to me. It feels more... childish? The humor's not clicking, and I can't say I'm into the protagonist duo that's at the forefront right now. There haven't been too many, but the matches feel less dynamic and far less tense, too.

Worth sticking with despite my reluctance, or are my feelings now a sign that it might not be for me?

Two words

ONE MORE!

Szadek

Princess Precure - Ep. 10
This series is on fire right now. I though nothing would happen this episode, but I dead wrong about that.
They learn more about the school by finding the secret garden.
Then that Shut shows and summon the most powerful Zetsuborg and the fight against was pretty good as well.
For the first time the precures use a tripple finisher and it was glorious. After that they get new dress up keys
Oh, and Yui figured out who the precures are.

Finally, the main villains shows up and is pretty pissed at Shut, but that a stroy for the next episode.

March comes in like a lion - Ep. 13
Those matches were pretty intense. Too bad that we didn't got to see how the 2nd one ended.
I guess we will have to wait for the next episode to see that.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju - Ep. 2
So that white haired guy knows Yakumo plan to let Rakugo die together with him?
I wonder how exactly he is planning to use Yotarou for this own goals.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah. It works better if you look at the "monster" as allegory for special needs children but it brings nothing to the actual subgenre.
I feel like that analogy just makes this show worse. The first two episodes would have been about special needs children wanting to date their teacher.

Taruranto

Haikyuu shits all over Kuroko

Oofuri>>Haikyuu>>>>Kuroko plays with his balls

Too bad S3 never. :(

4HdwZkY.jpg

Sad!

Szadek

I feel like that analogy just makes this show worse. The first two episodes would have been about special needs children wanting to date their teacher.
I never understood why so many people have a problem with this kind of stuff.
Teenager having a crush on a Teacher(or other adults for that matter) really isn't a big deal. It happens all the time.
The other way around is obviously a different story.

It's not like naive teenagers know anything about adult releationships anyway.

Jintor

the problem is that anime teachers have very very bad ethics (or more commonly they just kinda brush that shit aside because it's romantic or something)

i mean not that student/teacher relationships in the west are pure or some shit but I think generally speaking it's less bad most of the time

Dragon Ball Super 74

Oh my god this episode was great.

But the best part was the end when they're all walking away from the premiere praising Gohan and Goku
fell asleep during the movie because he got bored
. The show might give Gohan a chance here and there amidst the jokes of his character turning into a joke, but Goku sure doesn't give a fuck about his boring son.

Interviews with Monster Girls 1

The animators were having a lot of fun with Hikari's spunky personality.

My favorite part was the contrast between the awkward conversation between the dullahan and her classmates when the subject of her head came up and then the later scene where Hikari blithely charged ahead into the subject when talking with her and thus helped break the ice between her and her classmates. That was a nice touch.

I do wonder where this series will go though. They'll run out of demi girls pretty quickly if they do an interview an episode, and then what? I could see this easily becoming stale.

Mailbox

Scum's wish 1

I was really worried that this adaptation would be horrible since the subject matter and whatnot could turn out really bad if handled wrong (because anime basically). As it turns out, this episode was legit great. It had interesting editing, good art and aesthetic and I dig the line art and style. I also really do like how they stuck to how the manga handles its focus rather than trying to be (dumb) smart about it and giving you winks and nudges. There are a few little winks in the OP, but no one's really gonna notice what I mean unless they have read the manga.

Just as an fyi, the manga ends in a few months, and if it goes as fast as this is we should be expecting a full adaptation!

I've read some of the impressions regarding the episode and I fully understand why many of you feel the way you do and what expectations you have regarding some characters. I'm not sure if I should say anything, but lets just say that you're probably wrong. Next episode should be focusing on introducing side characters and have some focus on the main guy.

Anywho, I really really like this, definitely the one to watch for this season so far. Hope they can keep this quality!

Also, just as a tease, what do you guys think of the teachers the students are in love with? Like, what do you think of their characters?

Jintor

Interviews with Monster Girls 1
I do wonder where this series will go though. They'll run out of demi girls pretty quickly if they do an interview an episode, and then what? I could see this easily becoming stale.

I mean... it's probably just another slice of life right? They don't really need plot as such.

It gives no indication to me of becoming a drama, which is the usual genre shift

godisntheradio

Neo Member
Fafner in the Azure: Dead Agressor 14-15

i was expecting someone to die in these episodes but everything's OK. I got a little confused with the terminology so i'll be watching more frequently, that way i think i won't forget things.

i started to watch Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru and i'm already at episode 7. It's a great comedy and i love light things like this to relax.

Andrew J.

As someone who only experiences ACCA through the screenshots and impressions posted in this thread...

Do those uniform look a little Nazi-esque, or is is just me?

Syrinx

BoJack Horseman S2 4

lmao they actually brought in Paul McCartney just to jump out of the cake at the end and wander off.

The owl is awesome and her inevitable breakup with BoJqck is going to ruin me.

The Great Passage 01

How difficult is it to write a Japanese dictionary? Do they have a print version of Urban Dictionary or Know Your Meme? Jokes aside the premise is interesting but I have to wonder how much of it is lost in translation. The conversation about “right” (the direction or the ideology) was very much a localization for English speakers to understand.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! Stars 39

Headmaster Morodouchi loses so hard he nearly bankrupts the school. Now Lily has to win enough to counter all true losing he did to save the school. Which of course she does, because all Lily does is win. They should just give her the spot in S4 now.

Also apparently this contest had eight contestants from eight different idol schools. That's way too many idol schools. There should be like...Two. Tops.

The Great Passage 02

Majime's character is a bit of a paradox. He appears introverted, is afraid of working with others and is so unsociable he doesn't even carry a personal cellphone. Yet his previous job was sales. With his personality he seems even less suited for sales as that involves talking with strangers and using your people skills to sell a product. Granted from what was shown in the previous episode he was pretty lousy at it.

Fuuka 01

First 2 minutes he's staring at her panties. She breaks his smartphone and assaults him. Oh hurr hurr so funny.

What the hell. No.

ACCA 01

Not digging the art, but its got a good premise. I'll keep watching for sure.
Edit: Thinking about it more, that was good. Reaaaaal good.

Narag

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 7

It's interesting he's starting to be so emotive around Sukeroku when he's typically stoic to a fault. Unsure if it's just indulgence in this episode or an aftereffect of the play where he's allowing himself to be more expressive like the kitsune Sukeroku teased him as being.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kobayashi's maid dragon 1
I like it. I don't know why but the image of dragon chewing your cloths to clean it is hilarious.

Konosuba 2nd 1
The key animator go all in with saggy breast. I finally accepted that the whole off model thing is artistic choices and it made me enjoy this better. So yeah, it's hilarious and everyone is still an asshole

Ascheroth

Tales of Zestiria ZA KUROSSU #1-4

I remember not liking the episode 0 all that much, but this has been really good, you guys weren't joking. Looks good as expected for an Ufotable show and it really reminded me how much I liked some of the themes and ideas in the game.
The sword scene was great. And the nostalgic Ladylake music.

Not going to bother with the Berseria episodes.

Szadek

HEYBOT! 16

The jokes write themselves.

Um... Praise the Sun?
Anime gaf nerds explain this shit
She obviously used a double jump.

Interviews With Monster Girls - Ep. 2
That was a cute episode about Dullahan-chan.
Apperently her romantic fantasy involves that someone else carries her head.

Princess Precure - Ep. 11
It was really funny when Kirara attacked the main villain head on, because she doesn't want to waste a chance of killing her.
Since Dyspear doesn't have much patience, Close had to make his last stand this early into the series.
His last fight was a bit underwhelming, but by no means bad. Apperently his final from is a crow for some reasons.
Although, it was very cool when he interupted the light beam in order to stop from getting new powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom