• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta get on Gundam Build Fighters asap.
After Gurren Lagann, of course.
If it only were that show that I have in my backlog, maybe lol. I watched I think 1 or 2 episodes of that and it was alright. Idea was cool.

Almost there with TTGL though! I may sneak a couple episodes in today.

Jex

THIS LWA ED!

tumblr_mzoni0xQZN1ri0dllo1_400.gif

Good ED, actually better than OP. Not Flip Flappers tier, but pretty damn close.

Tales of Zestiria the X 14
Rose showed more range in this episode than the entirety of the game. Ufotable is saving her character from the dumpster of Marysuedom.

Tales of Zestiria the X 3-14

Glad I've caught up with this, turned out to be more entertaining that expected. This has been quite the entertaining ride and I cannot wait for more. But I do have one question:

Why the fuck is Rose so god damn important now?

duckroll

Tales of Zestiria the X 3-14

Why the fuck is Rose so god damn important now?

I was talking to Bebpo about the game and he mentioned that at some point they removed Alisha from the story and made Rose the main heroine and that's what pissed off most of the JP fans. Lol!!!!

I was talking to Bebpo about the game and he mentioned that at some point they removed Alisha from the story and made Rose the main heroine and that's what pissed off most of the JP fans. Lol!!!!
The game has this awkward apprentice thing that they use to justify why the 2nd human character can fuse with seraphs in battle that the show has scrapped. Alisha gets dumped for Rose as the 2nd human character. There's actually a far worse party transition that no doubt ufotable will do much better too.

duckroll

The game has this awkward apprentice thing that they use to justify why the 2nd human character can fuse with seraphs in battle that the show has scrapped. Alisha gets dumped for Rose as the 2nd human character. There's actually a far worse party transition that no doubt ufotable will do much better too.

Huh, is that the squire thing that happened with Alisha at the end of season 1?

Ahh so this is what they got so upset about. I remember reading about it but I didn't quite understand the anger.

Nyanko Days 2

At first I thought they were just kittens that looked like little catgirls but were actually cats in reality, but this episode seems to make it clear they are all in fact kitten catgirls.

Gundam Iron blooded orphans 39

So am I suppose to think that
Naze and crew will die
? Cause I don't want to :(

Also the new opening and ending are excellent!

The way Alisha leaves the party in the anime is handled a whole lot better than in the game too, it makes sense why she would do it. Throughout the show, she was a character that was there, but wasn't. She had a goal of her own, and Sorey even had a conversation about what would happen if the war had already started. Each of them was following their own path, which just so happened to intertwine here and there. In the game she was in your party for a minute and then she just wasn't, specially because of how hugely marketed she was as a character. Japan takes their heroines super seriously (lol) and this just rubbed them off the wrong way.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Ao no Exorcist Season 2 Episode 2

This feels like it is taking way too long to get to something. Maybe I should just read all those volumes I bought a year ago that I never read.

Ao no Exorcist Season 2 Episode 2

This feels like it is taking way too long to get to something. Maybe I should just read all those volumes I bought a year ago that I never read.

Part of the problem is everyone is being anime confrontational. In that they start fighting, and then it just falls by the wayside, with not much changing, making the conflict seem pointless.

Haikyuu S1-S3
So I've been sick last week so I had a lot of free time. I asked about follow-ups to Ping Pong and Haikyuu was suggested.

As promised, this is a much more "shounen" and by-the-books sort of show, but I still thought it was good.

The animation and pacing was pretty consistent (even though-- ~10 episodes for one match, lol -- and it's easy to keep animation consistent when you're reusing a shitton of animation each episode), the characters were likable though they did not have amazing depth (I thought it was alright).
The matches felt exciting and like real matches, mostly grounded. It could get sort of annoying in the earlier matches where you're just "okay let's get on with the background for this character we're never gonna see again".

Other than that, I appreciated greatly the effort to show the effort by all characters and to have the skill of everyone developing. Especially what stuck a chord with me is how Hinata had to take one step backwards to take a forwards one (with the
open-eyes new quick thingy
), which is something that happens a lot in sports. The whole training camp in the second season was great.
I also appreciated being surprised at
them losing in the first season
, I just figured they'd go a bit further-- but I kinda thought this was going to be one of those anime where the characters switch around a bit rather than sticking to the same main crew. I thought that because some of the characters appeared rather mediocre, but rather than toss them to the side the series decided to develop them and give them new, but not extravagant strengths.

Now, do I wait for the fourth season or read the manga?

Furudate will have to decide how he handles the tourney as one outcome (karasuno wins) is contrary to Hinatas goal of becoming the second coming of the little giant and/or being the ace, considering Asahi is considerd the ace and hinatsukki are kind of in the shadow of the third years. I prefer if we go to a yr 2 haikyuu with the third years cycled out and hinatsukki yams and kags in a stronger more prevalent role. Plus i want to know more of how the 2nd and 1st years can well make up for the absense of daichi and asahi. There is no clear person on karasuno that has daichis strenghts.

For reading the manga or waiting, imo as a reader there is no point to really coming over to the manga at this time 40 chps past the anime. Its not like there are tons of potential matches to read about post anime like many other sports adaptations, the content is just not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom