• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

I like those filenames

Subarashii.

I can appreciate studios with unique artistic quirks (feel free to avatar quote me on this), but Hand Shakers looked like it took those quirks too far, to the point they didn't add but rather detracted from my enjoyement of the show. The awful flaming chains, the nearly non-existent battle coreography, the characters that heven't managed to get me even slightly interested in them and the (ab)use of constant camera movement all certainly made the first episode a pain to watch.

jgminto

Being X is obviously making things happen.
It hasn't been shown in the show yet but
The god, or being X here is so petty and butthurt it goes to extreme lengths to make someone praise its name through a cheap trick. The manga at least had the character see a god like being.

edit: To make things more clear, no matter if it does god like things, the MC questions how this thing can be god if it's such a cheap and incompetent asshole according to his standards.
That show really is the encapsulation of everything the alt-right loves. Nazis, obnoxious atheism, power fantasies, underage girls, it's the whole shebang!

bryanee

Arakawa Under the Bridge Season 1 and 2

Fun, quirky, absurd and ridiculous. I really enjoyed it and the craziness that surrounded the two seasons.

I'll have to look into the Manga to see how it ends.

Arakawa Under the Bridge Season 1 and 2

Fun, quirky, absurd and ridiculous. I really enjoyed it and the craziness that surrounded the two seasons.

I'll have to look into the Manga to see how it ends.

The manga goes weirder places....Crunchyroll has 99% of it (a few chapters that are not plot important are missing due to some copyright issues or something).

Mailbox

I updated my impressions with proper impressions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228436820&postcount=3996

Now watch Forest Fairy Five!

i.... i'm a bit scared of this one. I may give it a try when the season is done :p

You were warned but did not listen. I don't feel bad for you. You deserved it.

I don't need your pitty. I enjoy watching lower-than-trash anime. I'll be watching this all the way through, bud!

convo

Youjo Senki 1-2
Atheist talks mad shit about god to god while he's dying and gets smacked into alternate history WW1 to suffer for his potty mouth.I take this over the other spirals into madnesses, Fuuka and Hand shakers . Tanya doesn't really need any sympathy, everyone else is just falling over the might of japanese salaryman tactics and saving not-germany.

Cornbread78

Monster girl Interviews ep.2
Love the tone of the show. The comedy is good as "touchy" subjets are handled in a fun and tastful way. Also, yeah, succubus sensei is thirsty; this could be super fun!

I enjoy watching lower-than-trash anime. I'll be watching this all the way through, bud!

I'm giving it three to see if I can stand it. I mean, I did watch Big Order and Taboo Tattoo....

Hellraider

Yami Shibai S4

What is this garbage ED? From glorious Miku , to the crazyness of Naa Naa Naa to this generic and boring shit. They ruined everything!

Gundam IBO 39

New OP is dope. Not bad, this season has quite a few decent ones.

The 2 week break makes it seem like I haven't watched this show in forever. I had forgotten about Atra's crazy proposition, and she seems to be doubling down on it.

oni only goes to cheap ufo catchers

Darn tootin. I ain't spending 20 bucks on a 100 dollar sta-

...hrm.

Ask the staff to make it easier since you're baka gaijin ;P

I might've gotten away with that if my friend hadn't just won a cat plush the size of a small bear on just 300 yen.

Also, more proof Rem Best Girl status isn't just us Americraps.

zTIcQVe.jpg

Szadek

I already preordered a Rem Nendoroid.
She will probably look really nice to my Madoka Kaname and Shiro (No Game No Life) figures.

Cornbread78

3-gatsu ep.13
C'mon Rei, focus and win this shit bruh..

I loved the slower, more focused, pacing of this episode that highlighted the importance of the matches these professionals. Looking forward to seeing how Rei's match turns out next week!

Cornbread78

Tales of Zestiria the X S2 ep.2
Nice touch is adapting Rose's "awakening" right there. Also loving Sergai's role and how he is interacting with the group. Good stuff.

duckroll

Tales of Zestiria the X - Episode 14

Damn they're really developing Rose now. Bye bye Alisha. I guess this is where Japan drops the anime too? :D

For an episode named after Dezel, he sure didn't do jack shit this week. Hopefully we'll find out more about him next week. I like how this anime is handling the characters and world, but I wish they spent a bit more time on introductions and stuff. It's a bit weird to see Slay run into all these new people all the time, just accept them into his party, and he never asks any questions. I don't even know much about Edna or the naked dude she was hanging out with. Lailah seems to know them all but the audience is just ????????.

New ED is pretty amazing. Way better than the OP. It also has a Flow song so...

Gurren Lagann - 14

May just be me, but animation took a hit again. This is not ep. 4 levels but yeah some spots looked better than others. Understandable since they went all out with the special effects for the battle. That being said, all of the generals are now down. There are still quite a few episodes left though, so I can't believe Simon and his team is close to achieving their goal yet.

Cornbread78

Tales of Zestiria the X - Episode 14

Damn they're really developing Rose now. Bye bye Alisha. I guess this is where Japan drops the anime too? :D

For an episode named after Dezel, he sure didn't do jack shit this week. Hopefully we'll find out more about him next week. I like how this anime is handling the characters and world, but I wish they spent a bit more time on introductions and stuff. It's a bit weird to see Slay run into all these new people all the time, just accept them into his party, and he never asks any questions. I don't even know much about Edna or the naked dude she was hanging out with. Lailah seems to know them all but the audience is just ????????.

New ED is pretty amazing. Way better than the OP. It also has a Flow song so...

Edna's sharp tongue and sarcastic nature make her an excellent character in the game, but she will get done dev. time pretty soon. Right now, she's just trying to figure out Sorey, but hasn't fully bought in yet... More to come...

RahXephon ep.12
What the fuck is going on? I still have no clue, but I think we just saw a glimpse of the true antagonists...

duckroll

Gurren Lagann - 14

May just be me, but animation took a hit again. This is not ep. 4 levels but yeah some spots looked better than others. Understandable since they went all out with the special effects for the battle. That being said, all of the generals are now down. There are still quite a few episodes left though, so I can't believe Simon and his team is close to achieving their goal yet.

Why are you here posting instead of watching ep15?

Rainy

Banned
Girlish Number 1

Saw the first episode when it aired but got busy with school and never continued. Starting again now, loved this episode. These reaction faces are the best.

Cornbread78

Blue Exorcist S2 ep.2
Love getting all this character development for Ryuji and the other boys from the temple. It woukd have been great to get this when the original was airing, but I'll take it now since it really makes you ubderstand their dispositions better.

Thunderbolt Fantasy 4

The action direction in this episode was particularly stupid. How many fade to blacks does one scene need? At any rate, characters are interesting as always, we get more confirmation that this Enigmatic Gale guy is as sketchy as they come, and Screaming Phoenix Killer is a great name.

Gurren Lagann - 15

giphy.gif

I was floored. Did I just witness the greatest and hypest episode of all anime's existence?

Dude that part where
Lordgenome just walks out of his mech and starts punching the shit. One of the all time greatest super robot moments.

Oh and with regards to the bolded, no you didn't. :)

FYI Episode 16 is a recap episode.

WHERE CAN YOU EVEN GO FROM HERE. HOW CAN ANYTHING SURPASS THAT. I must find out.

Ahahahaha.

Get ready for the second half. :)

You can't. Don't expect it to. The series does expand in scale, but it never reaches this quality again. It's like E7 Ep26 in that regard.

Thats the best episode of the series, but not the one with the highest stakes and scale

Dude that part where
Lordgenome just walks out of his mech and starts punching the shit. One of the all time greatest super robot moments.

Oh and with regards to the bolded, no you didn't. :)

FYI Episode 16 is a recap episode.

Ahahahaha.

Get ready for the second half. :)

I never watched Eureka 7, that's something that is on my list of stuff to watch one day, but I see.

Shit man. That was absolutely bonkers, the animation was just fucking phenomenal, the music, the voice acting, EVERYTHING. And the action and hype just never stopped. It ramped up to 100 in the middle of the episode, and instead of doing what any other show would do after a climax and chill down, it just did the total opposite and kept going up to 500 LOL. FUCK!

Off the top of my head I can't remember the last time I was this shook by an anime episode.

Also thanks ninty, gonna skip 16! So glad you kept beating me over the head to watch this ahahaha.

Celcius

°Temp. member
My Sound! Euphonium soundtrack finally showed up from Play-Asia. Sooooo good, and the packaging is nicer than I expected too.
I just wish it had the song "Sound! Euphonium" from season 2.
(the song from Asuka's dad)

oh.
Now your talking my language. That is one of my all time favs in anime. Amazing.

Names, get on that next.
It's a huge commitment, it has a lot of episodes. I wanna watch Rahxephon sometime soon too... I wanna watch the rest of the GITS universe stuff also. There's just too much for me to ever catch up.

Gurren Lagann - 17

Ahhh
a 7 year time skip
this is awesome.
Rossiu
has kind of become a big son of a bitch hasn't he. And the whole thing with
Nia
, I swear on me mom if she gets killed in the whole process after that proposal and all, I'm giving this show a 1/10 on MAL. Don't do me wrong TTGL. Don't do me wrong. You did it once with
Kamina
, so I know you would have the balls to do it again with her.

Gurren Lagann - 17

Ahhh
a 7 year time skip
this is awesome.
Rossiu
has kind of become a big son of a bitch hasn't he. And the whole thing with
Nia
, I swear on me mom if she gets killed in the whole process after that proposal and all, I'm giving this show a 1/10 on MAL. Don't do me wrong TTGL. Don't do me wrong. You did it once with
Kamina
, so I know you would have the balls to do it again with her.

Rossiu is an ass in this arc but it's in a way that makes him one of my favourite characters.

I mean, I HATED him first time watching it, but the more I thought about it after subsequent rewatches the more I really came to appreciate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom