• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Kaze

Is Bahamut really an outlier? What about Sengoku Collection, Dragon Collection, Show by Rock, or even Love Live? Seems like mobile games with stories like Granblue are the outliers.

By outlier I meant good mobile game adaptation, but I suppose I haven't watched much to begin with. The only other one I enjoyed is the Cinderella Girls.

Akiba's Trip the Animation 01

I'm still mad that there's no corporate boss lady Shion or that F1 driver Kimi Raikkonen.

The animation looks fine, I guess. Would never have guessed it was GONZO quality. Haven't seen their stuff in years.

Kati does at least make a cameo appearance later, so there's that.

Jintor

i had a great day at plt training and then came back and did work emails for like an hour and i swear to god my soul left my fucking body never to return

3O2QRNH.jpg

Aaaaaahhhhh ha ha ha finally! It took 12 tries but I got it! Fuck you crane game

Jintor

most isekai stuff is like one dude reincarnates in fantasy world right

any isekai where a bunch of people reincarnate into fantasy world

besides log horizon

rrvv

most isekai stuff is like one dude reincarnates in fantasy world right

any isekai where a bunch of people reincarnate into fantasy world

besides log horizon

well technically SAO is one

OMG THE HORROR IS NOT OVER!

Sega Sammy is releasing a Eureka Seven AO Pachislot machine! And to commemorate that.....

http://www.sammy.co.jp/japanese/product/pachislot/2016/eurekaao/episode/

They are releasing an ENTIRE BRAND NEW FINAL EPISODE by BONES in 4 parts!

The... horror....

you horror is my sweet dream

Cornbread78

Remember when I thought I was watching Eureka 7, but I was watching AO instead?

Yeah, that happened. I need to watch the reat at some point...

jgminto

Pachislots are the truest form of entertainment, I welcome our Pachislot Overlords and pray that all your futures be filled with tiny silver balls.

Dragon Maid ep.1

First episode was pretty meh. Not sure whats up with Kyoani's pick of source materials but oh well. Will give this series two more episodes to hook me in, otherwise its another missuse of Kyoanis animation talent.

Qurupeke

Little Witch Academia 2
EvCE8Yq.jpg

...Lord Voldemort said, before casting a green spell that brings death. Hmm.........
Wow, Diana looks even better in this. It seems they've basically sped up her introduction and the bully phase, more like how her character was after the end of the first OVA. I approve. Also, looking forward to Shiny Chariot's story. The episodic nature of the series is fine, but I'm actually really interested in seeing her past and why she disappeared, they've essentially been building it up since the OVAs. It's 25 episodes after all, I think they'll be able to fit a lot of stuff in the story without butchering the characters or the series' tone.

kewlmyc

OMG THE HORROR IS NOT OVER!

Sega Sammy is releasing a Eureka Seven AO Pachislot machine! And to commemorate that.....

http://www.sammy.co.jp/japanese/product/pachislot/2016/eurekaao/episode/

They are releasing an ENTIRE BRAND NEW FINAL EPISODE by BONES in 4 parts!

The... horror....

Part of me wants to see they improve on the ending, rather than keeping it vague. I'm for this. It's not like the series can get any worse and AO isn't the worst piece of media in the E7 series. I find the movie way worse.

Line_HTX

It feels like there's a different team of animators for Dragon Maid or something. I guess I'm too used to what characters look like in Euphonium / Phantom World with their eyes.

Mob psycho 100 eng dub 6

This episode is still as boring as I remember it to be. Only saved by like the 3 scenes with the body improvement club leader.

Drifters 11 eng dub

That was a great episode! Going from the politics conflicts to the great start of the battle. I love how they show how intimidating the guns are in a era with no knowledge on them. Also, for everyone bashing the comedy in the first few episodes, they improved them so much. I laughed a bunch of time at them explaining to Nobunaga what history is saying of him.

Yoichi is still best boy
bde674b39447345ac65ceb02cc1546d0.jpg

It feels like there's a different team of animators for Dragon Maid or something. I guess I'm too used to what characters look like in Euphonium / Phantom World with their eyes.

From what I've seen, the animators who worked on episode 1 of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid are mostly a young set of relatively fresh animators at KyoAni, though the character designs themselves were handled by the designer for Beyond the Boundary and Amagi Brilliant Park.

Cornbread78

Whenever I view this page I get these stupid Ninja Girls X and Battle Girls ads on the mobile page. Which one of you is resposible for this maddness!

Sterok

Little Witch Academia 2

Poor Ursula getting no respect whichever identity she's taking. Akko should probably try learning about regular magic one of these days. She's really lucky she has a super magic stick. Sucy knows how to be a subtle dick. Diana appears and once again is the best character. Arrogant, but only because she knows her stuff, and she is trying to give Akko good advice. ED is cute.

zulux21

Pls. This ain't nothing compared to four years ago.

yup... I didn't bother hanging out in the anime thread often years ago because it was a full time job just to keep up with the thread.

I'd go to work for 8 hours and come home to like 30-50 pages of posts @_@

Carnival Phantasm > Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya ≥ Fate/Zero > Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works > Fate/Grand Order

So it is written.

If you are trying to get a job, I'm not sure Konami browses AnimeGaf?

You know, how come Fate/Illya gets you banned but Super Lovers doesn't? Is it because only DTL watches it?

Is the big reaction to super lovers only the relationship between a 16 and 24 years old? Or is there something else?

I'm asking this because MAL doesn't have a bad score for it.

I guess I could watch an episode or 2 and see for myself.

Izayoi

Banned
Prisma Illya is a masterpiece.

True facts.

Not sure how I kept up all those years ago.

Oh wait, yes I do. I was unemployed and single. :lol

Cornbread78

Is the big reaction to super lovers only the relationship between a 16 and 24 years old? Or is there something else?

I'm asking this because MAL doesn't have a bad score for it.

I guess I could watch an episode or 2 and see for myself.

Grooming and statutory rape come to mind, but I haven't watched it so I'm not sure of the premise. But hey, DTL loves it.

Written impressions of a show vs obnoxious zero content posting of gifs to show off jerk material, I'd imagine.

Exactly..

Agreed with the above.

I posted screenshots/impressions of Fate Illya when I watched it, hell one is in my AOTY post. I just wasn't dumb enough to post certain scenes from that show just like you wouldn't post certain scenes from various other shows people watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom