• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Your Name not very good then? It's been on my radar for when it eventually gets a DVD release in the UK.

Actually reception here has been pretty positive, for the people who have seen it.

We're mostly poking fun at how Shinkai told people to stop going to see the film, saying it's "not healthy" to see it, and he hopes it doesn't win an Oscar.

MAAAAN the spring season needs to come faster!!

My boy Tetsutetsu and my girl Mei are looking good!

tetsu1.jpg
mei1.jpg
itsuka1.jpg

Waiting for Shinso and Monoma.

duckroll

Actually reception here has been pretty positive, for the people who have seen it.

We're mostly poking fun at how Shinkai told people to stop going to see the film, saying it's "not healthy" to see it, and he hopes it doesn't win an Oscar.

Actually to be fair I think he was referring to how it's not healthy to keep watching the same movie over and over and obsessing over it. Presumably repeat viewings are what drives the legs.

Cornbread78

RahXephon ep.14
Orin, I am you!???

WTF is any of this? Poor Ayato is going to go into a depressive coma soon.

Go back to 4chan.
I'm all for holding your cards close to your chest and hiding mysteries, but...... they still haven't explained a single thing so far, lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
fume wo amu/great passage
someone delete this opening sequence off the face of the earth

So Yuri on Ice was a pretty fun watch overall. As sports anime go, it was pretty fairly straightforward, but I ended up finding myself really enjoying the cast. It was also refreshing to see an LGBT couple in a mainstream anime that wasn't just blatant queer-baiting. My only complain was the show putting random focus on JJ in the last couple of episodes. His arc kind of comes out of nowhere and frankly, I found it kind of distracting since he was such a tryhard.

Kenstar

You know those zoom outs are actually pretty labor intensive, since the entire figure needs to be redrawn just a bit smaller every frame to maintain constant line width. It's not a simple matter of just panning the camera back like it is for the CG background.

It's intensive for no reason as they could composite the character and simply scale it with the background, as there's no angle change or perspective shenanigans that would make a simple size reduction slider not work.
side by side of the two to see lost detail

vbixZk7.png

I mean I'm sure there's a reason they do it but my limited knowledge doesn't let me see why for a static zoom out non perspective changing shot

Cornbread78

Scrapped Princess ep.20
Yes, watch foolish and weak humans; watch us destroy your civilization from out a window...

Things are getting all out of control and awesome at the same time. Shannon-nee is in beast mode for his imouto.

So Yuri on Ice was a pretty fun watch overall. As sports anime go, it was pretty fairly straightforward, but I ended up finding myself really enjoying the cast. It was also refreshing to see an LGBT couple in a mainstream anime that wasn't just blatant queer-baiting. My only complain was the show putting random focus on JJ in the last couple of episodes. His arc kind of comes out of nowhere and frankly, I found it kind of distracting since he was such a tryhard.

JJs story had so much heart. Though...i only ended up liking him cause fanfics made him feel more likeable
and good with my fav seung gil lee

I hope the continuation focuses more on the international cast. So many good characters.

Gurren Lagann - 21

This second half was seriously lacking Yoko's presence so it's good to have her back. I was shocked when they showed what she had been up to for the past year. It was pretty touching. And Viral and Simon joining arms?! FUCK YEAH.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought I was safe....but then Great Passage dropped the opening in for a hard work montage.

Gurren Lagann - 21

This second half was seriously lacking Yoko's presence so it's good to have her back. I was shocked when they showed what she had been up to for the past year. It was pretty touching. And Viral and Simon joining arms?! FUCK YEAH.

I can't wait to link you that reaction guys video for TTGL.

You're pretty much mirroring every single reaction there and it is glorious.

Oh, lol. It's Erased's fault..

Is NTR Neo acceptable.

What does this even mean?

The first movie is out in 2 months too.

Pretty sure the anime is going to air shortly after that. It's not uncommon for the first few episodes of an anime to have a theatrical screening before their air date to my knowledge. They haven't announced when the TV series is airing, but I think it's going to be sometime in April.

The first six episodes of the show will be the prequel while the other six will be the sequel.

I can't wait to link you that reaction guys video for TTGL.

You're pretty much mirroring every single reaction there and it is glorious.
I haven't seen this but I am honestly not shocked. This stuff is great, they knew exactly what to do to draw out these emotions from the viewer.

Gurren Lagann - 22

DID GURREN LAGANN JUST COMBINE WITH THE SHIP WHILE CROSSING ITS ARMS. AND NOT ONLY THAT, YOU NOW HAVE A MECHA DRIVING A MECHA DRIVING A akshdjksjdhaskjdhakdkasjdhask

I haven't seen this but I am honestly not shocked. This stuff is great, they knew exactly what to do to draw out these emotions from the viewer.

Gurren Lagann - 22

DID GURREN LAGANN JUST COMBINE WITH THE SHIP WHILE CROSSING ITS ARMS. AND NOT ONLY THAT, YOU NOW HAVE A MECHA DRIVING A MECHA DRIVING A akshdjksjdhaskjdhakdkasjdhask

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom