• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

BoJack Horseman S2 5

I propose that °You're a loose cannon, Meow Meow Fuzzyface° be the default response to everything Narag posts.

Aki-at

Gungrave is the best mafia anime ever. Too bad about the zombies and monsters though. Lol.

You know according to the lore of the sequel those things are
actually humans fused with alien parasites who are plotting to take over the planet
by making humans addicted to drugs and becoming their new vessels.

It didn't go crazy enough!

duckroll

You know according to the lore of the sequel those things are
actually humans fused with alien parasites who are plotting to take over the planet
by making humans addicted to drugs and becoming their new vessels.

It didn't go crazy enough!

Shit we need to get Kuroda back in the room writing the second season.

I think no joke from Bojack will ever be as good as a background joke where they usually have funny names in these stores and products but with a pun to go with the show, and Bojack just had like "IKEA... But for animals!"

Izayoi

Banned
Drifters 1-6

Holy fuck. This is amazing. Sucks there are only 13 episodes, I feel there is no way to wrap this up in a satisfying way in that little time...

Damn...

Jintor

gab-chan 2

pathetic devil girl is pretty adorably pathetic but yeahhhhhhhhhh

zzzzzzzzzz

I do like that devil and gab are basically just life partners. it's like if japan read good omens, read about crowley and aziraphale, and said 'yes but with cute anime girls and otaku garbage'

StuCoPresident has saved this episode.

Ascheroth

Blue Exorcist Kyoto #2

Hmmmmm, this kinda drags. If I didn't have some attachment to it because of the manga and first season, I probably would drop this.
Let's hope we're done with set-up after this.

elDLIVE #2

I was somewhat optimistic last week, but if we go by this episode then the action/animation won't be anything great.
I caved and read the manga, so I know now what to expect. It's a decent shonen with some cool moments and some stupid ones, but I only really started to like it after the next characters are introduced, the arc starting next episode made me nearly drop the whole thing, so we'll see how it turns out in the anime.

LWA #2

This too felt a little too slow for its own good at the beginning, but this is probably partly because it's re-establishing and somewhat re-treading characters we already know about.
Second half was really good though and I like Dianas and Sucys personalities a lot more here.
The mentor-program could lead to some very interesting scenarios.

Gintama. #2

Still serious, still good, still some good laughs out of nowhere regardless.
I'm really not sure what else to comment.

Digimon Appli Monsters #15

Was good again. Some character development, a new 7 codes and next week something big is apparently happening.

Narag

Nurse Witch Komugi R 7
8uJ85pYl.jpg
flippity flap

duckroll

91 Days - Episode 2
This is truly the most unamerican looking America I've ever seen. I wonder what sort of research they did into the location when making this show. It has to be deliberate because it's not a bad looking setting at all, it's just not America! Also that's one terrible assassination attempt. Although I guess that was sort of the point.

91 Days - Episode 3
I actually found some of the details a bit hard to follow here. Am I correct in understanding that Nero's own family was casually discussing killing him just to keep the peace between families? What? The terrible assassination attempts continue. This Fango guy is like a comic character. Since the first episode he has been getting shot at every single episode and somehow he survives because everyone has C- in Accuracy. Lol.

91 Days - Episode 4
Okay LOL. What happened here. Nevermind, I know what happened. Hiro Kaburagi called Kotomi Deai and said "Yo, I'm directing this super serious mafia show and I'm already BORED, wanna come over and do a wacky semi-comedy episode with a crazy mexican killer? I'll write the script!" and she said "Okay, packing my bags now!"

Roflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was... not a good episode. But it was fucking funny! It's like someone just watched a bunch of Breaking Bad an decided to just randomly try that. Also the part of the script where Nero has to have "Goliath" explained to him as exposition was cringey as hell.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
91 Days - Episode1

Gonna get through this before voting for AOTY.

This is one weird show. I think I really like it but like, it's not a Prohibition Era mob story. I mean, I know that's what it says it is, but it's not. It's more like some fantasy alternate reality mob anime based on someone's imagination of what the Prohibition Era might have been like in a place that is clearly not America but some made up country that's a gestalt of period western countries.
Isn't this sort of what most anime mafioso stories do? Or really their take on lots of western subject material. The fantastical elements seem more like a way to not be held accountable for inaccuracies than anything. It's the same vibe Gangsta had where you lose the cultural aspect for dumb anime stuff.
I see stuff like this and it's just like..."okay bud"...

duckroll

I see stuff like this and it's just like..."okay bud"...

No this is definitely the "best" part so far:

- Supposedly somewhere in the American countryside during Prohibition
- An auto-camp site that looks more like a European gypsy gathering
- Bunch of orphans with two nuns
- Pinata

It's like they googled a bunch of shit about western culture and just gattai'd it together hard.

Cornbread78

I don't have time to watch as much animu as I would like anymore :(
What are the hot things this season?

It's about a week or two early to fully call it, but so far:

- Konosuba S2
- Blue Exorcist S2
- Little Witch Academia
- Seiren
- Fuuko
- Interviews With Monster Girls
- Tales of Zestiria the X S2
- Rakugo S2
- Scum's Wish
- Masamune-kun's Revenge
- Gintama

I don't have time to watch as much animu as I would like anymore :(

What are the hot things this season?
From what I am reading, along with what I am also watching this is what's popular:

- ACCA
- Konosuba S2
- Scum's Wish
- Rakugo S2
- Seiren
- Little Witch Academia

There's also stuff that has been ongoing since the Fall season, like Gundam IBO2 and March Comes In Like A Lion.

Clov

WTF.

I watched all 13 episodes of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu because of all the positive comments on the voting thread, but this was ALL A LIE.

There was no rakugo performance in the last episode. Bullshit. I'm so disappointed now when I thought nothing could top Sukeroku's in the penultimate ep and was expecting more.

Was Yakumo's performance of Shinigami not in the last episode? Sorry to get your hopes up, I guess I remembered it wrong. :\

Edit: Yep, the scene I was thinking of actually took place in episode 10. I'm sorry if you thought that I intentionally misled you. I didn't mean to ruin your enjoyment of an otherwise excellent series. I'll go edit my post in the voting thread as well.

Fuuka is by Kouji Seo, right? No way in hell I'm touching that :v

I usually always at least watched one or two episodes of everything that I though that could be interested but I can't do that anymore. So thanks a lot!

Gonna check the others that are not sequels that I'm already watching/planning to watch.

And DTL list is "never must watch list" for me, sorry

Cornbread78

Fuuka is by Kouji Seo, right? No way in hell I'm touching that :v
I usually always at least watched one or two episodes of everything that I though that could be interested but I can't do that anymore. So thanks a lot!
Gonna check the others that are not sequels that I'm already watching/planning to watch.
And DTL list is "never must watch list" for me, sorry

Yup, Fuuka is by Seo..... Everyone is waiting for "the twist" to happen, *sigh* I just hope I'm not spoiled by it and can enjoy the show up to that point before it needs to get burnt in a dumpster fire.

How did you already learn about the DTL list? You must be a lurker then, lol.

Well, he loves Tale of Zestiria, so that is a plus there at least. It's really well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom