• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bet being a non-asian foreigner in japan is way more interesting than my half-assed experience

Imma be real, this was the kind of shit I wanted to do here. I'm loving my time here but much of it has been without much interaction with Japanese people 1. Because I know 0 Japanese and 2. I'm hesitant to just approach people and be rude. I dunno if the businessmen started talking to me cause I'm white as fuck with red hair but it's been my favorite experience so far.

We'll see how the rest of the trip goes but I really wanna just approach a girl with colored hair and be like "Hair buddies!"

Maybe I'm just REALLY drunk tho, dammit Toyota and Keita, you guys wouldn't stop.

Jintor

Imma be real, this was the kind of shit I wanted to do here. I'm loving my time here but much of it has been without much interaction with Japanese people 1. Because I know 0 Japanese and 2. I'm hesitant to just approach people and be rude. I dunno if the businessmen started talking to me cause I'm white as fuck with red hair but it's been my favorite experience so far.

We'll see how the rest of the trip goes but I really wanna just approach a girl with colored hair and be like "Hair buddies!"

Maybe I'm just REALLY drunk tho, dammit Toyota and Keita, you guys wouldn't stop.

you're an obvious foreigner in japan. you've basically got a licence to be an obnoxious drunken friendly asshole.

C2WCu6OUsAAk-FC.jpg

Actual titty monster

Good grief, and I thought it was getting ridiculous in the manga.

Funimation to Dub élDLIVE, starting in the 26th! Guess I'm switching over. I was kind of sad seeing it not getting a dub, but funimation saved the day!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...n-to-stream-eldlive-anime-english-dub/.111186

Still it's a little sad since it remembers me that Hitman Reborn never got an eng dub :/
-------------------

Speaking of Reborn! crunchyroll has the rights to that right? Now with that funi/crunchy collab there is hope that we get those BD the Japanese are getting soon.

AHAHAHAHAHA, fuck you too Crunchyroll. A friend pointed out that this happened to him to, apparently your feedback on their service doesn't matter if you don't go to conventions.

mlddxqr.png

The first part of the email definitely didn't make that clear lol. The subject and first part of it make it sound like it's overally feedback.

Well, you didn't say what was in the email, just posted that screenshot :p

Since I got that same email, here is what it says:

It doesn't make clear that there are restrictions on who can take the survey, but it does indicate that the survey is focused on Crunchyroll events at conventions, in which case restricting the responses to people having some familiarity with conventions makes sense.

Qurupeke

Eh? No please don't drop it. Duckhyperbole. The ending is something special and the episode before that even better. Series is worth it.

I don't think duckroll is exaggerating... The show has a problem trying to find its tone. There are quite a few over the top scenes and yet it barely manages to take advantage of it and instead it has a mostly serious approach which is essentially diminished... Everything just feels off with the show, like they're trying to adapt an HBO reject. People are acting like it's supposed to be a hidden gem, but between this and its production issues, I feel that it doesn't even worth it.

Also, the finale was trying to be artistic, but the execution was bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Scrapped Princess is starting to show up on Funimation Now, but they also changed their PS3 client to be like the rest of them, slow and hard to search.

Moaradin

It was flawed but I thought it was good overall. 91 Days is pretty much what I wanted Joker Game to be. At least it was entertaining unlike that boring slog of a show.

Nurse Witch Komugi R 12 FIN

Ended up pretty amusing in the end in a sort of anti-Madoka way. All the mascots were dicks and the girls that made contracts really didn't give two shits about the magical girl part of things as they all had day jobs to worry about. Probably won't make my list but I"m glad dimb recommended itas I'd have likely never given it a chance otherwise.

A cat boy at 8 41 am? Yes please.

duckroll

91 Days - Episode 9

The animation was really fucking bad. And not in a "nothing is moving let's use stills" way but rather a bunch of scenes just simply looking unfinished. There's animation but either it's missing inbetweens or in some cases the key frames are all wrong or being floating over a background (in the first scene!) to simulate walking. Super weird. They must have dying just trying to get the episodes out on time.

I think the biggest problem with this show is that none of the drama feels convincing, real, or earned. It's just a bunch of stupid characters saying things like they mean something, but the only times the show is actually entertaining is when people do stupid ass shit and others die hard. I would say the writing shares more in common with Code Geass and Death Note than any white man show or HBO show I know. It's just over the top stuff mixed with camp mixed with pulp and then once in a long while they try to have serious character moments and it falls flat.

That Nero Godfather scene was hilarious. More like Goof Father imo.

Hmm...duckroll's top 3 games of the year are all western-developed. I'd say that this calls his weeb credentials into question, but we all already knew he likes white man TV more than anime, lol.
I knew duckroll wasn't a TRUE anime fan.

Take a look at my list: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=227681382&highlight=grand+kingdom#post227681382

ALL weeb games. Dark Souls 3 totally counts cause its a JRPG and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. I am the true anime fan. Vote Sabre in 2017! I want to wan for you!

duckroll

I'm not in the mood for "so bad it's good" style comedies at this point. Especially when I've been watching a really well done mafia anime in Bungo Stray Dogs, 91 Days sounds like a real waste of my time.

It's not "so bad it's good" though. Some of it is bad, some of it is legit funny, some of it is entertaining. I refuse to believe that the funniest scenes in the show were not intended to be over the top and stupid to incite laughter, especially given the nature of the people involved in the dying and the killing. My comparison to Higurashi is completely honest!

Hmm...duckroll's top 3 games of the year are all western-developed. I'd say that this calls his weeb credentials into question, but we all already knew he likes white man TV more than anime, lol.

Overwatch is the most anime.

Funimation to Dub élDLIVE, starting in the 26th! Guess I'm switching over. I was kind of sad seeing it not getting a dub, but funimation saved the day!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...n-to-stream-eldlive-anime-english-dub/.111186

Still it's a little sad since it remembers me that Hitman Reborn never got an eng dub :/
-------------------

Speaking of Reborn! crunchyroll has the rights to that right? Now with that funi/crunchy collab there is hope that we get those BD the Japanese are getting soon.

Viz ought to have the rights since they put it on hulu yrs ago.

Mendrox

I don't think duckroll is exaggerating... The show has a problem trying to find its tone. There are quite a few over the top scenes and yet it barely manages to take advantage of it and instead it has a mostly serious approach which is essentially diminished... Everything just feels off with the show, like they're trying to adapt an HBO reject. People are acting like it's supposed to be a hidden gem, but between this and its production issues, I feel that it doesn't even worth it.

Also, the finale was trying to be artistic, but the execution was bad.

Series had it's pacing flaws (and animation lol), but the series was still fun and one of the better ones of that season. So still worth it for fun. Also Angelo is a cool character imo.

Cornbread78

Apparently the anime fucked up and changed a lot from the game so I look forward to playing the game and getting the real story.

That's encouraging to hear! I know there is another game in the works so hopefully there is no cliffhanger ending like Trails though, lol.

That cliffhanger end of the anime was both stupid and annoying as well.

Have you played World of Final Fantasy yet?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Can anybody recommend 3-gatsu no lion?

Honey and Clover changed my life back then. Really excited about this series, but haven't heard much or I just wasn't interested in it.

Recommend if you can stand the downright bipolar tonal shifts.

It's not "so bad it's good" though. Some of it is bad, some of it is legit funny, some of it is entertaining. I refuse to believe that the funniest scenes in the show were not intended to be over the top and stupid to incite laughter, especially given the nature of the people involved in the dying and the killing. My comparison to Higurashi is completely honest!

Higurashi is "so bad it's good" if you're unable to take it seriously. I don't think Chiaki Kon is a clever or subversive enough director to have been intentionally trying to parody the source material.

duckroll

Higurashi is "so bad it's good" if you're unable to take it seriously. I don't think Chiaki Kon is a clever or subversive enough director to have been intentionally trying to parody the source material.

Errrrrrrr have you actually watched it. Like, serious question. It's not about subverting or parodying the source material. A bunch of the arcs in Higurashi are clearly not... serious serious. This is a very weird opinion.

Errrrrrrr have you actually watched it. Like, serious question. It's not about subverting or parodying the source material. A bunch of the arcs in Higurashi are clearly not... serious serious. This is a very weird opinion.

I have watched the entire Higurashi anime (even those really shitty spinoff stuff) and read the VN, yes.

Eumi

At least they're conscious that they're retreading ground because that's probably the fastest snobby rich kid turnaround you're ever gonna see.

Not much happened, but it was really relaxing. I hope every episode keeps this structure the first two had, being single problems that are concluded by the end. It suits the tone and lets us see whatever pretty thing they want to use for the payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom