• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to agree with you. I don't know from where the beef comes from? These two comments, which seems to be the root of it, seems pretty normal to me, typical "very informal discussion about media and opinions in an Internet forum", including the gratuitous hashtag.

From my observations, it's not any one specific post that's a problem but a general pattern over a long time that's been stewing for some people.

It's élDLIVE

It's the other title of mangaka Akira Amano (Hitman Reborn)

It's basically a mix of Reborn and like psycho pass with space police. It's very shonen-ish. I like it a lot.

Welp

Seriously, I remember when magical girl shows dominated discussion in this thread. It was practically on every page. If it wasn't Precure, it was Doremi. If it wasn't Sailor Moon, it was Pretty Sammy.

And Hito was always one of the big ones in terms of discussion on those shows. He had some of the most informative and well-thought-out posts on every one he watched.

Regardless of how my tastes differed from him (He DESPISED Nanoha, which I love), I really admired the passion he had, and enjoyed everything he had to say. He seemed to love posting here, not just for fun and memes, but for indulging others in a medium many adult men would normally avoid, and showed us the wonders that were inside it.

Now...he can't do that anymore. :(

My favorite era, filled with bitching and moaning about talking about quality (and QUALITY) shows and threatening to secede with a Mahou shoujo thread that never gained ground.

I still talk with everyone involved despite our oppositions. So that was fun.

3-gatsu:

Twin Star Exorcists
Thanks

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Time for everyone to have a refresher course on The Laws of Eternity.

A lot of negative energy is perspiring from this thread.

Aki-at

Oh yeah that reminds me I caught up with Konosuba over the weekend to wash down the bombasticism of Sherlock. I felt dirty by the end of it but strangely committed to watching more for some reason, like there was so many things that should have put me off yet I continued to watch it. Maybe Sherlock really did do a number on me since I binged the series directly after.

Kazuma's voice actor pretty much sells the show.

Or trying to keep all the extra parts from getting lost. I had items just fall off the hands and the occasional arm fall off.

This makes me worried about my body-kun and body-chan figures that I ordered multiple versions of both. Destroys the point using them for references if I lose such vital pieces.

Taruranto

Cats are great.
Dogs are great.

Elephants are great, too!

HKHD05v.gif

DPBZajA.jpg

Can't believe this quote is relevant after all these years.

Cornbread78

The new episode of Eureka Seven AO will unite us all again.

I think we should do a Let's Watch for this series to see just how bad they are.... They can't be that bad, right? I loved Eureka 7..

Also, SAO is the tie that binds AnimeGAF for the better!

Got a job interview tomorrow for a cushy government job.

If I get it, I'm gonna buy the Monogatari series.

Then burn it.

Just for the decadence of it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Got a job interview tomorrow for a cushy government job.

If I get it, I'm gonna buy the Monogatari series.

Then burn it.

Just for the decadence of it.

A man after my own heart. Monogatari series is a piece of shit and the author is a hack.

We must continue to fight together for a good cause!

You called me an old man dammit!
pffff

I used to love Reborn.

Then that ending happened...

I actually liked the ending even if it was rushed(which is a damn shame considering how great reborn was) and I do think the anime did end at a good spot...but I would lie a bunch if I say I did no't want to see some of the later fights of the manga animated.

I don't think duckroll is exaggerating... The show has a problem trying to find its tone. There are quite a few over the top scenes and yet it barely manages to take advantage of it and instead it has a mostly serious approach which is essentially diminished... Everything just feels off with the show, like they're trying to adapt an HBO reject. People are acting like it's supposed to be a hidden gem, but between this and its production issues, I feel that it doesn't even worth it.

Also, the finale was trying to be artistic, but the execution was bad.

I know I'm late, but I just wanted to agree with what you wrote. A big problem stemming from that issue, for me, was the over the top villain guy, what's his face, who was always laughing and had the crazy eyes. I feel like that character single handedly ruined the show for me as he detracted from the tone I had enjoyed for the first few episodes. Before he took a more prominent role.

For any of you guys that liked Utawarerumono, Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth have been confirmed for NA/EU release on PS4/Vita!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1335234

The game has to have a better ending than the anime did, right?

Oh this is cool. I enjoyed the first half of the anime before it kinda started to stumble. I'd wondered if maybe I'd have enjoyed its story more in the game's format.

Apparently the anime fucked up and changed a lot from the game so I look forward to playing the game and getting the real story.

Oh? Do you know how much was changed/what was changed? I'd be interested to know.

I actually liked the ending even if it was rushed(which is a damn shame considering how great reborn was) and I do think the anime did end at a good spot...but I would lie a bunch if I say I did no't want to see some of the later fights of the manga animated.

I think the anime ended at an okay spot, but the manga ending was one of the worst endings I've ever read. It actively shat on the previous 400+ chapters worth of development and went "just kidding".

Looking at the most popular show on funimation is half surprising/half not surprising

I'm mainly surprised to see One Piece and Dragon ball not higher.

it's also pretty different from CR's list. Here's the first page
1427499785c00cef150475db2ff396dc.jpg
50a2dd195e9298dc5e245b425fee7e36.jpg

Looking at the most popular show on funimation is half surprising/half not surprising

My roommate rewatches Kenichi and Ouran so often I am not surprised to see those shows get so high. I am personally happy to see Erased, Kenichi, Barakamon, and Cowboy Bebop so high.

Aki-at

Aww yeaaaah Trigun!, clearly this will spun Madhouse on to do another adaptation.

o0515044313847810745.jpg

Damnnit now I want her. <3

Also Yunyun, heh heh.

My wife is dying for her and they apparently teased a Darkness Nendoroid too.
Nothing shown, but the blogger for Goodsmile dropped some heavy hints.

All these cool nendoroids, if I was rich I'd buy them all!

lol my wife was going crazy when we first got her here to the U.S. and she could actually entertain the idea of a Nendoroid collection. She's since reigned herself in and set her sights on just the Nendoroids she really really wants
Which is still, like, twenty. And that's released only.

In this battle is team cap for busty or flat? It's imperative I know before I join sides.

Probably has to do with much of their audiences watching either Subtitled via Crunchy, or more likely via the TV airings. I know my best friend only watches One Piece when he catches it on Toonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom