• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon B/W Rival Destinies 46

QsMYE.jpg
FiN9X.jpg

So the spaz and his gym battle with the new water gym leader for half of the episode. Not even a full one. Just half. Wasted potential.

Theonik

I dunno, what region do you live in? I'm pretty sure you could get some of those Ghibli movies in other countries for cheaper.

Also, Hells isn't actually that good...
I already have the US version of Laputa. (probably gonna give it away/sell it after that)
Other than that the rest aren't out in other regions. (I can get the UK version of Totoro for cheap but the UK BDs are horribad that I wouldn't consider them even for the money) I guess I could drop hells but it stll seems crazy. :S I should mention that the only one I have seen between those is castle in the Sky. (the reason I am considering moving it to a JP BD is dubtitles and I wanted to give the extended soundtrack version a go)

DiGiKerot

I already have the US version of Laputa. (probably gonna give it away/sell it after that)
Other than that the rest aren't out in other regions. (I can get the UK version of Totoro for cheap but the UK BDs are horribad that I wouldn't consider them even for the money) I guess I could drop hells but it stll seems crazy. :S I should mention that the only one I have seen between those is castle in the Sky. (the reason I am considering moving it to a JP BD is dubtitles and I wanted to give the extended soundtrack version a go)

Well, go for it then. I order Japanese BDs on a monthly basis, and given how cheap all those are in comparison to most Japanese disk releases, it's not that bad.

That said, I kind of prefer the original soundtrack to Laputa to the orchestral version, but then I've always like Hisaishi's synth stuff.

Theonik

Well, go for it then. I order Japanese BDs on a monthly basis, and given how cheap all those are in comparison to most Japanese disk releases, it's not that bad.

That said, I kind of prefer the original soundtrack to Laputa to the orchestral version, but then I've always like Hisaishi's synth stuff.
I have a feeling I'll prefer the synth one in the end it's curiosity more than anything. Suppose I don't go with Laputa the would you recommend another Ghibli BD release?
Edit:
This is a very good idea. Except Hells. I don't know what that is.
Cosmic Blizzard's AOTY 2012! ( I actually wanted to check it out for a bit, was a fairly quiet release and pretty much only didn't buy it because Amazon were being dicks.)

Bakuman 3 - 14
tumblr_inline_mg6beueCG31qb9i9c.png

Good episode for Eiji and Yujiro is best editor, so many good faces and moments. I do wish we had a Road Racer Giri anime, no motorcycle anime seem to exist, I think?

New OP ( Hyadain) and New Ed (JAM Project) was alright, I think they really could have done the ED better, there was like no animation just updating a few of the panels with an old moment from season 1 or 2 and such, the OP seemed to really push the Saiko x Miho though, I hope it wasn't a spoilery OP as I dont know much beyond the next arc in the anime just as yet.

DiGiKerot

Cosmic Blizzard's AOTY 2012! ( I actually wanted to check it out for a bit, was a fairly quiet release and pretty much only didn't buy it because Amazon were being dicks.)

I love it as a piece of animation, but I find it ultimately kind of boring as a piece of narrative fiction - it's one of those cases where they dial the absurd up so high from the start that you become acclimatised to it too quickly. Since it doesn't really leave enough room ramp up higher by the end, it just starts to feel flat after a while. Doesn't really help that it's so long.

It's absolutely worth seeing if you're a fan of slick and visually creative animation, though.

Theonik

A 100 pages in what, less than a week? Good job guys.
We must have OT4!!!

I love it as a piece of animation, but I find it ultimately kind of boring as a piece of narrative fiction - it's one of those cases where they dial the absurd up so high from the start that you become acclimatised to it too quickly. Since it doesn't really leave enough room ramp up higher by the end, it just starts to feel flat after a while. Doesn't really help that it's so long.

It's absolutely worth seeing if you're a fan of slick and visually creative animation, though.
Impressions here indicated as much though it was never painted as something bad, just somewhat flawed hence why I stll wanted to check it out. (it's pretty cheap too) haven't pulled the trigger on any of them yet so I want to decide what to get.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 35

A 3rd class goddess challenge doesn't exactly seem like the most intimidating challenge in the world. A tickling contest between angels, a whack-a-mole contest, and playing darts with meteors (okay, that one's pretty dangerous, but what a dumb way to use them). Yeah, it isn't exactly an epic battle of wills or a fight to the death.

But swimsuits made the episode worth it. What can I say?

Kazzy

Other than that the rest aren't out in other regions.(I can get the UK version of Totoro for cheap but the UK BDs are horribad that I wouldn't consider them even for the money)

Are they? I was not aware of this.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor moon 30

Zoicite finds another person with a crystal. Its
Rei's grandfather
. Zoicite tries to take the crystal but he fights him back LIKE A BOSS.
A young man named Yuuichiro works at the shrine where Rei and her grandfather live. He has the hots for Rei. I tell you what, the guy has great taste in women!
Usagi comes up with a plan to hook them up by using the transformation pen. She's an abuser of power. Of course, it doesn't work, and Rei sees straight through it because she isn't an idiot. She gets pissed off at Usagi. Usagi runs home crying and comes up with the idea to bring some sweet bean pastries to Rei to make up. Later, Zoicite tries again,
this time successfully retrieving the crystal and turning Rei's grandpa into a youma
. Rei runs away along with Yuuichiro but the youma catches up with them, knocking out Yuuichiro who was trying to defend her, and cornering Rei. Then Usagi does one of the first useful things I've seen her do and throws a rock to distract the youma. This gives Sailor moon time to transform and Rei places a seal on the youma so she can do Moon healing escalation. Meanwhile, Ami and Makoto try to come up with a plan to get Rei and Usagi back as friends, because they are sweethearts like that.
Usagi, yuuichiro, and Rei eat the red bean cakes and Rei gives yuuichiro a cute peck on the cheek for being protective of her. That lucky fucker.
It seems that Yuuichiro and Rei might have something. How adorable.
I still say he's just a lucky fucker

Kazzy

What?

I haven't checked about Totoro specifically but all previous ones had very heavy DNR applied to them, wrong colours and yellow subs. There is no reason to believe Totoro is any better?

What? I own a couple and I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. I know without checking that the sub thing isn't true, and as for the other complaint, unless that refers to an in depth technical issue that I'm unlikely to pick out on sight, I'm willing to vouch for that. All I can really say is that from what I have watched, I don't have any complaints. Maybe I'm not the most discerning when it comes to those particular issues, but I'd like to think that I could at least notice when the picture has been significantly compromised.

This is the first time I've heard of such complaints, though. So if you can link me to the evidence, then I'll happily defer to you!

sudden avatar change

Glass houses...

Steroyd

Oreshura - 01

Wow that first half must have been the most sleep inducing, insipid, boring haremshit since the last sleep inducing, insipid, boring haremshit.

And then the second half gave life, basically the main character gets Touka'd from his chuunibuyo days, keep up the trolling and the lol childhood friend NTR and this will be a fun show to watch.

PHWdM.png

Speaking of Touka, CHOKER FAIL

Jojo - 13

r8Aak.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I guess I'm a chubby chaser now. And I thought having the letters BBW in my name was bad.

And to preempt kayos asking what BBW is, just look up Princess Rosalina.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So I guess I'm a chubby chaser now. And I thought having the letters BBW in my name was bad.

And to preempt kayos asking what BBW is, just look up Princess Rosalina.

I kinda always figured you were!

/XX/

Don't tell me that you... man, resist to cave in on FATALPULSE 'NTR' provoking... impulses. It can be no good because there is no return from that dark side.

This goes specially for the recent ones... what the characters of Girls und Panzer did to deserve that? Oh, boy...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 13

I missed this show so much. Only Jojo could be capable of making me
feel empathy for a Nazi
!

We are back to very little animation and lots of still, but the editing work makes it flow really well. Also, the music was great, especially during the stairway sequence!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Don't tell me that you... man, resist to cave in on FATALPULSE 'NTR' provoking... impulses. It can be no good because there is no return from that dark side.

This goes specially for the recent ones... what the characters of Girls und Panzer did to deserve that?
And yet nothing comes nearly as close to fucked up as what they did to the Gurren Lagann cast. :(

Ultimadrago

This goes specially for the recent ones... what the characters of Girls und Panzer did to deserve that? Oh, boy...

Between this and something else, Sugu sure does like
pulling pranks on Kirito while he's in bed
!

Theonik

What? I own a couple and I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. I know without checking that the sub thing isn't true, and as for the other complaint, unless that refers to an in depth technical issue that I'm unlikely to pick out on sight, I'm willing to vouch for that.
Talking about this for example. And Nausicaa at least had yellow subs. Or mustard yellow if you prefer that. There was a better screenshot comparison that showed the differences but I can't find it. (seems to be gone)

Syrinx

Sailor moon 30

Zoicite finds another person with a crystal. Its
Rei's grandfather
. Zoicite tries to take the crystal but he fights him back LIKE A BOSS.
A young man named Yuuichiro works at the shrine where Rei and her grandfather live. He has the hots for Rei. I tell you what, the guy has great taste in women!
Usagi comes up with a plan to hook them up by using the transformation pen. She's an abuser of power. Of course, it doesn't work, and Rei sees straight through it because she isn't an idiot. She gets pissed off at Usagi. Usagi runs home crying and comes up with the idea to bring some sweet bean pastries to Rei to make up. Later, Zoicite tries again,
this time successfully retrieving the crystal and turning Rei's grandpa into a youma
. Rei runs away along with Yuuichiro but the youma catches up with them, knocking out Yuuichiro who was trying to defend her, and cornering Rei. Then Usagi does one of the first useful things I've seen her do and throws a rock to distract the youma. This gives Sailor moon time to transform and Rei places a seal on the youma so she can do Moon healing escalation. Meanwhile, Ami and Makoto try to come up with a plan to get Rei and Usagi back as friends, because they are sweethearts like that.
Usagi, yuuichiro, and Rei eat the red bean cakes and Rei gives yuuichiro a cute peck on the cheek for being protective of her. That lucky fucker.
It seems that Yuuichiro and Rei might have something. How adorable.
I still say he's just a lucky fucker

This was one of my biggest facepalm moments. Usagi is such a dumbass lol.

DiGiKerot

OMG

I got to have it... but painting it going to be painful :(

The paint going to be more expensive than the figure.

That's a prototype - the released version will be in colour ^^;

Hang on, that model comes with a replacement turret with an oversized hatch for the Platz 1:35 scale Ausf. D kit? That's kind of awesome.

Kazzy

Talking about this for example. And Nausicaa at least had yellow subs. Or mustard yellow if you prefer that. There was a better screenshot comparison that showed the differences but I can't find it. (seems to be gone)

Hm, and there I was thinking that the days of having to see who had the "best" version were gone. It's never simple!

Fairy Tail 163
tumblr_mg63b9xvyN1r60zuio2_250.gif
tumblr_mg63b9xvyN1r60zuio3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mg63b9xvyN1r60zuio8_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mg63b9xvyN1r60zuio11_r1_250.gif

I know Im a Fairy Tail evangelist, but even it doesnt fail to have some cringe worthy moments to me, the first 13 minutes was just awful as its basically swimsuit model -> various fetish modeling for all the female characters serving really no point to the plot, I didnt like it in the manga and thought it couldnt get worst than than that. Easily the worst episode fairy tails had.
worst they even tried to do lyon x juvia, gray x juvia, natsu x lisanna, natsu x lucy, levy x gajeel
Suit natsu was alright.

Next episodes fight looks fun.

Syrinx

On the upside, I'm pretty sure Sailor Venus is going to show up really soon.
I don't know exactly which episode but it was the 30's.

Yeah you'll definitely see her soon. She and Usagi actually make a pretty good pair.

Edit: Even better, you're also getting Artemis soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom