• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OreShura 01

mB7Qf.jpg
xhOVL.jpg

So first half was painfully boring. Like terrible. No energy whatsoever.

Second half got better mostly with the little effects they used near the end. There was more energy which was nice. As long as they keep up this energy I'll probably keep watching.

trejo

Cuticle Detective Inaba 1

One episode in and the bad guys are already infinitely more entertaining than the main protagonists.

Could be a fun time waster.

cajunator

Banned
...WHO HAS THIS SORT OF DISPOSABLE INCOME?!

I could pay for it right now, but no figurine is worth that kind of money. Especially not one that really isnt that detailed. Not when I just bought an amazing Madoka figure that is a foot high for $140 bucks. Sometimes its not a matter of being able to afford something, its just not worth that kind of money. I(f it was osme kind of mind bendingly detailed incredibly designed figure and super rare it might be worth that much, but its a simple Holo being happy and cute. Nice, but not THAT nice.

Syrinx

I could pay for it right now, but no figurine is worth that kind of money. Especially not one that really isnt that detailed. Not when I just bought an amazing Madoka figure that is a foot high for $140 bucks. Sometimes its not a matter of being able to afford something, its just not worth that kind of money. I(f it was osme kind of mind bendingly detailed incredibly designed figure and super rare it might be worth that much, but its a simple Holo being happy and cute. Nice, but not THAT nice.

Kinda what I meant. It's not so much "Could I buy this at that price?" so much as "Why would I buy this at this price?"

cajunator

Banned
Kinda what I meant. It's not so much "Could I buy this at that price?" so much as "Why would I buy this at this price?"

Yeah pretty much. I saw a super rare resin CCS model on ebay just now for $1,500. I guess if you REALLY want something...

Was this shown yet? Well whatever, I'm sure there are people here who haven't seen it yet.
gOPGr.jpg

fpH41.jpg

Must have it!

Yeah I saw that in the other thread. Impressive.

Man and I thought there wasn't a Kirino picture more terrying than

C2mnVl.png

there still isnt one that scary.
Why didn't the Jets fire Rex Ryan by the way?

DiGiKerot

What scale are these?
I might go digging for some K-On figurines for my collection. Probably priced through the roof.

Well, those two which RurouniZel just got were prize figures - the Azusa sold for about 2000y, and the Mio for 1800y when they both initially released.

Banpresto released a crap-ton of K-On prize figures, and have a bunch more solicited, but the quality on them is an unbelievably mixed bag. I mean, this Ritsu looks pretty terrible, but I've seen the London-series figures in person before and those look fine.

cajunator

Banned
I'm still waiting for Kuroneko pony. It must exist out there somewhere!

There was one posted. It wasn't half bad either. I'm sure someone still has that picture. I probably saved it too.

Well, those two which RurouniZel just got were prize figures - the Azusa sold for about 2000y, and the Mio for 1800y when they both initially released.

Banpresto released a crap-ton of K-On prize figures, and have a bunch more solicited, but the quality on them is an unbelievably mixed bag. I mean, this Ritsu looks pretty terrible, but I've seen the London-series figures in person before and those look fine.

Yeah but I like the larger more detailed figures. Personal preference I suppose.
The little ones just get lost in my shelf junk.

cajunator

Banned
Hum that's a lot ..rarity doesn't escuse everything

Makes me wonder how much Ultimate Madoka figures will sell for when that goes out of print.
I barely fit her inside my Curio. Somehow there is just enough room for the other 4 Madoka girls on the sides. She was well worth it though. Probably the most impressive figure I have ever seen. Gorgeous.

When the hell will I get a chance to watch those Madoka movies anyway? I guess Louisiana doesnt exist to Shaft :(

DiGiKerot

Buy the way, if anyone has got a few hundred spare, I could totally go for the Brilliant Stage Ritsuko figure. Kicking myself for not buying that when it first came out, because it's pretty much the only larger scale Ritsuko figure they're released.

I haven't seen this before. Looks good!
It's not my absolute favorite character, but it comes with a tank! I must have it.

I have that Ritsu, and it's not that bad really. The Mio one that goes with it is better though. But yeah, the prize figures are a mixed bag, but I like them mostly for the more unique costumes they wear, as the bigger models tend to just be the school uniform or the first festival stage outfits.

Go_Ly_Dow

Freeter Ie wo Kau 1
Why can't I hold all these feels?

I know man, the first episode was so awesome.

I did not expect this show to be like this, damn.

The feels never stop. It's a really lovely show.

I know a few have told me they will check it out someday and I hope your positive impressions pushes them in to actually doing it!

Is there ANOTHER stupid imouto anime this season? Don't they run out of this stuff?

Sadly, there be a market for them :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I never liked Kirino pony (well I'm not overly fond of ponies in general), the shade of her skin makes her look oddly naked.

DiGiKerot

I have that Ritsu, and it's not that bad really. The Mio one that goes with it is better though. But yeah, the prize figures are a mixed bag, but I like them mostly for the more unique costumes they wear, as the bigger models tend to just be the school uniform or the first festival stage outfits.

Yeah, I'm pretty fond of prize figures for that reason myself - aside from the cost, you always get some nice costume variance, as well as a bunch of weird characters who'd might not get figures at higher prices. I always enjoy trawling the Railgun/Index prize figures when I'm at a events, because I always end up seeing something I didn't know existed. Picked up a really nice Haruhi-movie Nagato prize figure a couple of weeks ago, too.

oooh thats nice! Is there anything good for Takane?

They released a Brilliant Stage Takane to tie in with iM@S SP a while back. All the good iM@S figures are the Brilliant Stage ones.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 34 (I think)

I think Peorth's supervisor may want to have a word with her. She's...kind of fucking up everything. And on top of that, she's being mean to Belldandy.

Keiichi's existence is quite a miserable one sometimes. Becoming a tornado would totally suck ass. Sure you could blow up girls skirts. But on the other hand, you're fucking wind. This show can be quite ridiculous with the situations it puts Keiichi in, but it's still pretty funny all the same.

Speaking of ridiculous, Peorth is the latest example of somebody using Urd's potions without the proper expertise. The result is everybody falling in love with Keiichi. Including his sister. Ho man that has to be the worst thing in the world. On the other hand, Urd is in love with him, which kinda rocks. But then Belldandy saves the day again. Somehow. I don't really know how that works. Urd then punishes Peorth by making her fall in love with some weird statue. Urd is objectively the best character in this show.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My friend (the one I usually mention for having bad taste) bought some mini K-Ons while he was in Japan during the summer so I guess I should give him some props for that.

Of course I then asked him to rank the K-Ons and his usual taste crept through. C'mon son, Azu-nyan at number one and Ritsu and number five. That ain't logical.

Yeah, I'm pretty fond of prize figures for that reason myself - aside from the cost, you always get some nice costume variance, as well as a bunch of weird characters who'd might not get figures at higher prices. I always enjoy trawling the Railgun/Index prize figures when I'm at a events, because I always end up seeing something I didn't know existed. Picked up a really nice Haruhi-movie Nagato prize figure a couple of weeks ago, too.
Yeah it's probably the only way to find some of the lesser known characters.
My friend (the one I usually mention for having bad taste) bought some mini K-Ons while he was in Japan during the summer so I guess I should give him some props for that.

Of course I then asked him to rank the K-Ons and his usual taste crept through. C'mon son, Azu-nyan at number one and Ritsu and number five. That ain't logical.

I'd like to see these.

Fuck yeah bring on the second season.

B2ICe.png
This was the line...
Man and I thought there wasn't a Kirino picture more terrying than

C2mnVl.png
... and we've crossed it.

Your friend has terrible taste. Ritsu is far and away number 1. Yui might fall last. Some might say Mugi, but she provides the delicious food and baller Summer retreats.

From the New World 14
tumblr_mg5c0dVVUn1rkmjjzo1_500.gif

I guess as a Satoru fan and being teased or please several episodes ago, without
Shun and now Momuru
, I guess he just cant get as many scenes as Saki has, or for that matter many
yaoi scenes like she gets yuri scenes
, which I guess is a bit saddening.

Alright episode with interesting developments picking up way late. Kind of disagree with all the ethics of the village or the Japan archipelago. But I guess it is what it is. Shocking moment
the age of the lady and the telomere stuff

cajunator

Banned
Oh yeah, I think Hito was trying to get me to draw that.

I found it
2aU63l.jpg

They released a Brilliant Stage Takane to tie in with iM@S SP a while back. All the good iM@S figures are the Brilliant Stage ones.

OHHHH MY GOD.
I have to have this.
I HAVE TO HAVE THIS.

Yeah, thats an awful ranking. Complete and utter failure.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yes I agree!
C'mon son.

Yui might fall last.
C'mon son.

I'd like to see these.
He's very private and thus he's already deleted the picture of them from his photo account. Not that I would have posted it but I could have at least seen what they were since they were still in their boxes.

From what I remember they were small and were wearing school uniform. On and you could tell who was in the box so it wasn't one of those mystery collectable things.

He's very private and thus he's already deleted the picture of them from his photo account. Not that I would have posted it but I could have at least seen what they were since they were still in their boxes.

From what I remember they were small and were wearing school uniform. On and you could tell who was in the box so it wasn't one of those mystery collectable things.

That doesn't really narrow it down much. lol
I'm guessing they're not the mini nendoroids, as you'd probably guess that. I guess I'll bug you later about it.

DiGiKerot

OHHHH MY GOD.
I have to have this.
I HAVE TO HAVE THIS.

Yeah, pretty much all those Brilliant Stage iM@S figures are great. There's even a Kotori one as well!

The sad thing is that the only larger-scale iM@S figures I've got are a fairly poor Revoltech Haruhi I found for cheap, and a Xenglossia swimsuit Iori I somehow found in a shop just last year (bear in mind, I'm the minority that freakings love Xenoglossia).

I would say its batshit insane actually.

This is the only K-On I have on display:

And it's not even the only Petite Nendo K-On I have. Ritsu is the best K-On.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, pretty much all those Brilliant Stage iM@S figures are great. There's even a Kotori one as well!

The sad thing is that the only larger-scale iM@S figures I've got are a fairly poor Revoltech Haruhi I found for cheap, and a Xenglossia swimsuit Iori I somehow found in a shop just last year (bear in mind, I'm the minority that freakings love Xenoglossia).

This is the only K-On I have on display:

And it's not even the only Petite Nendo K-On I have. Ritsu is the best K-On.

You are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom