• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well duh. She's obviously worth more than Azu-nyan.

kVv5u.gif

Narag

K-ON! 6

zXhi2l.jpg

Little interstitial scenes like this were a guilty pleasure of mine when watching Nichijou. Glad they're present here.

pYPNbl.jpg

Tragically, the concert never took place as Yui's hand was severed in a bizarre air guitar accident.

That was pretty neat. Nice to see Mio get over her stage fright for a bit. Pseudo-music video was cool too. I really like the chemistry between Yui & Ritsu too. It's like they've known each other all their lives!

K-ON! 6

That was pretty neat. Nice to see Mio get over her stage fright for a bit. Pseudo-music video was cool too. I really like the chemistry between Yui & Ritsu too. It's like they've known each other all their lives!

One of my favorite episodes of the first season. It's just so fun.

cajunator

Banned

All you have to do is watch the US version and you'll never have to hear it again! :D
:(

So far I haven't really seen any rhyme or reason to releases with special features though. It just seems so arbitrary.

I know. Remember Galaxy angel? That silly simple show came with pencil boards and figurines. Other far more serious shows had an artbox and maybe a keychain or something. It was weird seeing all the different additions added to anime. Tshirts, papercraft ships, gashapon figures, pencilboards, postcards, panties..I guess whatever a company can get their hands on to promote it.

Delicious. What is that from? I love how her body sorta bounces and squishes, especially in the middle. Plus - seeing a swimsuit under shorts is just <3

Did you see my impressions after the show? Unfortunately I don't think the story holds up anymore, but the pacing, presentation, and soundtrack definitely do. I've had the main theme stuck in my head for a day or two now. So good.

...for sex, right?

No, for stability silly!
yeah it was definitely a sex joke

They're cute too!

What scale are these?
I might go digging for some K-On figurines for my collection. Probably priced through the roof.

Kazzy

Little interstitial scenes like this were a guilty pleasure of mine when watching Nichijou. Glad they're present here.

Nothing wrong with that, and it's something I really appreciate too. That's KyoAni doing what they do best!

All you have to do is watch the US version and you'll never have to hear it again! :D

Really!? That's too bad, I feel like that omission could potentially ruin a great introduction to the Russian team.

cajunator

Banned
Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan 01

So I guess this is my first foray into the Winter season stuff.
For a flash animation, this is not bad. Its like an infomercial about Osaka culture or some sort of public service announcement about Osakan language. Kind of neat. Its a very simple but effective concept and put in the context of 3 minute shorts, it works.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is there ANOTHER stupid imouto anime this season? Don't they run out of this stuff?

Look at how we rattled off titles in the previous threads. These shows write themselves (and there are rumours that one university is testing AI by making a computer write an imouto light story so soon they will literally write themselves).

Fairy tail 163
well the team adapating fairy tail in anime sure has clever ideas to gain time now that they're so close to the manga.. so instead of doing 2 matches per episode , they're gonna add fillers within the episodes!!

Clever

Well i say clever because they went full fanservice route ( i can't post NFSW pictures ) and so cool situations .. it was nice to watch and then ...

Fairy%20Tail%20-%20163%20-%2001.jpg
Fairy%20Tail%20-%20163%20-%2002.jpg

Fairy%20Tail%20-%20163%20-%2003.jpg
Fairy%20Tail%20-%20163%20-%2004.jpg

What the hell ?? That's worse than the "perfume guy" gags ..it was totally not needed

it wasn't a bad episode ..really but that kind of *sspull should never happen again ..

And then again these kind of fillers are better than ridiculous & stupid arcs that drag-on for forever.
R_THANATOS FAIRY TAIL ENJOYMENT : 7 Fairies/10

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, what's the point of clearing the blocks if they are transparent? Isn't the whole point of these lewd clones like Gals Panic to clear the board for your reward.

cajunator

Banned
Wait, what's the point of clearing the blocks if they are transparent? Isn't the whole point of these lewd clones like Gals Panic to clear the board for your reward.

If you look carefully, you can see that he has already uncovered a couple of layers. You can see the beginning of the undergarments layer being uncovered as well as bare skin.

Soma

OreShura Episode 01
PZfSS.jpg

Pretty much the only reason I'm bothering with this.

Yeah this show will probably be my guilty pleasure of the season. The first half was boring and nothing really stands out but I like Masuzu AKA Senjougahara-lite. The manga was entertaining enough for me so I'll stick with this for the time being.

What scale are these?
I might go digging for some K-On figurines for my collection. Probably priced through the roof.
They're prize figures. They're not to scale.
There was one prize figure that was being discounted like crazy a few months ago, but obviously by the time I could have gotten to it, it was already sold out at that shop. They don't seem to get too expensive, the highest probably being the one of them in there first ED costumes that were from the KyoAni store.
Nothing wrong with that, and it's something I really appreciate too. That's KyoAni doing what they do best!
They're really good at backgrounds. I like the little references they stick into backgrounds that call back to earlier episodes.
Really!? That's too bad, I feel like that omission could potentially ruin a great introduction to the Russian team.
Could?
Is there ANOTHER stupid imouto anime this season? Don't they run out of this stuff?
WMIkp.png

cajunator

Banned
OreShura Episode 01

Yeah this show will probably be my guilty pleasure of the season. The first half was boring and nothing really stands out but I like Masuzu AKA Senjougahara-lite. The manga was entertaining enough for me so I'll stick with this for the time being.

Is Masuzu the name of this silver haired beauty?
If you're comparing her in any way to Senjou, she had better be amazing.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Is Masuzu the name of this silver haired beauty?
If you're comparing her in any way to Senjou, she had better be amazing.

going by the manga
there's really no comparison between the two, Masuzu is just the bogstandard manipulative girl archetype.

cajunator

Banned
They're prize figures. They're not to scale.
There was one prize figure that was being discounted like crazy a few months ago, but obviously by the time I could have gotten to it, it was already sold out at that shop. They don't seem to get too expensive, the highest probably being the one of them in there first ED costumes that were from the KyoAni store.

They're really good at backgrounds. I like the little references they stick into backgrounds that call back to earlier episodes.

Could?

WMIkp.png

Well, I am sort of after them in those ED outfits. I have already acknowledged it will be expensive.
I might also go this route: http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-On-Yui-Hi...809?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589a84aae1

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The last few pages of this thread are really embarrassing just to read and are genuinely awful.
Watched Hyouka episode 2, I can't say I find it interesting yet.. but I figure it'll become more interesting henceforth? I'll try a couple more episodes.
It's a shame the characters aren't more realistic, though.

Incidentally, the episode ended with a piece of music I found immensely familiar but couldn't put my finger on where I've previously heard it. Anyone care to help?

Fake edit: It's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KweXColOsgQ
Must have heard it in Civ5.
I would be interested to know what aspects it is that makes you feel as though the characters aren't very realistic. I actually think that's one of the things handled well by the series with the atmosphere the show sets up. It all feels...very normal.

I had a fairly great disliking for the series when I watched the first few episodes originally, but I'm surprised how differently I feel coming back to those episodes having finished the series. It's the characters and the examination of their thoughts and feelings that carries Hyouka. Following the emotional changes of the cast rather than focusing on the protracted and often hidden main plot is probably what changed my outlook on those earlier episodes.

Initial D fifth Stage -04

Man i expected a revenge battle but it seems that takumi is reallly something else .

Well i could explain why this episode is great despite them spending some time explaining why schoolgirls skirts are too short ( really ) but i won't because this episode was still great.
Initial%20D%20Fifth%20Stage%20-%2004.jpg

No i really can't

Well the initial D music is still something else ..so hard to do better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom