• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Hm, and there I was thinking that the days of having to see who had the "best" version were gone. It's never simple!
Well with ghibli releases it's simple enough. JP=HK(later is region locked though)>US>>EU, this has held true so far to my knowledge. Though the UK ones, in Nausicaa's case do edge the US ones in special features.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Fairy Tail 163
tumblr_mg63b9xvyN1r60zuio2_250.gif
tumblr_mg63b9xvyN1r60zuio3_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mg63b9xvyN1r60zuio8_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mg63b9xvyN1r60zuio11_r1_250.gif

I know Im a Fairy Tail evangelist, but even it doesnt fail to have some cringe worthy moments to me, the first 13 minutes was just awful as its basically swimsuit model -> various fetish modeling for all the female characters serving really no point to the plot, I didnt like it in the manga and thought it couldnt get worst than than that. Easily the worst episode fairy tails had.
worst they even tried to do lyon x juvia, gray x juvia, natsu x lisanna, natsu x lucy, levy x gajeel
Suit natsu was alright.

Next episodes fight looks fun.

Sweet heavens. Should I be watching this?

The last few pages of this thread are really embarrassing just to read and are genuinely awful.

I would be interested to know what aspects it is that makes you feel as though the characters aren't very realistic. I actually think that's one of the things handled well by the series with the atmosphere the show sets up. It all feels...very normal.

I had a fairly great disliking for the series when I watched the first few episodes originally, but I'm surprised how differently I feel coming back to those episodes having finished the series. It's the characters and the examination of their thoughts and feelings that carries Hyouka. Following the emotional changes of the cast rather than focusing on the protracted and often hidden main plot is probably what changed my outlook on those earlier episodes.
I guess it might be what everyone else has said about the show after finishing it that helped this, but I am pretty much in agreeance with your refreshed thoughts on the show so far. As something of a SoL show, it has some pretty grounded main characters. None of them seem to be one note or I have a feeling that they won't be as the show progresses like with Chitanda. I would even say the writing and direction are solid 6 episodes in with what I think is a pretty compelling main character and barely any pandering (obligatory bath house as the next episode will probably change that part).

It's refreshing and certainly one of the main reasons why I am liking this show so much so far even with weaker episodes like episode 6. I dunno I don't really find it that boring at all right now.

Syrinx

Girls und Panzer 4

Fuck that team that just bailed. Wimps. And fuck that Student Council team. Who the fuck is their gunner? Is it that girl with the stupid half-glasses? Get her ass out of the gunner's seat. Goddamn she's horrible. How do you miss a point-blank shot like that?

That was some...bizarre dance they were doing. That wasn't what I was expecting. And not in a good way.

Oh no, Hana's mother, your daughter hasn't committed her life to doing flower arrangements? You're right, that's a completely valid reason to disown her. Perfectly rational and reasoned response. Son of a bitch!

Sweet heavens. Should I be watching this?

The fanservice in Fairy Tail alone is directly responsible for an increase in Otakudom of young boys by over 30% since its beginning.
Also it became even more dangerous over time as the clothes on the characters were reduced 60% to only 10% covered skin.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
B-b-but Jenny and Cana... they call to me. ;_;

Nevermind, the resounding 'no' tells it all. Good looking out everyone.

Whenever I pick it back up again, I'll take screengrabs of whoever you want like I was doing for cajun with Juvia. My loss is your gain!

Uchip

Banned
The fanservice in Fairy Tail alone is directly responsible for an increase in Otakudom of young boys by over 30% since its beginning.
Also it became even more dangerous over time as the clothes on the characters were reduced 60% to only 20% covering.

its not even good fanservice since there is basically 0 animation in Fairy Tail

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I set my phone lock screen to a boob for a day. It was from that girl from The Big Bang Theory. My friend set it to the other one so when you put them together is was a full set.

Articalys

AKB0048 14 (Next Stage 1)

We're back in action, and what a season opener to get things going.

Looks like we've finally got our glimpse at the overall villain, Chieri's father.

edit: I just learned that
Chieri's dad
is voiced by Sho Hayami, the voice of Aizen and Tokiomi Tohsaka. I am now anticipating this season even more than before.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Poyopoyo 52

That was cute. I give it three marus out of five. Season two when?

...guys? There's gonna be a season two right? I can't live without Roundcats. :(

A lot of this episode was filler.

Though really, no idea why you'd think they were turning it down. It's become part of Mashima's identity at this point.

I like it. You won't.

well, i don't think there's been any boob jiggle for at least 20-50 eps of Fairy Tail... but that might just be budget lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom