• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Freeter Ie Wo Kau 4

Wow, these neighbours are such assholes for bullying the mom for such a petty reason. And that ending :( :( Stay strong Seiji

I like the little lead in they do with the OP. It creates some good scenes.

Cardfight!! Vanguard 23 - 24
tumblr_mfift5YSjV1re3o6ro1_500.jpg

I think I really like Cardfight!! Vanguard, its really enjoyable and kind of refreshing for a more realistic take on trading card games, hope I dont lose anime fan reputation points for saying it, but probably will end up in my favorite 25 anime list. Anyway Ren is actually pretty cool even if his personality needs works, that exhibition match was fun. I wonder why someone would use an all female deck however that three girl combo was actually pretty intense for such a theme, need to boot up tag force yugioh and see if any such character had a similar theme.

24 was emotional as it hit pretty close to home
didnt think theyd have a really sad and emotional story on parental death in this anime, misaki, and grief, hope she can overcome it, even if its been years later, pretty tough

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
OreShura 1

P5x0n.jpg

I don't even

This is terrible. I still think the girls' designs are pretty nice, but that's it. There was absolutely nothing entertaining about this episode.

The MC is basically a male Shizuku (he looks down on people who think about love because he's a huge nerd). If that wasn't crappy enough, his shittiness is aggravated by the fact that he walks around with his incredibly boring osananajimi, who suffers from some kind of Luffy Syndrome. The guy attracts the attention of a super mysterious and loved student who thinks she's Senjougahara, and ends up forced to become her fake boyfriend because she wants to stop being bothered by random confessions in school.

And then in the final scene you see Ms. Osananajimi running toward forced drama after learning that her platonic lover ended up getting a girlfriend.

I'm out.

rurouni kenshin 2012 ova 2

Yea... pretty loose adaption of the source material. Fights still kinda look awful and are very infrequent. No clue who's the audience this is for... I'm pretty sure I loved kenshin back in the day when it was on cartoon network cuz of the awesome sword fights, not really for the period drama.

iVqzc7da9mpO7.gif

At least we now get zombie shishio.

in short, this OVA series sucked. Shishio didn't even die by Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki.

Syrinx

Girls und Panzer 5

It's kinda surprising that the tank matches really are the highlight of this show. The match with Sanders is pretty exciting so far. Props to the captain for discovering their dirty little trick. Though Yukari wasn't exactly playing clean either.

What's this Episode 5.5 business?

Kazzy

Girls und Panzer 5

It's kinda surprising that the tank matches really are the highlight of this show. The match with Sanders is pretty exciting so far. Props to the captain for discovering their dirty little trick. Though Yukari wasn't exactly playing clean either.

What's this Episode 5.5 business?

It's purely a recap episode, you should skip it.

Noirulus

OreShura 1

This is terrible. I still think the girls' designs are pretty nice, but that's it. There was absolutely nothing entertaining about this episode.

The MC is basically a male Shizuku (he looks down on people who think about love because he's a huge nerd). If that wasn't crappy enough, his shittiness is aggravated by the fact that he walks around with his incredibly boring osananajimi, who suffers from some kind of Luffy Syndrome. The guy attracts the attention of a super mysterious and loved student who thinks she's Senjougahara, and ends up forced to become her fake boyfriend because she wants to stop being bothered by random confessions in school.

And then in the final scene you see Ms. Osananajimi running toward forced drama after learning that her platonic lover ended up getting a girlfriend.

I'm out.

Should've seen it coming from the synopsis, mang. At least we have confirmation now.

DiGiKerot

A recap episode? Right in the middle of a tank match? That's rather odd timing and placement.

Episode 6 is so amazing that the production ran late. Or something.

In any case, 5.5 was pretty much just thrown together quickly to fill out an unintended gap in the broadcast schedule.

Nekomonogatari was awesome. Hanekawa's bra in episode 3 was top tier. I need a figure of her in that outfit.

And thanks Brazil. I was just about to check out OreShura but you have spared me the pain =)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Girls und Panzer OVA 1

This short is making some serious arguments as to why I should leave Fluffy Hair-chan camp for Redhead-camp!

Go_Ly_Dow

Freeter Ie Wo Kau 4

Wow, these neighbours are such assholes for bullying the mom for such a petty reason. And that ending :( :( Stay strong Seiji

I like the little lead in they do with the OP. It creates some good scenes.

Yeah, I love the insert song too!

I love the ED and the visuals showing memorable parts of the episode inside the photographs. It definitely makes you reflect on the episode.

Freeter ED

Metrotab

Banned
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 S2 - 12

Time for the Louise-Saji conflict. Also, I can't help but snicker when the announcer goes full ham on the phrase 'True Spirit of a GUNDAM MEISTER'.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So did Psycho-Pass end up going full stupid mode in the end? I stopped watching after episode 4 but was considering coming back.
The last three episodes were actually pretty great! Less dumb mystery solving, more creepy mood and fucked up shit. It's actually a very entertaining show if you don't approach it as a cop serial or whatever.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II (ep 2)
tumblr_mg6l2i3RWu1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Poor Kyon having to suffer even moreso for the computer club.
Is this genre shifting, i thought itd be a highschool club hijinks type comedy like sket dance etc, not actually go serious aliens? Cool if so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom