• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

jinrui - 07

Had a really hard time finishing this episode. Repeated content didn't manage to be compelling, was just repetitive instead. Pushing on.

Milamber

Minami-ke Tadaima 01

dxQqv.jpg
2gTyl.jpg

Completely forgot this is out. Yay Evil Chiaki!

survivor

Banned
Freeter Ie Wo Kau 5

Stop toying with my emotions. I was all crying and sad and then bam, sudden plot twist and I'm like SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Funny thing, the boss must be so mad at this crew. Every time he goes out with them to have a fun and cheery dinner, one of them decides to start breaking down cry and telling them his life story.

Yeah, I love the insert song too!

I love the ED and the visuals showing memorable parts of the episode inside the photographs. It definitely makes you reflect on the episode.

Freeter ED
I used to skip watching the ED. I would just listen to the song while doing other, but I just watched it for this episode and yeah, the photographs are pretty cool

Grzi

Ugh, that's gonna be even more painful than the fucking overused OP song.

I don't know, I'm starting to believe in Madhouse, they might try and make it fit in, somehow.
It's not like they haven't pulled a 180 already and made it seem like they're really putting their all in this. Hopefully they don't ruin the great run this show has had in 2012.

wonzo

Banned
I don't know, I'm starting to believe in Madhouse, they might try and make it fit in, somehow.
It's not like they haven't pulled a 180 already and made it seem like they're really putting their all in this. Hopefully they don't ruin the great run this show has had in 2012.
I'm sure they'll be able to fit in another recap episode!

Grzi

I'm sure they'll be able to fit in another recap episode!

It would be kind of great if they actually did that, like they don't give a fuck lol
They should just have Gon talk to Killua and be like: "Oh hey, I forgot to mention this one little thing that actually made go take the hunter exam in the first place LOL".

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon 32

Luna talks to her magical arcade computer thingie
and is told the 5th senshi will appear soon.
I KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS :D
Luna was sent from the MOON? NO FUCKIN WAY MAN. Totally didn't see that coming!
Luna still doesn't realize that
idiot Usagi is the moon Princess
. Well I guess nobody would think that. Perfect disguise if you ask me.
Meanwhile, Zoicite is still plotting to get the rest of the crystals. I wonder what Tuxedo Kamen is doing with the rest of those?
Usagi tries to give Umino some dating tips with Naru. This is more hilarious than it should be. He gets the idea to try to be like Tuxedo Kamen. No this is every bit as hilarious as it should be.
He's quite the failure, but at least he's trying.
Motoki has some tickets to a sentai show or something at the amusement park and he gives them to Usagi and Naru. Usagi wants to hook up umino and Naru instead.
Zoicite
improves the black crystal to turn humans into youmas without needing their own crystal. He wants to turn Naru into a youma. He sees Umino dressed as Tuxedo Kamen and thinking its the real one, retreats
. Umino, you done good son. Gotta give you credit. You got balls.
Luna asks Usagi why she's fucking around at an amusement park instead of searching for the Princess. Usagi gives a dumb answer and runs off. This is your world's savior folks. Yeah, you guys are FUCKED!
Oh I see. Its not a sentai show, its just the Red Ranger with a one man show at the park.
While everyone is distracted,
zoicite uses the crystal to turn Naru into a youma, but she ducks and the beam hits red ranger guy
. LOOOOL.
So that guy turns into a youma instead and begins attacking everyone and trapping them in giant green balls. Umino bravely fights back, but he's a weakshit and gets knocked around.
Still, he has guts. I tip my tiny hat to you Umino. You deserve Naru.
Usagi transforms into Sailor moon finally and Zoicite appears and tells her all the people trapped will suffocate and die if she doesn't hand over the rainbow crystal. You're a dick, Zoicite. But then, holy shit,
Sailor Moon just GIVES HIM THE FUCKING CRYSTAL
. JESUS CHRIST GIRL YOU ARE STUPID AS FUCK!!! thankfully Tuxedo Kamen shows up and is like "WTF USAGI YOU DUMB BITCH". After a bit of fighting, Tuxedo manages to distract Zoicite and Usagi heals the Red Ranger and saves everyone. Unfortunately,
she left the crystal in the open and zoicite steals it and teleports away.
Nice going, Usagi.
Tuxedo Kamen vows to get the crystal back and Usagi realizes he wants to keep it for himself. I don't trust this Tuxedo Kamen character one bit.
Naru and Umino are watching the show and Naru looks like she has a bit of a crush on Umino. Its adorable. Nice work, dude. Meanwhile, Luna tells Usagi she is a huge failure
for letting the crystal get into Zoicite's hands while she is thinking about why Tuxedo Kamen wants the crystal
. Damned right she is. You fucked up girl. You better amend for this.

Then roll credits and a preview for....oh...OH MY GOD. OMG YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Minami-ke Tadaima 01

Completely forgot this is out. Yay Evil Chiaki!

Oh shit this looks interesting...

duckroll

Magi - Episode 13

From the new OP said:

I dropped this show over a month ago, so the only reason I even watched this was because I knew there was going to be a new OP/ED. Lucky me, this also turned out to be an action packed episode with Alibaba fighting a bunch of weirdass animal mutants dudes. The action was pretty good, and it reminds me once more than MBS weekend afternoon anime are generally really violent. Lots of brutal stuff, blood, etc, without much censorship toning it down at all. The music still sucks though.

What's particularly interesting is that the new OP/ED confirms that the show is definitely going to go past the Balbadd story arc. It's probably pretty obvious given the pacing and the number of episodes left anyway, but the content in both the OP and the ED are mostly focused on stuff which comes after Balbadd, in particular the Zagan dungeon arc. There certainly seems like enough episodes left to cover up to the end of Zagan if the series is 24-26 episodes long.

I wouldn't be surprised if the show continues after that too, or if there's another season coming later this year.

From the new ED said:

Articalys

Okay, looks like we got the usual formatted list now, but no additional numbers yet. Sit tight for a bit longer. Some of the info is repeated from before -- most of the new stuff is lower-end DVD numbers -- but I'm including it all for the sake of completeness. Also, over 3k is high for a BD cutoff so there's almost certainly something interesting below there.

Weekly Sales Rankings for Dec. 24-30

Blu-ray
*1, 25,552 25,552 Sword Art Online vol.3 Limited Edition
*2, *8,358 *8,358 Little Busters! vol.1 Limited Edition
*3, *7,306 *7,306 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb vol.1 Limited Edition
*4, *6,969 *6,969 Hyouka vol.7 Limited Edition
*5, *6,148 *6,148 Accel World vol.6 Limited Edition
*6, *5,227 *5,227 Dog Days' vol.4 Limited Edition
*7, *3,992 *3,992 Aquarion Evol vol.9
*8, *3,801 *3,801 Hellsing Ultimate vol.10 Limited Edition
*9, *3,275 18,959 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II vol.4 Limited Edition

DVD
*1, 9,354 *,*37,520 Kuroko no Basket Fan Disc
*2, 6,172 *,**6,172 Sword Art Online vol.3 Limited Edition
*3, 4,506 *,*19,681 One Piece Log Collection "OHZ"
*4, 4,480 *,*19,588 One Piece Log Collection "BROOK"
*5, 3,155 *,**3,155 Kamisama Hajimemashita vol.1
*6, 2,849 *,**2,849 Hellsing Ultimate vol.10 Limited Edition
*7, 2,803 *,*11,608 Kuroko no Basket vol.6
*8, 1,896 *,**7,095 Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2: Kyurem vs. Seikenshi
*9, 1,833 *,**1,833 Dog Days' vol.4 Limited Edition
10, 1,782 1,173,842 My Little Totoro
11, 1,757 *,**1,757 Little Busters! vol.1 Limited Edition
13, 1,610 *,**1,610 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb vol.1 Limited Edition
15, 1,526 *,*11,723 Gintama' Enchousen vol.1 Limited Edition
16, 1,413 *,**1,413 Accel World vol.6 Limited Edition
18, 1,247 *,**4,150 New Prince of Tennis vol.5
20, 1,206 *,**1,206 Aquarion Evol vol.9
22, 1,130 *,**3,558 Hakuouki Reimeiroku vol.4 Limited Edition
23, 1,068 *,**6,180 Sore Ike! Anpanman
25, 1,062 *,**1,062 Arcana Famiglia vol.4 Limited Edition
26, 1,045 *,**1,045 Hyouka vol.7 Limited Edition
29, *,999 *,***,999 Campione! vol.4 Limited Edition
30, *,998 *,***,998 Shirokuma Cafe vol.6

cajunator

Banned
Okay, looks like we got the usual formatted list now, but no additional numbers yet. Sit tight for a bit longer. Some of the info is repeated from before -- most of the new stuff is lower-end DVD numbers -- but I'm including it all for the sake of completeness. Also, over 3k is high for a BD cutoff so there's almost certainly something interesting below there.

Anime is dead. Long live anime!

I love villain logic:
Those who can't kill shouldn't be allowed to live

So wrong yet completely intact within it's own logic.

12 Kingdoms, Moribito, Story of Saiunkoku, Stellvia, Stratos 4, Gurren Lagann....You have GREAT tastes. Just wanted to let you know I love all of those. Hix also seemed to enjoy Stellvia a lot as well.

These words make me happy :) You already know how I feel about you my K-On! comrade <3

Dresden

Magi - Episode 13

I dropped this show over a month ago, so the only reason I even watched this was because I knew there was going to be a new OP/ED. Lucky me, this also turned out to be an action packed episode with Alibaba fighting a bunch of weirdass animal mutants dudes. The action was pretty good, and it reminds me once more than MBS weekend afternoon anime are generally really violent. Lots of brutal stuff, blood, etc, without much censorship toning it down at all. The music still sucks though.

What's particularly interesting is that the new OP/ED confirms that the show is definitely going to go past the Balbadd story arc. It's probably pretty obvious given the pacing and the number of episodes left anyway, but the content in both the OP and the ED are mostly focused on stuff which comes after Balbadd, in particular the Zagan dungeon arc. There certainly seems like enough episodes left to cover up to the end of Zagan if the series is 24-26 episodes long.

I wouldn't be surprised if the show continues after that too, or if there's another season coming later this year.
Guess it's time to pick it back up.

Grzi

Magi - Episode 13

Oh SNAP!
How can I not be hyped after seeing those images, HOW?!
A little bit of hope is restored, I guess.

wonzo

Banned
Magi - Episode 13

Well now, it's looks like I'll be picking this up for the third time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Poor Polar Bear-san. :( Gonna have to close up shop.

Defuser

Magi - Episode 13

It looks to me they are continuing even after the Zagan arc since there's Yunan and Lady Magi in the ED. But manga haven't completed the mog arc how are they gonna extend it?

Jex

Female Brown Shinji: The Secret of Blue Water 07

C'mon, those last five minutes were totally operation Yashima from Evangelion.

You even used that same shot later in episode six of Eva when Ramiel counterattacks the positron rifle's shot*! ANNO YOU BIG FAT HACK

Hey, it's hard to come up with new ideas! Gotta cut him some slack!

Milamber

Weekly Sales Rankings for Dec. 24-30

Blu-ray
*1, 25,552 25,552 Sword Art Online vol.3 Limited Edition
*2, *8,358 *8,358 Little Busters! vol.1 Limited Edition
*3, *7,306 *7,306 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb vol.1 Limited Edition
*4, *6,969 *6,969 Hyouka vol.7 Limited Edition
*5, *6,148 *6,148 Accel World vol.6 Limited Edition
*6, *5,227 *5,227 Dog Days' vol.4 Limited Edition
*7, *3,992 *3,992 Aquarion Evol vol.9
*8, *3,801 *3,801 Hellsing Ultimate vol.10 Limited Edition
*9, *3,275 18,959 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II vol.4 Limited Edition

DVD
*1, 9,354 *,*37,520 Kuroko no Basket Fan Disc
*2, 6,172 *,**6,172 Sword Art Online vol.3 Limited Edition
*3, 4,506 *,*19,681 One Piece Log Collection "OHZ"
*4, 4,480 *,*19,588 One Piece Log Collection "BROOK"
*5, 3,155 *,**3,155 Kamisama Hajimemashita vol.1
*6, 2,849 *,**2,849 Hellsing Ultimate vol.10 Limited Edition
*7, 2,803 *,*11,608 Kuroko no Basket vol.6
*8, 1,896 *,**7,095 Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2: Kyurem vs. Seikenshi
*9, 1,833 *,**1,833 Dog Days' vol.4 Limited Edition
10, 1,782 1,173,842 My Little Totoro
11, 1,757 *,**1,757 Little Busters! vol.1 Limited Edition
13, 1,610 *,**1,610 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb vol.1 Limited Edition
15, 1,526 *,*11,723 Gintama' Enchousen vol.1 Limited Edition
16, 1,413 *,**1,413 Accel World vol.6 Limited Edition
18, 1,247 *,**4,150 New Prince of Tennis vol.5
20, 1,206 *,**1,206 Aquarion Evol vol.9
22, 1,130 *,**3,558 Hakuouki Reimeiroku vol.4 Limited Edition
23, 1,068 *,**6,180 Sore Ike! Anpanman
25, 1,062 *,**1,062 Arcana Famiglia vol.4 Limited Edition
26, 1,045 *,**1,045 Hyouka vol.7 Limited Edition
29, *,999 *,***,999 Campione! vol.4 Limited Edition
30, *,998 *,***,998 Shirokuma Cafe vol.6
oxpV4.gif

duckroll

It looks to me they are continuing even after the Zagan arc since there's Yunan and Lady Magi in the ED.

The character montage at the end of the ED doesn't really mean as much as what's in the rest of the OP/ED I think. It's a nice tease for fans (and probably confirms they have plans of continuing the series further), but I think the actual contents in the majority of the OP seems to confirm they're going to do Zagan this cour at least. Which should be interesting.

Milamber

The character montage at the end of the ED doesn't really mean as much as what's in the rest of the OP/ED I think. It's a nice tease for fans (and probably confirms they have plans of continuing the series further), but I think the actual contents in the majority of the OP seems to confirm they're going to do Zagan this cour at least. Which should be interesting.

Has there ever been any other hotly anticipated manga turning to anime that has disappointed its fans when finally airing? Only this show comes to mind at the moment but I'm sure there are much more.

Defuser

Zagan arc should be quite short if I recall correctly right? I think they can squeeze in the pirate arc which would be a good stop for Magi and a good setup for a potential season 2.

It's actually not illogical from a biological perspective. Unless you are a plant.

Well yes but context is everything my friend. The most honest villains are the most flawed by this type of logic because they pull logical fallacies out of every orifice they can reach. Case in point: the one that was throwing the original quote around was using it as a justification to kill anyone to get whatever he wanted because living to him was simply getting what ever he wanted. That's just so wrong :3

Dresden

Zagan arc should be quite short if I recall correctly right? I think they can squeeze in the pirate arc which would be a good stop for Magi and a good setup for a potential season 2.

Not without it feeling cut-down and short. They've already shortchanged one dungeon crawl, should at least preserve Zagan's habitat.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well yes but context is everything my friend. The most honest villains are the most flawed by this type of logic because they pull logical fallacies out of every orifice they can reach. Case in point: the one that was throwing the original quote around was using it as a justification to kill anyone to get whatever he wanted because living to him was simply getting what ever he wanted. That's just so wrong :3
Social Darwinism bro!

Jex

Anime/Game Studio Gonzo Posts Higher Earnings, Profit

Animation studio Gonzo (Full Metal Panic!, Black Cat) announced on Wednesday that it earned 431 million yen (about US$4,947,000) in the April-September 2012 period. It also noted that these earnings are 17% higher than its earnings from the same period a year ago. Its preliminary projection for net profit is 72 million yen (US$820,000), compared to a net loss of 42 million yen (US$550,000) in the same period the year before.

Gonzo has not only been producing anime, but they have also been doing practical business with properties they already own. These efforts have been focusing on the Internet, with the company licensing its properties for online streaming, video games, and toys. Gonzo also established a subsidiary of the company in Okinawa in 2012. The company is currently focusing on more business overseas in other parts of Asia, particularly in China.

Source: animeanime.biz

finally, the glass fleet mmo we've all been waiting for
And I am sure they deserve every penny for really brining bad CG to the forefront of anime. They were the real forerunners in that field.

cajunator

Banned
Well it doesn't seem that crazy. Perhaps you purchase the first box of some series but then you find out that you don't like it enough to keep buying it so you stop.

I've done this with a couple of series, but I'm a bit of a completionist collector so I usually finish it later. Still, I have only two volumes of .Hack//sign and only one of Psychic Academy that my friend gave me. Never bothered to complete those.

Steroyd

Little Busters - 13

Kind of wish I made predictions based off the OP from episode 1 so I could evidently say "I CALLED IT"

This reminds me of the Fuuka arc to a degree from Clannad, so I at least had some mental fortitude towards this episode.

BRING IT ON KEY, I'M NOT WHO I ONCE WAS, I'VE LEVELED UP BITCHES!!

Defuser

They must be happy with something if it's getting a S3, though idk why given the sales.

I think it's just Shonen Sunday trying in cash on the anime adapations and throw everything on the wall to see whether it sticks after Magi. Hell even Hayate no Gotoku is getting a fourth season.

Grzi

Has there ever been any other hotly anticipated manga turning to anime that has disappointed its fans when finally airing? Only this show comes to mind at the moment but I'm sure there are much more.

The last episode of Soul Eater?
lol

Steroyd

Beelzebub.

I don't think anyone even tanked through the thing to completion.

Thanks for all that shitty unnecessary filler Studio Pierrot.

Dresden

The last episode of Soul Eater?
lol

It was disappointing from episode 2. Still watched the animation showcases on youtube.

Blade of the Immortal comes to mind.

Jex

Interesting little factoid from Funimation's panel at Anime Los Angeles earlier this evening -- apparently, Kamisama Kiss is their "most popular streaming title ever". No idea what metrics they used to determine that, but that's what they said.

Presumably they're going by the viewer count for each episode?

Thoraxes

I think it's just Shonen Sunday trying in cash on the anime adapations and throw everything on the wall to see whether it sticks after Magi. Hell even Hayate no Gotoku is getting a fourth season.

True, and the lastest Hayate did really hooooooorible.

Jex

Nekomonogatari Black

The beginning schewed a little too far into Nise territory for my liking but overall I was satisfied with the presentation.

This franchise is definitely at its best when it doesn't stray too far from its regular formula of a girl being burdened by a problem and Arararagi helping her out with said problem while occasionally being a huge pervert. It also made me realize that another of Nise's biggest failings was the lack of Oshino.

Also, dat cat.

I certainly agree with you there. Ohsino, no pun intended, really helps balance the pacing of the show and he's a character that Araragi can interact with who isn't a girl that's in love with him. That's pretty important!

Defuser

True, and the lastest Hayate did really hooooooorible.

I wish Manglobe didn't touch Hayate no Gotoku, should have given back to SynergySP or J.C.Staff. Or even TWGOK although they did a barely decent job, I'm still bitter they didn't pick Jun Fukuyama as Keima but the girl casting is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom