• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Minami-Ke Tadaima Ep 1

More Kana's idiotics, Chiaki's love/hate for Haruka/Kana and hopefully more fanservice for Haruka. Tadaima indeed but best character Hosaka hasn't appear yet.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 61

Watching this series again knowing who Bomber is feels kind of strange. It's still good though.

Does anyone know if they will continue straight through or will they break to make a HxH: Greed Island (2013)?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This new season is do depressing.

I'm so desperate for new animu that i'm hyping myself for PP next arc... at least SSY is back being good and interesting.
Most stuff hasn't even aired yet, and like half of the watchable shows from last season are still going. I dunno, people are giving this season way too much flack.

Milamber

It probably doen't help that I think the end of Bakemono is fairly definitive in terms of the whole relationship diagram front. No more love-shapes.
*cough* Read the books. *cough*

Minami-Ke Tadaima Ep 1

More Kana's idiotics, Chiaki's love/hate for Haruka/Kana and hopefully more fanservice for Haruka. Tadaima indeed but best character Hosaka hasn't appear yet.
pBwZJ.gif

Haha, no I'm using m phone abd accidently posted before finishing the sentence.

LOL... I wasn't asking because of any posting errors :) I'm determined to get every bit of information from wall-of-text shows like this and shows that place goodies between frames of animation (like Hidamari Sketch) so I abuse my pause button when watching them.

The silly part of me is thinking that marathoning the shows would be worse on the button's lifespan because you aren't giving it the opportunity to "heal" since that's how mechanical things work o_O

Milamber

Random Minami-ke question... but is it me, or do their mouths look weird some times? Not rice bowl Magi weird, but different from the normal anime mouth.

The triangle mouth phenomenon. I love it.

EDIT: I feel that this show started that mouth style and other shows emulated it because of the cuteness, I may be wrong though. Anyway, it fits in with the art direction so it's not that distracting.

What would you rather have? This...

Or this...

Stulaw

LOL... I wasn't asking because of any posting errors :) I'm determined to get every bit of information from wall-of-text shows like this and shows that place goodies between frames of animation (like Hidamari Sketch) so I abuse my pause button when watching them.

The silly part of me is thinking that marathoning the shows would be worse on the button's lifespan because you aren't giving it the opportunity to "heal" since that's how mechanical things work o_O

Ah OK, i did watch those episodes over 4 days, so an average of <5 episodes a day isn't too crazy I think.

Minami-Ke Tadaima Ep 1

Is there some definitive diagram of Anime's Dumbest Girls floating out there? I'd sure love to see how Kana stacks up against Tomo and Osaka from Azumanga or Excel

Moon eludes me.

---

Random Minami-ke question... but is it me, or do their mouths look weird some times? Not rice bowl Magi weird, but different from the normal anime mouth.

Tear drop mouth is HAWT!

EDIT: I hear its like the mouth is shaped like the perfect breast to trick Otakus into liking the show.

The triangle mouth phenomenon. I love it.

EDIT: I feel that this show started that mouth style and other shows emulated it because of the cuteness, I may be wrong though. Anyway, it fits in with the art direction so it's not that distracting.

What would you rather have? This...

Or this...

...it depends >_>

wonzo

Banned
oh yeah i should actually start watching Minami-ke

magi 11 for realsies

magi11.jpg

i bothered to watch it all this time instead of the psychomoe and that scene and apart from the nice animation at the beginning this was still p. dull but there's no way i'm dropping this fucking thing for a fourth time. i'm drawing a line in the fucking ground here.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 61

Watching this series again knowing who Bomber is feels kind of strange. It's still good though.

The worste thing about that is having to slog through one of the shittiest antagonists for the nth time.

Does anyone know if they will continue straight through or will they break to make a HxH: Greed Island (2013)?
It doesn't look like it'll end any time soon.

Narag

AKB0048 Next Stage 14

oh my god
center nova
is coming back! Acchan looks less derpy than I remember. Arranged (?) version of the first OP's song was hot too. So good to have a legitimately awesome return to the show. Something for everyone in this!

ssFTzl.jpg
VGG33l.jpg
sTGqvl.jpg

Mecha fun for me,

3nEtNl.jpg

dancing CG girls for wonzo,

oifk5l.png

a little something for SDBurton,

UutkMl.png

:chet for chet,

qbm9Rl.jpg

and a tiny hat for kayos.

Welcome back, AKB0048. I've missed you.

Defuser

6F3Eh.jpg

I don't recall Mor's costume was ever that sexy. *Nicholson nodding gif*

EVhTZ.jpg

Psycho moe has upgraded herself to full fledge moe with the power of goddess Kana Hanazawa.

This person is right. Why they produced 1st and 2nd cour at the same time only to have them flow unevenly is criminal.
At least Studio Asread made up their sins with Okaeri.

Theonik

AKB0048 Next Stage 01
This truly is the :chet season. Also that start to this episode made me think of Wonzo's tag haha. Very enjoyable episode. Can't believe I'd miss the concert sequences. New direction* is also hype.
*AKB0048 direction that is
elections, center nova etc
Edit: It really did have something for everyone!
Edit2: Laughed at
48 years in prison

This season sure feel like total bore eh, few days in I only bother to watch one show and even that feel like ass.

I posted the same sentiment yesterday as well. I'm hoping things improve soon. I still have the carry-overs from last season and I've collected quite the list of recommendations from this thread but I hope that there will be some new stuff worth following this season. *fingers crossed*

fertygo

I posted the same sentiment yesterday as well. I'm hoping things improve soon. I still have the carry-overs from last season and I've collected quite the list of recommendations from this thread but I hope that there will be some new stuff worth following this season. *fingers crossed*

Oh sure, my carry-overs are the one that I looking forward for this season, outside that tho...

GodAni better save anime with Tamako.

wonzo

Banned
magi 12

magi12.jpg

yeah, i think you forgot something really important!!! i mean, it was bad enough that it was missing in episode 11 but if you're gonna flashback to that then AT LEAST REDRAW THE FUCKING ARMS

magi49.png

Watch the first one, Okaeri(3rd) and the now airing Tadaima(4th), skip Okawari(2nd).
This person is right. Why they produced 1st and 2nd cour at the same time only to have them flow unevenly is criminal.
Yeah, I've heard people say this a lot but I'll just end up powering through it anyway. :>

Milamber

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru 01

How generic can this show get!? I can finally say that I am giving up watching all this harem shi...

VJo5g.gif

On second though, I've decided to give this show a chance.

Kurita

Freeter Ie Wo Kau 2
I think I was as happy as the workers when we saw the completed road.
Also... Why is the neighbor so mean? :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Haven't watched the whole thing, but while it's fresh on my mind, did anyone else think that they were going to burst into the Red Dwarf theme when those chords played at the end of the first song in AKB0048?

Jintor

Haven't watched the whole thing, but while it's fresh on my mind, did anyone else think that they were going to burst into the Red Dwarf theme when those chords played at the end of the first song in AKB0048?

Cold outside, wrong kind of atmosphere! I'm all alone, more or less...! Let me fly, far away from here... fun, fun, fun... in the sun, sun, sun...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Oreshura
The first few minutes of this show are so bad. I mean the rest is bad too but the start of it especially. There's no introduction or hook. Instead we just watch the main character go to the store and shop for vegetables or something. I will say this though, the background art is surprisingly detailed.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor moon 33

Queen Beryl and her minions are watching footage from their previous failures. zoicite keeps complaining about Tuxedo Kamen saving Usagi's ass every time. They come up with a plan
to create a false Sailor moon to draw him out.
Now we are obviously in america, because there's a dude robbing a store with a shotgun. Wait no, this is still Japan. My mistake. So
the false Sailor moon has a boomerang and takes out the guy. Luna sees her on the news and assumes she just showed her identity publically.
Meanwhile,
real Usagi is off doing useless things
as usual.
A couple of window washers are cleaning windows, when someone shoots shards into the ropes, causing them to fall.
Fake Sailor Moon stages a rescue in front of everyone. Usagi is like WTF that girl is way too useful to be me!
The girls follow
the escaping fake Sailor moon and
get led to a ship dock. Usagi is angry and
wants the fake to pay her licensing fees for using her identity
(fucking lol). They see
the fake being captured and hung up on the crane.
The girls transform into senshi. Kunzite cloaks the whole place in darkness. Mars tries to Fire soul that shit away, but it doesnt work. Sailor moon has the gall to say she's not good for anything. She must have had a mirror. Thats the only explanation. Sailor Jupiter gives it a shot but to no avail. Kunzite shrinks the darkness down, enveloping the senshi. Tuxedo Kamen makes his way to the scene.
He immediately suspects a trap. Still, he rescues the fake and bring her down to the ground. The fake takes advantagre of the situation and literally stabs him in the back with a shard
and he's all "wtf damn it I just saved your sorry high maintenance ass".
The fake Sailor moon reveals her disguise as Zoicite
. The Senshi are still trapped in a shrinking bubble of dark energy. Zoicite chases Tuxedo Mask down and
reveals him to be Mamoru
. I tell you what I'm totally shocked! Queen Beryl is able to see his face through her crystal ball or whatever.
THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN...
CRESCENT BEAM
, MOTHERFUCKERS. It hits Zoicites hand and allows Mamoru to escape. Zoicite goes to Kunzite to warn him. Suddenly,
SAILOR VENUS SHOWS UP
. AWWW FUCK YEAH SON ITS ON NOW YOU SONOFABITCHES TASTE THE WRATH OF THIS GORGEOUS ASSKICKING BEST GIRL.

Wait...give me a moment to compose myself.
.....squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
....*bounces
......ok ok
......alright Im good now
Ok. So
Sailor Venus shows up and tells them not to give up. She has on THAT SAILOR V MASK.
So she crescent beams Kunzite and Zoicites hands
because shes such a fucking badass and puts an end to this foolishness. The senshi
recognize her as Sailor V. Artemis shows up!
NOW SOME SHIT GONNA START. IM SQUEEING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL. Queen Beryl tells her henchman to GTFO. Thats right, run you motherfuckers!!
The group stands there
looking at Sailor V. Luna is like fuck yeah now we got all five of you and artemis.
Lets rock this shit! Sailor moon asks
Sailor Venus if she is the Moon Princess. Sailor Venus
just looks at her like shes stupid. She doesnt just LOOK that way,
Venus.

NOW ITS ON.

Pooya

girls und panzer - 2

this looks really dangerous, what safety measures? lol

WW2 tanks just sitting around this ship, is there a history to this world or is it like this just to have this imaginary set up? actually I would be interested to know why/how things are the way they are. The instructor was on a M1 Abrams tank, far more modern.

probably I should not think much about this and the world, doesn't seem to be the focus here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom