• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Is it safe to say that the Tamako OP is he best KyoAni OP since Nichinou? I think so!

Well considering that their previous OP was so bad that it had to be changed, and that Hyouka's was largely forgettable (while still well made), I agree.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Honestly, I prefer Hyouka OP2 than TM's OP. It's just too... idk... the body motions of Tamako is really weird.

/XX/

On Your Mark - A music video by Hayao Miyazaki
I also watched it earlier today, funnily enough. But I do have a habit of revisiting it every now and then.
I quite like the song for this. The video is also great. Pretty sure I found out about in from GAF. Recommended for Miyazaki fans.
Any opportunity to post about Mr. Miyazaki's WATERCOLORS again is a good one (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26907815&postcount=3519)!

GAINAX YOU CHEATS
The GAiNAX Way! Tax evasion was their utmost gamble, obviously...

Happy Birthday BluWacky!
Happy Birthday!
Man, nice we have Nafe to remind us (when is yours, by the way?)!

Poor man, Mr. Anno just wanted to love and be loved at that sad era of his life!

Anyway, nowadays he is a happy man, although that awkwardness will probably never leave him!

cajunator

Banned
I've been sitting here for a while now staring at the green one lick the screen every time she goes by.

I just noticed that. amazing.

People are talking about watching Tamako Market on Twitter. I'm so excited!

Kyoani about to fire up the squeemobile. I shall hitch a ride on it now.

I see, so she does!

They're definitely a thing. The catmaid ninja might be the only example in the show, though.

I love that she exists. LOVE IT.

What? I wake up from my slumber to THIS?
*bounces excitedly

♪( ´▽`) ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

You're a champion, sir. Also how do you create some of those symbols? Are they all extended ascii codes?

Jex

I absolutely loved the show. The wordplay was fascinating and the extremes of the characters was highly entertaining to watch. But I do see your point. It's an acquired taste. You may not enjoy Joshiraku then.

Unless you're a native Japanese speaker you'll never appreciate the intricacies and subtleties of the dialogue.

Jex

Madhouse and Clamp present a touching story of the truest love there is.

Mouryou no Hako 1

I have good news for some of our fellow backloggers.

Actually, in its opening minute, Mouryou no Hako sets its expectations clearly. It's got a supernatural bent; it's a story of the intersection between the eternal and the ephemeral, about souls and spirits good and evil, about life and what comes afterward. So there are a few unsettling moments, which at this point seem meant to set us up for what comes afterwards. I'll be sure to keep an eye on mentions of angels or spirits, as well as dolls.

It's also set in the 1950s in Japan, which is kinda neat. There's a character introduced later in the episode who seems to be dealing with PTSD, so I wonder if they'll take it any further.

There's still a lot left for us to understand. We'll see how this plays out. I think I understand what Yoriko's relationship with Kanako is all about, but they're intentionally keeping us in the dark about one or two key things that could make a huge difference.

This should be a fun show to discuss as long as nobody tries to spoil anything.
[...]

It's actually fairly difficult for me to talk about this series at all considering that it's based around a number of interlocking mysteries. Even some pretty general comments from myself might be giving stuff away. Suffice to say that the very opening scene of the series is deliberately confusing in a manner which makes it difficult to draw useful conclusions.

I think the only may for me to join in on this one will be to re-watch the episodes and write as if I wasn't aware of what's going to happen next, which in a way I am not as it's been a while since I watched the show.

cajunator

Banned
It corrupted me. I watched more anime in 2012 than the rest of my life combined.

Well that certainly isn't true for me.
Since 2000 I have watched a frightening amount of it.
Not that I'm complaining. I love this stuff so much.
It has taken up a large part of my free time, and cut way into my enjoyment of games.

Jex

Love Live 01

Another Idolm@ster style anime, oh well. Quite generic, introduction episode. CG dances galore. I'll give this 5 eps average before I choose to continue or drop.

See, this is why you're a dangerous person. Most other folk go for a three episode approach. You're a maverick.

Steroyd

Puchimas - 08

SEISQ.gif

Jex

What exactly constitutes a corrupting title?

SAO.
I don't think so. I think we can take it as a sign that Mamoru Nagano fans read Newtype.

Box Office Mojo may not be the most accurate way of reporting Japanese grosses, but the lowest ranking film on their Japan yearly box office chart has taken $110k. As Gothicmade doesn't appear on that list, it has likely made less than that.

Of course for a film like this that's probably been shown on about 20 screens at most nationwide you're never going to take a huge amount of money. But it's been outgrossed by Strike Witches, Blood-C, and a Jewel Pet movie amongst others.

Poor Gothicmade, your fate was sealed at conception. You can't really expect a movie with much in the way of marketing or press (beyond hobbyist magazines) to get very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom