• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kotoura-san 1

FzNDJ.jpg

This is quite possibly the most ridiculous bait and switch I have ever seen in anything. The only thing I can think of that was about as trolly is the Narutaru OP. It's like when the
glass broke to reveal a more colorful world instead of a dreary one
was just the animation team saying "What, you thought this was going to be some dark shit? Fuck you, have some highschool hijinks!"

The worst part is I enjoyed both halves. Dammit, I thought this was supposed to be backlog season :(

Instro

Vividred Operation 01

Talking animals, missing moms, bird handling, rice, and girls with pigtails. This is pretty much Tamako Market but grittier and more realistic. Also, if this is the future and they send electricity across the world and shit why we still got newspapers?

For old people who cant get with the times of course. Notice one of the people she delivered to was some old grandma.

Jex

Tootsie Rolls are awful.

edit: Real talk: best scene in episode one of Ganbaranai or whatever was when Sasami was changing into her school clothes and all of a sudden BAM beam of light to cover her naughty bits. I burst out laughing.

Okay, that was fairly funny, I don't feel that it was intentionally amusing.

wonzo

Banned
Wounded Man 4

Well it started off nice enough...

as he confronts his assassin and takes her captive. Then it started going downhill...

when she attacked him on his boat while they were out to sea. He decided the only way to tame her was via rape. To her credit, she kept trying to kill him before realizing she was in love with him and slit her wrists. She's saved by him and she saves him from being killed later on and things become consensual and what the fuck ever. smh
lol

Let us just say that an Evangelion's
anatomy
may not be as accurate as one would think.
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/567...elion-Anatomy/ Feels like I'm reading a Kennedy assassination site what with all the extra footage comparison/breakdown.
Man, I almsot foprgot just how insane hardcore eva fans are.

Wait untiil you see the sculptures. Thankfully, I did not fall that deep into the hole.
Come on now, you can't just leave it at that without giving us the goods!

Dresden

kotoura-san - 01

I had no idea what this was going in, so... pleasantly surprised? The first half is certainly worth watching. Mileage may vary on the latter half. It's certainly proof that being stupid solves anything.

[Sasami-san@Ganbaranai] - 1

I must really dislike myself because I watched this episode despite reading all the (as it turns out, accurate) negative impressions. Yet I don't hate that much so I actually turned the episode off half way through. It's been a long time since I couldn't even sit through a complete first episode of something, not since Deadman Wonderland.

It's not just that the show is poorly director, that that the directing is bad or any of the visual weaknesses. Everything about the 'story' and characters are, well, exactly as you would expect from the premise of "hikikomoro girl has a brother who looks after her and she secretly spies on him as he interacts with females who vie for his affection'. I understand that, in terms of awful self aware otaku shit the snake has been eating it's own tail for a while now but I'm surprised they've found first depths to explore in terms of this nonsense. After a cursory examination people might query "isn't that just like Bakemonogatari" and the answer would be that while both works are self-aware that doesn't make them the same. The monogatari series has, for the most part, good characters that are well written who are also commentaries on certain character stereotypes. Admittedly some -monogatari characters are pretty worthless but at least in Bakemonogatari there was actually something to latch onto in the way of characters and relationships. The same is not the case here where everything is a shallow vehicle for some joke or other.

You should have watched the last 5 minutes at least. It's... very different from the rest of the episode.

Narag

Nice! I was wondering why the heck you were watching this based off of reading your impressions. As much as I like unnecessarily detailed 80s anime hair I don't think that would be enough to get me to watch this though.

It's not really worth watching. It only came up due the Crying Freeman discussion. On the bright side, I'll probably hit up Mad Bull 34 after Wounded Man which is something that's actually on my backlog list rather than a whim.

Kotoura-san 01
SO CRUEL! SO CRUEL! AHHHH! No! Stop treating that child like shit! ...and then you begin to feel happy for her. Because that's what this is all about! I'll keep watching, at least until it bores me.

Maoyuu Whatever Horny Redhead 01
This is probably most promising shows out of the new set of shows this season. Maybe. That ED is delicious, too. I've listened to it a bunch.

Tamako Market 01
I, uh... well, I'm not sure if I'll be watching this for long. When I was watching it, I felt a little detached. I wasn't really pulled in by anything. It's somewhat cute, I'll give it that. Also... I never really understood why KyoAni shows have that weird greenish blur effect to them.

Cuticle 01
Booo-ring. Dropped.

OreShura 01
Will watch for unknown reasons until it bores me. First episode was kinda fun.

Robotics;Notes and Zetsuen no Tempest both had disappointing returns. Maybe next week.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun 01:

I'm sure that most of us already wrote this off as DTL fodder, but I'm glad that I gave this a shot because it was better than I was expecting it to be. Other than a pleasant orchestral soundtrack it doesn't particularly excel in any way, but there's a sincere quality about how characters act and the material is presented that I wasn't expecting. What it lacks in originality it makes up for in not being aggressively animu, and that automatically makes it one of the better first episodes of this season. Replete with bishounen characters as it is, none of it feels exploitative or particularly meant to titillate, even with a couple of shirtless moments. There was no female gaze, no homoerotic undertones, or any of the sort of thing you'd expect just by looking at the character art or glancing over the synopsis. It's just trying to tell a story that happens to involve some handsome dudes.

For anyone curious about the actual content before watching,
some kids orphaned by an as-of-now mysterious disaster are taken in by a rural church that defends the townsfolk from youkai. The kids, for whatever reason, have the spirits of youkai within them and can bring them out in battle. The central authority of the church, which is gathering people who carry youkai within them for its own probably-nefarious ends, attempts to summon the protagonists and brothers Shino and Sousuke, but when they refuse, their sister/"sister"? Hamaji is kidnapped to lure them to wherever it is that the church is headquartered.
It decently scratches the youkai itch and, the way things are shaping up, it could make for an okay conspiracy/mystery story. I'm cautiously optimistic that the show will have a competent execution, so if you were on the fence about this, might as well try it.

cajunator

Banned
The fact that that link is seen as abnormal and strange means that we are still somewhat salvageable.
Rejoice animegaf for we are not yet lost!!

cajunator

Banned
In an attempt, fruitless no doubt, to cleanse this page, here is Komugi.
Alas I fear that my efforts are in vain.
She's adorable though ^^
EqZma.jpg

wonzo

Banned
Haganai NEXT 1

haganainext1.jpg

gave this another go and it's not bad. definitely better than the first season thanks to the improved character designs.

yukimura > yozora > rika > meat

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Somehow indecent poses with the Evas themselves is less acceptable than with the girls who pilot them.

And that's perfectly okay.

In an attempt, fruitless no doubt, to cleanse this page, here is Komugi.
Alas I fear that my efforts are in vain.
She's adorable though ^^

Now I'm deeply bothered by the fact that she has a bandage on an article of clothing. Cleansing backfire :(

Dresden

vividred operation - 01

After sasami-san this was so damn colorful and vibrant. Entertaining stuff, far better than expected. Just a good energy to how things move along and are set-up, although I have a feeling it's bound to go down next episode. I just wish they wore pants.

Eqr7el.jpg

It's like Meme but the other way around and not as gap-moe.

cajunator

Banned
vividred operation - 01

After sasami-san this was so damn colorful and vibrant. Entertaining stuff, far better than expected. Just a good energy to how things move along and are set-up, although I have a feeling it's bound to go down next episode. I just wish they wore pants.

Eqr7el.jpg

It's like Meme but the other way around and not as gap-moe.

Why did you ditch that neat gif?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom