• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

Why say words when we can post gifs, really.

Second OP was pretty good, too.

The second was fantastic and fit thematically. My issue with the first is that he it seemed so conspicuous next to the rest of the presentation. It just came across as pandering, which it was.

It's the song that lets it down most of all In fact anime does way too much J-Pop and could benefit from considering other alternatives more often

The music was certainly uninspired.

But the less said about the first ED, the better.

but the first hyouka ed gave us
tumblr_m5mgzkepeV1ryzq2lo1_500.jpg

Dresden

The second was fantastic and fit thematically. My issue with the first is that he it seemed so conspicuous next to the rest of the presentation. It just came across as pandering, which it was.

It's okay because you only see the armpits.

At some point I had a little more to say here but watching DtL try so, so hard takes my breath away.

Ryuukan

GTO New Years SP:

Their budget must have been huge to gather up the last 3 infants left in Japan

The end of S1 was Diehard, this was Diehard 2:with babies. Pretty messed up ending but was still great to watch and Urumi is incredible. Also looking forward to Spring Graduation SP this year.

cajunator

Banned
Sasami-san @ Ganbaranai 01

I'm not sure exactly what the point of that was, but I definitely enjoyed it. Love the backgrounds being mostly watercolors and the choices of music. However I think some sites got the voice credits mixed up. Kana Hanazawa is definitely Kagami, but is Sasami really Kana Asumi? I could swear I heard Tsurugi say "nishishishi". Sasami sounds nothing like her very distinct voice.
Anyway, Red > Sasami > Black > Yellow

Hyouka ED 1 really sucked. But I didn't liked even the OP, outside of the visuals. I don't remember the ED2...

Hyouka ED 2 should have been memorable, it really kind of almost told an interesting story that should have been made as an OVA of sorts. Chitanda and Ibara and Satoshi and Houtarou being captured and then escaping etc, plus the song was kind of catchy with that -ery thing the singer did.

cajunator

Banned
So I'm guessing this is the correct voice attributes?

Ai Nonaka as Tama Yagami
Kana Asumi as Tsurugi Yagami
Chiwa Saito as Sasami Tsukuyomi
Kana Hanazawa as Kagami Yagami

Defuser

So Chiwa Saito can sound exactly like Kana Asumi when she says nishishi? I mean EXACTLY.
Also Sasami doesnt have that familiar high pitch that Kana Asumi can do. It doesnt seem right.

Kana Asumi's voice is very distinctive which can be easily recognized regardless what pitch she does. That's because the shows you watch always have Kana Asumi doing high pitch.

cajunator

Banned
Cajun, Kana Asumi isn't the only VA allowed to do the "nishishishishi" laugh, you know.

its not just that. geez listen to the voices again. Tsurugi is the red haired one. How is that Chiwa Saito? Sounds nothingl ike her in any role ever before. Whereas it has that very distinct Kana asumi sound even without the nishishi. Then Sasami herself does not have that high pitch sound. Im going to see if anyone else points this out. If nobody does, then I will back down from it, but if thats the case, then both actresses completely changed their sounds to mimic each other. That just seems very weird.

Milamber

its not just that. geez listen to the voices again. Tsurugi is the red haired one. How is that Chiwa Saito? Sounds nothingl ike her in any role ever before. Whereas it has that very distinct Kana asumi sound even without the nishishi. Then Sasami herself does not have that high pitch sound. Im going to see if anyone else points this out. If nobody does, then I will back down from it, but if thats the case, then both actresses completely changed their sounds to mimic each other. That just seems very weird.

Doesn't that just make them extremely talented?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Tsurugi sounds nothing like Kana Asumi, while Sasami does. Kana Asumi isn't doing her normal genki voice like for Poplar and Mia, but it's still definitely her.

Defuser

Doesn't that just make them extremely talented?

I was about to point that out lol. There's plenty of seiyuus that can pull roles that you can't believe it's him/her.

Take Haruka Tomatsu for example, she have a repertoire of ranges which you can't believe it's her.

Milamber

I was about to point that out lol. There's plenty of seiyuus that can pull roles that you can't believe it's him/her.

Take Haruka Tomatsu for example, she have a repertoire of ranges which you can't believe it's her.

If I had my way I'd have Minoru Shiraishi voice every best friend of the male MC in every anime. His voice is too similiar but so distinct that I can't help but be captivated.

Steroyd

and Kana Asumi in Sasami-san is NOT Sasami. 100% positive.

Sasami sounds like Yuno from Hidamari Sketch, who sounds like Miya from Amagami SS, who sounds like Poplar from Working who sounds like Nyaruko from Nyaruko.

This is because they're all Kana Asumi.

fertygo

Sasami

WuoTC.gif

There were some scene that make toothbrush really classy in comparison, what the hell Shaft..

Vivid Red

that was not that bad I suppose, what up with rather douchebag talking mascot at this season though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom