• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 2

I was planning on dropping this show if the second episode was as terrible as the first, but I guess they thwarted such plans. This show is at its best when they protagonists are talking about anything that isn't their relationship.

I'm also more comfortable watching a show that takes itself seriously when it isn't focusing on :chet. With that in mind, this episode was a step in the right direction.

QlyoI.jpg

Indeed.

Edit: Damn you dakkumauji.

Grzi

No, but interestingly enough the Geass composer is on staff and there were a couple of tracks in the first episode that were fairly evocative of Geass stuff. Maybe that was subconsciously affecting you somehow!

Could be! :)
It's just that the design of some of the older and more masculine characters in this show reminded me of Geass for some reason. :/

cajunator

Banned
Mondaiji 01

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This show is absolutely miraculous. Three human with special powers get transported to a world where they have to play competitive games. A ridiculously cute bunnygirl named black rabbit greets them. This is a world of the supernatural in which only people with powers, gods, demons, and animal folk can play the game. Lots of kemonomimi. Lots of nekomimi including a super cute waitress. Izayoi is a total BOSS. Oh and it ended with this image:
This show fucking rules and my life is even happier having seen it.
I love you all!

Soma

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 02

Y'know as much as I like the style of it, I'm starting to find the background artwork that's juxtaposed against the relatively simple character designs more distracting than anything.

anyhow Senjougahara-meido was fun. next week should be Female Knight's introduction yay

OceanBlue

Vividred Operation was pretty cool. The crotch director delivers once again!

Edit: Oh wow, the music composer for VRO is the composer for Street Fighter 4? LOL

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Haganai NEXT 1

I enjoyed the OP and ED surprisingly and for some reason I liked the name bubbles when a character popped up for the first time. Odd I know. It was an alright episode. More enjoyable than Oreshura for what it's worth. I still don't like Sena all that much, Kodaka is still pretty chill, Yozora is still devious, etc etc.

Nafe

Nobody liked Yozora in S1. Not even Dresden. So probably not an always obvious truth. I haven't watched Next yet, but I don't remember liking her.

I wasn't a member of NeoGaf at the time this was first airing but I always liked Yozora the best since the first episode. It was cool that Sena liked videogames I suppose but I just thought it was amusing the way Yozora would screw with Sena's mind.

Girls und Panzer 9

I read it at least. :)
I've been reading everyone's impressions of Girls und Panzer. I wound up really liking the show.

Well, it's not like I have much to say anyways. I'm no where as good as like Nafe or Jexhius.

That reminds me that I haven't seen any comments from PoeticProse22 for a little over a week now.

Sankarea 14

I haven't seen this yet but I guess it was either that or being visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, haha. Anyway, this episode is kind of trippy by the sounds of it.

How do they even come up with these harcuts anyway? It probably takes her an hour to get out of bed each day because of the hair alone!
Arguing about hair practicality and anime is pretty pointless when other shows have functional drill hair, and let's not forger bird nest drill hair from princess nine.

Yeah, anime hair is never one of those things I bother to rationalize. Plus, I suppose with it being a fictional medium it kind of promotes one to be more crazy and imaginative with different things as that's sometimes the point.

One thing I miss from the earlier episodes of Smile PreCure! just after Cure March's introduction is the way she was amazed at her hair and would just kind of poof it. I wasn't a member at the time but I remember a few here commenting and getting a chuckle out of that as well.

Dude, there is NO WAY Kana Asumi is Sasami and not Tsurugi.
Listen to them both again.

Well, Kana Asumi is listed as Sasami in the credits within the show itself as Defuser has screen capped here:
otoF7.png

Plus she's listed as Sasami in the credits for the official website, as is Chiwa Saito for Tsurugi, which I took a screenshot of and highlighted with Microsoft Paint here:

cajunator

Banned
I wasn't a member of NeoGaf at the time this was first airing but I always liked Yozora the best since the first episode. It was cool that Sena liked videogames I suppose but I just thought it was amusing the way Yozora would screw with Sena's mind.

I've been reading everyone's impressions of Girls und Panzer. I wound up really liking the show.

That reminds me that I haven't seen any comments from PoeticProse22 for a little over a week now.

I haven't seen this yet but I guess it was either that or being visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, haha. Anyway, this episode is kind of trippy by the sounds of it.

Yeah, anime hair is never one of those things I bother to rationalize. Plus, I suppose with it being a fictional medium it kind of promotes one to be more crazy and imaginative with different things as that's sometimes the point.

One thing I miss from the earlier episodes of Smile PreCure! just after Cure March's introduction is the way she was amazed at her hair and would just kind of poof it. I wasn't a member at the time but I remember a few here commenting and getting a chuckle out of that as well.

Well, Kana Asumi is listed as Sasami in the credits within the show itself as Defuser has screen capped here:
otoF7.png

Plus she's listed as Sasami in the credits for the official website, as is Chiwa Saito for Tsurugi, which I took a screenshot of and highlighted with Microsoft Paint here:

Having been shown proof I already agreed, but they sound so similar to each other it doesnt seem to make any sense. Why Chiwa sounds exactly like Kana and vice versa. Wouldnt it make more sense for each VA to just do the other role?

jgminto

Robotics;Notes 12

While I enjoyed this episode, it was a bit disappointing. When you end 11 like that and then go into an episode that's purely focused on character development, it's a bit of a downer.

I guess I'll start with the OP. I liked the old one and I like this one too, but it could have been much better. Too many walking shots, not enough cool portrait shots over two-tone backgrounds and fades into Gunvarrel. Decent song. With the episode itself, while I was disappointed by the lack of plot movement, I do appreciate them really developing the characters. It feels like much more of a team, with every member being of some importance to the current objective,
although Jun only seems to be there so the group can get help from her grandfather,
unlike Steins;Gate which felt more like some people Okarin roped in to hanging out at his place sometimes.

This episode also focused on Jun, the least important character with the least going on, so this is probably her last episode of importance. She was never really much of an interesting character, certainly the most shallow of the group, with the only things that define her being her outfit and fear of robots. Which would make it less interesting, BUT it also focused on Doc, the cool old man with a rockin' attitude who built robots. There wasn't really anything spectacular this episode when it came to character development either. The complication and resolution could be seen miles away in all their obviousness.

So overall a pretty weak episode, possibly the weakest, made enjoyable by Akiho's infectious happiness, persistence and ability to jump for joy while two people share an emotional moment.

Official Kaito Douche Watch: Current douche level 70%

This episode Kaito showed interest in something that was neither possibly earth-shattering or a game of Kill-Ballad. This bizarre act of compassion moves him down to the rank of "gives a shit if it makes him look like a nice guy" from the previous "gives a shit if he has to". Next week will we finally see him give a shit about something on his own? I doubt it!

Nafe

Having been shown proof I already agreed, but they sound so similar to each other it doesnt seem to make any sense. Why Chiwa sounds exactly like Kana and vice versa. Wouldnt it make more sense for each VA to just do the other role?

Not really knowing much about the show I don't know why they went the way they did with the characters. I'll have to see for myself.

cajunator

Banned
Not really knowing much about the show I don't know why they went the way they did with the characters. I'll have to see for myself.

Chiwa sounds high pitched and genki and does the nishishi thing EXACTLY like Kana Asumi does it and Kana Asumi sounds more reserved and softer in this show. Itsl ike the two VA's swapped voices entirely. Its just REALLY startling.

Steroyd

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 02

Y'know as much as I like the style of it, I'm starting to find the background artwork that's juxtaposed against the relatively simple character designs more distracting than anything.

Not to mention moments like this.

xfEWL.gif

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - 02

Much better and a better depiction of what this series looks like it's heading towards, the only blemish is the whole contract = marriage talk thing, but this is more like what I was expecting.

Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - 01

aTFqW.jpg

War God Mode?

Furries furries everywhere, Cajun goes SQUEEE~

Oh he already did!

Alright first episode, apprehensive about Gary Stu but I'll see how this plays out.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 37

This was a nice episode with a seemingly one-off character. Chihiro was one cool dame. This reminded me a bit of the episode last season with the girl with the glasses in the auto club (she's been appearing a lot more lately, btw). The best part about Belldandy is how she not really helps people overcome their problems, but helps people help themselves overcome their problems through sage advice and encouragement. She and Tohru from Fruits Basket are a lot alike. I realized that just now!

Also, I love the show's running joke of Belldandy not hiding that she's a goddess at all, yet everything is maintained because everybody thinks she's just being weird. Chihiro during the race going all "Wait, wasn't she just...whatever" was a good extension of this.

Next episode involves Urd's ex-boyfriend. Ho boy!

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes - Alternative TWO

The power of the Queen.

This time I learned about the grand history of London's subway system and that's about it. They toned down the whole London, London, London! aspect, well expect a visit to the Sherlock museum, but it wasn't so heavy-handed.

Though, the sky works quite weird in London.
The first image is less than five minutes before 8, the second is right after 8. It must suddenly become night time with a snap in London.

cajunator

Banned

The power of the Queen.

This time I learned about the grand history of London's subway system and that's about it. They toned down the whole London, London, London! aspect, well expect a visit to the Sherlock museum, but it wasn't so heavy-handed.

Though, the sky works quite weird in London.

The first image is less than five minutes before 8, the second is right after 8. It must suddenly become night time with a snap in London.

Can you stand on top of the millennium wheel like that? Not very safe...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

The power of the Queen.

Wait a second... That's not the Queen's English!

Actually during the winter is does feel like the moment you see it becoming a bit dark it becomes night five minutes later.

Steroyd

During winter, it does feel like it's like that, at least ever since the clocks went forward (or back, can't remember), I don't recall seeing an evening sky. :'(

Pooya

Tamako Market - 1

I only read a synopsis when it was announced and didn't watch any PV or seen anything else since, this wasn't quite what I was expecting, lol.

The characters all are seemingly maximum dumb, I liked the comedy mood of it overall and looks pretty nice too. Kayneth El-Melloi voice as the bird is quite amusing and the story seems to have fictional aspects to it not just another 'slice of life' show, could be fun, interested.

pretty OP/EDs too.

Kurita

Rich Man, Poor Woman 6

Seeing Hyuga all sad in his office was quite depressing...

Off to watch episode 7 (might watch some Freeter Ie wo Kau after that).

I like to know that people read it, even if it isn't a whole lot of 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom