• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

K-ON! OVA - Live House

Lol at Yui coming up with a bathhouse logo. And then I'm pretty sure she stole Java's logo.

I'm not sure copying all of the acoustic and lighting setups from the punk-looking girls was the best idea for After School Teatime, but whatever. Speaking of which, they sure seemed to take a liking to Yui.

They didn't show the actual performance. The fuck?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Vividred Operation - 01

QQwZq.png
JqeZG.png

Fanservice, yuri powaaaa, and awesome transformation sequences. Absolutely in for this one.

That ripple effect in the second screencap gives off that Lagrange vibe. Love it.

K-ON! OVA - Live House

Lol at Yui coming up with a bathhouse logo. And then I'm pretty sure she stole Java's logo.

I'm not sure copying all of the acoustic and lighting setups from the punk-looking girls was the best idea for After School Teatime, but whatever. Speaking of which, they sure seemed to take a liking to Yui.

They didn't show the actual performance. The fuck?

6FLgh.gif

The whole episode was basically showing the girls out of their element. Showing them stumbling about with their first concert outside of the school. Not the best episode, but I liked it.

Syrinx

6FLgh.gif

The whole episode was basically showing the girls out of their element. Showing them stumbling about with their first concert outside of the school. Not the best episode, but I liked it.

Are you absolutely sure there are K-ON! episodes you haven't made gifs from yet?

Maoyu 2
tumblr_mghckxPnCs1r193sio1_500.gif

I think Yuusha may perhaps be in the running with Mochizou for best character trapped in a bad anime. Maoyu is just really dull. Its like it has all these moments where you think its about to take off then it doesnt and instead goes into random dull lenghty discussion of Age of Empires stuff that no one even cares about. Why would anyone care about farming and rotating crops every four years. Just like in history class when I fell asleep during the discussion, I fell asleep here. And then the education even more dull if it wasnt for Kizoku shitei's voice (Alibaba), I probably wouldnt have finished the episode. I like Yuusha's voice too, so I guess Im now watching just for the voices.
And based on his statements, hes a good character design, but Im guessing he will be in the back seat and wont actually get any fighting action and swordplay which is way disappointing

The backgrounds really stand out though it feels way out of place though why not release and artbook of them.

With all my anime having aired, this and Tamako Market are perhaps the worst of the season for me.

Maoyu 2
tumblr_mghckxPnCs1r193sio1_500.gif

I think Yuusha may perhaps be in the running with Mochizou for best character trapped in a bad anime. Maoyu is just really dull. Its like it has all these moments where you think its about to take off then it doesnt and instead goes into random dull lenghty discussion of Age of Empires stuff that no one even cares about. Why would anyone care about farming and rotating crops every four years. Just like in history class when I fell asleep during this discussion, I fell asleep hear. And then the education even more dull if it wasnt for Kizoku shitei's voice (Alibaba), I probably wouldnt have finished the episode. I like Yuusha's voice too, so I guess Im now watching just for the voices.
And based on his statements, hes a good character design, but Im guessing he will be in the back seat and wont actually get any fighting action and swordplay which is way disappointing

The backgrounds really stand out though it feels way out of place though why not release and artbook of them.

With all my anime having aired, this and Tamako Market are perhaps the worst of the season for me.

Let me be clear this is NOT an anime about swordplay , but economics ( and a bit of politics ) Everyone is aware of it ..don't expect magic /swordplay to take an important role ..that's not the point .

Also this episode was actually good ..a decen exposition on how things matter in a small community and the MC is already wondering about his position in all of this .. what more do you want ??? it was anticipated as a "spice and wolf" - like show and it's delivering on that aspect.

Branduil

I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, thought it was basically a dense starchy marshmallow. Not something I'd probably willingly eat for pleasure, but not terrible. Out of all the mochi I tried, best flavor was probably black sesame. Find some if you haven't already.

I've tried a few red bean-flavored products recently as well and I just can't acclimate to it. Tastes like sugar and dirt.

I tried a strawberry one just now. Pretty good. I can see the marshmallow comparison.

Jintor

That sounds good, Ive been tempted to get this but I just never knew the plot or other specifics about what it entailed in the action department and characters.

Think rag-tag group of rebels with powers v secret cyborg organisation. There isn't really a strong secondary male around so that might not be great for you but it's otherwise pretty decent

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DTL I think you kind of miss the point of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. It was always a story about economics, and not one about adventure or battles. The anime only diluted the economics because they didn't want to lose all their viewers within the first week.

This is the eight page of the manga. As you can see, it makes no attempts to hide what the focus is. The anime is the one that suffers from identity issues.
%5BExtras%5DMaoyuu%20Maou%20Yuusha%20v01%20c01_009.png

As for "who cares about economics?": I do. There's enough manga about people beating the crap out of other people. A story that takes a nuanced look at the interrelationships between countries and factions in a time of war is a welcome change.

jgminto

Maoyu 2

God, that Chief Maid is such an annoying bitch. Acting all superior in front of the slaves. She's a maid all she does is clean, I wouldn't take that shit from her. Economics were cool and I did find them interesting. Characters were average. There isn't really anyone I actually like yet. Just some people I feel indifferent about and an annoying maid.

Jintor

On a side note,

has there been any anime or manga out there where the in-universe depiction of anime and manga is just actual photographs?

That kind of joke seems funny to me and maybe only me :T

Maoyu 2

God, that Chief Maid is such an annoying bitch. Acting all superior in front of the slaves. She's a maid all she does is clean, I wouldn't take that shit from her. Economics were cool and I did find them interesting. Characters were average. There isn't really anyone I actually like yet. Just some people I feel indifferent about and an annoying maid.

I can assure you that she does more than clean.
She is a "close AID" of the maou. Meaning that she does do a lot of stuff behind the scenes at various levels of difficulty.

Syrinx

Last night, watched

Cowboy Bebop 14

This may be one of my favorite episodes yet.

The revelation that
the Chessmaster had programmed his attack or whatnot half a century prior
was not something I saw coming. In the end, it actually made me more sad than anything. The scene where Spike, Faye, and Jet's old acquaintance confront him in the state he was in was pretty pathetic more than anything. The man was just senile, and when I figured out the reality, I just felt bad for the guy. Having to face that sort of thing without any idea what was going on, even though he didn't seem at all distressed...I don't know. Seeing Jet's acquaintance go insane and then become a member of the colony high as a kite was darkly humorous. But also pathetic.

Defuser

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha ep 2
Oh god, even in here I can't seem to escape Yuuki Kaji! This episode still hasn't set up much of the direction. Episode 3 should get things rolling by next week.

Xiaoki

Let me be clear this is NOT an anime about swordplay , but economics ( and a bit of politics ) Everyone is aware of it ..don't expect magic /swordplay to take an important role ..that's not the point .

Also this episode was actually good ..a decen exposition on how things matter in a small community and the MC is already wondering about his position in all of this .. what more do you want ??? it was anticipated as a "spice and wolf" - like show and it's delivering on that aspect.

There is a decent amount of swordplay in the manga, I would say that the manga has pretty much dropped the economics exposition recently. Which I am not a fan of.

Also, with how compressed the story was in this episode compared to the manga it could be more and more focused on the action elements later on. Which is understandable, it is an anime and they have to get people to watch it somehow.

wonzo

Banned
The first season looked like shit.

Maoyu 2

mmy2b.png

sorry but the maid owns

JCG

Still watching random old stuff behind the scenes, but anyway...

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - 2

You know, I thought this was alright. Not great, not terrible. Just alright. Comparatively speaking, you could argue that the first episode had better execution and worse content (though I still didn't dislike it as much as some around here apparently did). I guess the initial emphasis was placed on selling the product rather than on anything else...and probably for a good reason too, as cynical as it may be.

This one goes in exactly the opposite direction, more or less, despite the presence of maids (surprisingly not nearly as bad as I thought they would be). It's rather easy to criticize the sloppier technical merits, on paper, but I found most of the contents to be acceptable build-up for whatever is going to happen further down the road. A lot will depend on whether or not there is a good enough payoff for all this in the end.

It's still going through purely introductory material, no doubt, yet I also felt the two main characters gradually came across as slightly better people this time around. It does seem like they won't have the extraordinary level of interpersonal banter that those who watched Spice and Wolf may expect, but I find they're becoming less annoying even within their archetypes. That's a step in the right direction, if nothing else. In terms of voice acting....I like Maou better than Yuusha. The rest of them are fine, I suppose.

Having said all that, I'm not particularly interested in criticizing the accuracy of the economics used here, at least not as a serious subject of study. I can simply appreciate them as part of an attempt to create a slightly more complex RPG/fantasy world than what is usually found in most anime. If the resulting situations are interesting, I don't mind if they slip up on the exact details.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Gundam 14

Not the greatest episode, but not especially bad. Only noteworthy thing was Bright and Mirai's impeccable ability to tell that those were the guys what planted them bombs. And that Frau Bow really wants some Amuro time, but Amuro is hell bent on making her an unlucky childhood friend.

cajunator

Banned
Vividred Operation - 01

Fanservice, yuri powaaaa, and awesome transformation sequences. Absolutely in for this one.

That ripple effect in the second screencap gives off that Lagrange vibe. Love it.

This does look rather cool.
Will check it tomorrow.

With your taste it's probably for the best.

A junior with some cojones XD

I tried a strawberry one just now. Pretty good. I can see the marshmallow comparison.

Mochi doesnt taste like marshmallow to me.
What does however is turkish delights.
They taste exactly like marshmallows.

You should take the advise of:

Dr. Strangehnnng, or how I stopped caring and learned to love the Meat.

;P (don't mind me kayos, just messin' with ya)

Have you watched Mondaiji? Oh god its so adorable.

Jarmel

Banned
Vividred Operation 1-

Absolutely stupid shit. I can't even get over basic facts in this world like how probably one of the most famous scientists of all time is broke and working on his own dime.

maoyuu 2

not really feeling it atm, but it doesn't stop demon king to being the most adorable thing of the season so far <3

meaty thighs are the best thighs.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 38

So this Troubadour assbag, way back when, broke up with Urd. Broke up with Urd. To chase some stupid scroll. ARE YOU FUCKING READING WHAT I'M WRITING?! HE DUMPED URD! FUCKING URD!

Then Captain Dickpipe comes back all of a sudden and acts like Urd is just supposed to come back to his pathetic ass, and tries to win her back with his stupid lyre. Fuck off, twisty balls, Urd's too damn good for you. And she lets him know it, by shocking his miserable ass over and over again. These parts rocked tits. But this prickshit is stubborn and persistent as all hell, and decides to keep going.

Then there's an awesome scene where she walks in naked on Keiichi naked. She offers to rub his back for fun. Keiichi's a derpass who tries to decline, though his reasoning is noble I suppose. Derpy McShitkazoo bursts in and tries to kill Keiichi. Oh yeah, what was with his lame-ass bug song. "BUGS and BUGS and BUGS and BUGS and BUGS and Fuck you and your shitty bug song". Then it turns out he needed a tear from Urd to open his scroll.

This guy should have his long pointy ears tied behind his head, then have a dunce cap stapled to his head in 50 different places. Then he should be forced to walk around with a noisemaker permanently affixed in his ass while walking around with a giant tattoo that says "I'm a pathetic dumbass", which should also be pressed into every piece of clothing he owns, as well as any piece of clothing he may own in the future.

Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo 1

bunny girl is the best part. And the reverb on them explosions/speed dashes are good good.

Wish I give a shit about any of the other characters though.

Nafe

It's really dumb. I mean, we get it, she's super busty. The moo sound effect is just stupid overkill and demeaning. :(

Yeah, it was maybe funny at first but now it seems like it's just picking on someone. At times bust jokes can still be funny,such as how it was done in Puchimas but others times it does come across as almost demeaning.

I think it's a new character, but generally agree with your feelings of this episode.

Oh is it? Ah, alright then.

I think they did that in the first season, or maybe it was one of the OVAs. And Sena is the best!

Haha, I think I can see why you like her.

The animeGAF historians Nafe will always remember.

Haha, yeah, you might be surprised at some of the different crazy things I remember being posted in the anime threads.

Yoiko - 02

http://i.imgur.com/jDrhP.jpg?1[IMG]

I love rabbits to.

*slaps self*

She's an elementary school girl!![/QUOTE]

[B]Ro-Kyu-Bu[/B]'s "Primary school girls are great!" etc.

[quote="CUD, post: 46336892"]With your taste it's probably for the best.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Nafe, post: 46332470"]Someone almost needs to gif the two of them high fiving each other for [B]when someone here comes up with a zinger sometime in the future.[/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][img]http://i.imgur.com/KuqPS.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ah! My Goddess 38

So this Troubadour assbag, way back when, broke up with Urd. Broke up with Urd. To chase some stupid scroll. ARE YOU FUCKING READING WHAT I'M WRITING?! HE DUMPED URD! FUCKING URD!

Then Captain Dickpipe comes back all of a sudden and acts like Urd is just supposed to come back to his pathetic ass, and tries to win her back with his stupid lyre. Fuck off, twisty balls, Urd's too damn good for you. And she lets him know it, by shocking his miserable ass over and over again. These parts rocked tits. But this prickshit is stubborn and persistent as all hell, and decides to keep going.

Then there's an awesome scene where she walks in naked on Keiichi naked. She offers to rub his back for fun. Keiichi's a derpass who tries to decline, though his reasoning is noble I suppose. Derpy McShitkazoo bursts in and tries to kill Keiichi. Oh yeah, what was with his lame-ass bug song. "BUGS and BUGS and BUGS and BUGS and BUGS and Fuck you and your shitty bug song". Then it turns out he needed a tear from Urd to open his scroll.

This guy should have his long pointy ears tied behind his head, then have a dunce cap stapled to his head in 50 different places. Then he should be forced to walk around with a noisemaker permanently affixed in his ass while walking around with a giant tattoo that says "I'm a pathetic dumbass", which should also be pressed into every piece of clothing he owns, as well as any piece of clothing he may own in the future.

Seriously, what kind of moron would dump URD of all people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom