• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Chihayafuru S2 1

BSpS2.gif

I don't care if I don't understand the poems. I don't care if the game seems silly. I like this show. Nice to see some new cast members being thrown into the mix. Not much else to say. It's more Chihayafuru.

Kana-chan ain't gonna be accepting any of your cheekiness!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chihayafuru S2 1

http://i.imgur.com/BSpS2.gif

I don't care if I don't understand the poems. I don't care if the game seems silly. I like this show. Nice to see some new cast members being thrown into the mix. Not much else to say. It's more Chihayafuru.

Kana-chan ain't gonna be accepting any of your cheekiness!

You should watch UtaKoi. In fact, everyone should watch UtaKoi. lol

CorvoSol

Gundam AGE 14

Maybe I'd give a damn if 1) They'd ever taken the time to develop Yurin's relationship with Flit, and 2) At least one aspect of this fight wasn't stolen from somewhere else.

I mean look with me:
Shiny pink laser flowers? Marluxia in Chain of Memories.
Fight the woman you love to the death? Can't even begin to count.
Creepy child antagonist? Hello, there's this thing called anime and its full of them.

Oh God, not another "girl you didn't even like dies and protagonist has a total meltdown about it" scene. They sucked in SEED and they're worse now.

UGH UGH. And here I was getting ready to say the show had entered a phase of "it's not actively bad atm, just dull as hell."

Oh for the love of- he doesn't even KILL him! Jeez, Flit, GROW A PAIR. Kira didn't hesitate to try and kill Athrun, and he'd done way less than Desil's done. Really?

SO SICK OF THIS GOD MODING PUNK.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You should watch UtaKoi. In fact, everyone should watch UtaKoi. lol

I watched the first three episodes. It just didn't grab me. It's not like I didn't like it, but I was never compelled to catchup with it on a weekly basis and soon I just forgot about it.

K-ON! 13

So this episode was just the girls doing their own thing for the most part.

Mio, how the hell did you think sitting by the shoreline in the middle of winter was going to be a good atmosphere for writing lyrics? You couldn't even keep your notebook on the same page, and every time you try to have a thought or idea, all you can think is "FUCK IT"S COLD!" Bad idea.

Ritsu thinks she got a love letter They were actually lyrics from Mio. Those lyrics kinda are strikingly about Ritsu, so I understand her confusion.

Mugi got a job. She was having way too much fun at first. Then she almost started crying cause she got an order wrong and bumped into a fellow worker and spilled a coke on her. Toughen up, Mugi. You're prolly gonna have to face some really obnoxious customers at some point.

Azusa was watching an adorable kitten. I nearly had a hnnnngggggg overload when the kitten was stretching out with her and then sat in her lap. I thought it just had a hairball (how do you not know that cats get hairballs, Azusa?), but I was still worried as fuck because it's a goddamn kitten.

Yui and Ui went shopping for sabe or something. Chocolate curry sounds nasty as fuck.
xR4o7.gif

And the lyrics Mio wrote were strikingly about Ritsu because she was probably thinking of her when she wrote them.
Now that I'm done with Season 1 of K-ON! I might start to address my backlog a bit.
You missed the first season's OVA, Live House! And there's the even more awesome second season!

Sentai is definitely impresdsing me with the amount of license pick ups. they have to be getting these at bargain prices to get so many. I can remember the ridiculous prices being asked of ADV and Geneon a few years back and thats why they dont exist anymore.

Sentai filmworks is a subsidiary of what used to be ADV, so they had to have learned from those mistakes and have a better business model. Still, they will keep me buying stuff so good on them.

I wish the other companies would step up and get as much as Sentai. Though Im always tied to getting viz releases cause of Bleach and Naruto Shippuden and was glad they expanded to non manga titles like K, Accel World, and Langrange. Never had considered Aniplex before until Durarara!! lunchbox set and makes me wish they do more anime, hopefully Magi and Blast of Tempest get good treatment but I dont think those will be out in 2013...and Nisa with Brave 10, Natsume, and Daily Lives Highschool Boys.

I wish Funimation would do better, I think Im barely getting anything from them this year except for Psycho Pass, Robotics;Notes, Guilty Crown, Toriko, One Piece, Fairy Tail Code:Breaker, Kingdom, Baka and Test, Mirai Nikki and hopefully Evangelion and Railgun?

Hm and I only got like two Bandai stuff, Star Driver and Gundam 00...why is no one picking up there stuff. I need Wing and Sacred Seven.

I wish the other companies would step up and get as much as Sentai. Though Im always tied to getting viz releases cause of Bleach and Naruto Shippuden and was glad they expanded to non manga titles like K, Accel World, and Langrange. Never had considered Aniplex before until Durarara!! lunchbox set and makes me wish they do more anime, hopefully Magi and Blast of Tempest get good treatment but I dont think those will be out in 2013...and Nisa with Brave 10, Natsume, and Daily Lives Highschool Boys.

I wish Funimation would do better, I think Im barely getting anything from them this year except for Psycho Pass, Robotics;Notes, Guilty Crown, Toriko, One Piece, Fairy Tail Code:Breaker, Kingdom, Baka and Test, Mirai Nikki and hopefully Evangelion and Railgun?

Hm and I only got like two Bandai stuff, Star Driver and Gundam 00...why is no one picking up there stuff. I need Wing and Sacred Seven.

That Funi list seems be quite lot for barely getting anything from them.

Also, Bandai's dead.

Syrinx

xR4o7.gif

And the lyrics Mio wrote were strikingly about Ritsu because she was probably thinking of her when she wrote them.

You missed the first season's OVA, Live House! And there's the even more awesome second season!

I don't wanna get burnout maaaaannnnnnn.

Also thank you for replying cause I felt for a moment like everyone was ignoring me. :)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What did I miss? I just remember trying to watch SAO and then not watching because I wanted to read the novels first (never did).
Nothing much, anime is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead. So watch Hataraki Man/Hourou Musuko/Windy Tales/that other show in the OP with us.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't wanna get burnout maaaaannnnnnn.

Also thank you for replying cause I felt for a moment like everyone was ignoring me. :)

I read them, but its been so long since I watched K-On I basically forgotten everything about it thus I didn't really have anything to say. It's like Nafe's long review where he thanked anyone for reading it. I couldn't think of anything to say to it despite reading it.

Gundam AGE 14

Oh for the love of- he doesn't even KILL him! Jeez, Flit, GROW A PAIR. Kira didn't hesitate to try and kill Athrun, and he'd done way less than Desil's done. Really?

SO SICK OF THIS GOD MODING PUNK.

i though i told you everyone's dumb in G.age ? i guess you didn't believe me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Chihayafuru S2 01:

Just for this week, I'm going to forget my trepidation about the show continuing on S1's downward narrative trajectory and just say YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MIRACLE OF MIRACLES IT'S FUCKING BACK YESSSSSSSSSSS

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I can never stay mad at you for long, Chihayafuru.
except when Arata is involved

Zettai Junpaku_ Mahou Shoujo
i watched this very late ...
i'm actually surprised ..i haven't checked but this concept can only come from someone who has made COMIKET doujinshis.
I mean look at those designs !!!

It was way too short ...

i've finally found someone as broken as nanoha in the "shoot them all - magical girl " category .

Even nanoha & raging heart weren't doing so much at once !! Heck even kira in strike freedom couldn't target so many .!!
That's kinda broken ...

Anyway i wish a set of oav could be made just so i could enjoy those delicious designs more ...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sasami 01

What a completely inane piece of misogynistic garbage. Girl unable to eat, wash, or even dress herself without the help of a man. A man whom every girl in the show has a thing for for no reason.

Trash. Hogwash. Despicable. I question Japan's culture.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I watched the first three episodes. It just didn't grab me. It's not like I didn't like it, but I was never compelled to catchup with it on a weekly basis and soon I just forgot about it.
It's fairly episodic, although characters from one arc move on to the next. I think if you can find a hook in the historical nature of the show, you might enjoy it.

I agree. 2012's most under...watched show.
Yep, pretty much!

ntr, unrequited love and loveless marriages; the card game
Also, being a woman is suffering.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hmm, mochi is pretty good. The texture is surprising, I expected it to be firmer. Not so sure about the red bean paste though.

I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, thought it was basically a dense starchy marshmallow. Not something I'd probably willingly eat for pleasure, but not terrible. Out of all the mochi I tried, best flavor was probably black sesame. Find some if you haven't already.

I've tried a few red bean-flavored products recently as well and I just can't acclimate to it. Tastes like sugar and dirt.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Maoyuu 02:

The hideous "photograph hastily run through a photoshop filter" backgrounds are almost enough by themselves to get me to drop this, but I see no reason to continue to watch in the absence of any sort of chemistry or good dialogue between Maou and Yuusha. If I ever find myself particularly interested in medieval economics, I'll find a book on the subject and sidestep the weebification of the subject entirely. Dropped.

Syrinx

I read them, but its been so long since I watched K-On I basically forgotten everything about it thus I didn't really have anything to say. It's like Nafe's long review where he thanked anyone for reading it. I couldn't think of anything to say to it despite reading it.

I didn't mean K-ON stuff, I just meant in general. I was just being paranoid lol.

Jintor

Towa no Quon 01

Basic story but super-well animated with some cool characters, decent dubbing (except Quon ugggggggggggggh) and some cool powers.

wonzo

Banned
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 2

mmy2.jpg

Yeah, this is definitely better when they aren't shoving the Demon Queen's breasts down our throats and actually start touching upon agriculture and the social divide between the Kingdoms.

also head maid, maid sisters and the female knight next epiosde yyeeaaaaaa

Also, being a woman is suffering.
Yeah but that's pretty much a given when it involves historical romance (or history in general really).

cajunator

Banned

trejo

Senyuu GJ-bu Kotoura-san BokutomoNEXT Sasami-san@Ganbaranai VividredOperation Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo Oreshura Love Live 1

It's all shit.

I think it's time to take a little break from anime.

CUD

Banned
Senyuu GJ-bu Kotoura-san BokutomoNEXT Sasami-san@Ganbaranai VividredOperation Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo Oreshura Love Live 1

It's all shit.

I think it's time to take a little break from anime.
With your taste it's probably for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom