• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

How about things that will never fit (fit in), like that fucking Taxi Driver BD which is horizontally wider than any of the 120+ BDs in my collection, so the entire thing just sticks out awkwardly?

God, that thing pisses me off!
Good thing the release I have is just a normal BD case with a slipcover. I know what you mean though. It's an issue with these paper wallet case releases. At least when the height is standard you can sort of push them in behind the shelf so you don't have to see that.

ib0Jnmb3gx8NDE.png

Fairy Tail 164
tumblr_mgihxtplUR1qc5wono2_250.gif
tumblr_mgihxtplUR1qc5wono3_250.gif
tumblr_mgihxtplUR1qc5wono4_250.gif

Was as expected, liked the snake's thing as it really looks good to me in fights when we have huge creatures that can wind everywhere and what not. I guess I like when its drawn versus the style employed in the Naruto Shippuden power arc.

Post battle stuff was fun though an odd place to end on
why not have gone the full way and stopped it when he asked her to strip or something, the way the episode did made it almost seem like she was receiving no punishment beyond just a pat on the hand and had to wait until the preview to see that she will in fact get punished

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Vividred Operation 1:

I dunno if I can handle the incongruity of how clean and wholesome this tries to be in some respects with the really detailed ass shots of little girls. I thought I was done within seconds of the show opening with that totally-serious shot of
the sun rising between the girl's legs as the rays illuminate the defined silhouette of her labia
but......I persevered through the rest out of morbid curiosity.

Basically, everything outside of the awkward titillation is an inoffensively generic amalgamation of "mecha first episode" tropes, which enhances the impression that this is a depressingly manufactured and hollow vehicle for a handful of ass shots. It's a lot of effort for something that fails to fulfill even its least-ambitious purposes because it's too damned creepy and voyeuristic to enjoy. I knew there would be ass, but this isn't hometown, it's the bushes across the street from the community playground.

I guess I'll just watch the transformation sequences on youtube.

Cuticle Detective Inaba 2
tumblr_mgigieMrKn1rol2c0o1_500.gif
tumblr_mgi01xyoAu1rfp5pbo2_500.gif

I hope Ogata returns, he was so funny and his love for Inaba knew had no limits. Kind of funny how everyone wants Inaba, and Kei was funny too with his moments with Ogino, hope theres more. This anime is way too hilarious, both skits I almost couldnt stop laughing. I think probably my favorite this season. Even Don Valentino and Lorenzo moments.

Actually kind of want the soundtrack, favorite song was when they played it over the case debriefing in skit 1.

sonicmj1

Cool then.

I just finished being LTTP for Eureka Seven.

I liked the series overall. It was a bit uneven and some of characters were poorly developed. The art was good with some gorgeous sequences here and there.

I also watched the movie. God, that was bad. The first five minutes or so had some fantastic art, made me really excited about the movie I was going to be watching but then.....

Just started on Eureka Seven: AO but not far enough to form an opinion except......goddamn Bones stepped up the visuals! Very nice.

Don't get too excited about AO.

fertygo

Vividred Operation 1:

I dunno if I can handle the incongruity of how clean and wholesome this tries to be in some respects with the really detailed ass shots of little girls. I thought I was done within seconds of the show opening with that totally-serious shot of
the sun rising between the girl's legs as the rays illuminate the defined silhouette of her labia
but......I persevered through the rest out of morbid curiosity.

Basically, everything outside of the awkward titillation is an inoffensively generic amalgamation of "mecha first episode" tropes, which enhances the impression that this is a depressingly manufactured and hollow vehicle for a handful of ass shots. It's a lot of effort for something that fails to fulfill even its least-ambitious purposes because it's too damned creepy and voyeuristic to enjoy. I knew there would be ass, but this isn't hometown, it's the bushes across the street from the community playground.

I guess I'll just watch the transformation sequences on youtube.
Too bad, I think at very least the premiere was good. The girl does need wear some pant though, but perhaps I already witness worse in SW.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Vividred Operation - 01

This was really lively, entertaining, and had a lot of forward momentum that the 24 minutes felt like they flew by. It's silly and fun stuff. The transformation scene was pretty awesome.

Yeah the transformation scene was sick.

MadPierrot you are killing me! D:

@fertygo: same here, I thought it was a really solid premiere ep.

duckroll

From the New World - Episode 15

This entire arc has been pretty solid so far and this is no exception. The only weak episode in this bunch of episodes was probably ep13. Like the last episode, this week there are more disturbing revelations, and together with the prior information we have, there's a relatively clear picture of the future being painted - a very unsettling one. Definitely a good thing for this series, since it thrives on being disturbing.

Some of the direction in this episode felt a bit flat to me, but there were also some great moments. What carried the episode was the content and writing, so that's a pretty good sign for the series at large, since the actual narrative is pretty engaging and the revelations are compelling.

My favorite scenes in this episode belong to Squealer, and I have to say I really love the way the character is being depicted in the series. Both the animation and the voice acting work together to create a very detestable character, one who is opportunistic, manipulative, and yet overly pretentious in playing the role he wants society to see him in. I hate every scene he's in, but in a good way.

Looks like the current arc is going to wrap up next week. I'm kinda... afraid to see where the series will go in the final arc.

Kurita

What's the name of the upcoming anime with huge boats? (that's a vague description, I know)
I remember that someone posted the characters weeks ago.

Novid

Banned
congrats on that raise cajin. that oil industry son. if i was there drinks for all of yalls with a couple of ace's remixes blaring.

Dresden

chihayafuru S2 - 01

876Qol.jpg

Unfortunately for Hanano, she is stuck in a josei manga.

This is so... Chihayafuru. It's the exact same show I remember it being, both the good and the bad. The caruta is still boring. The relationships will never go anywhere. Taichi affirms his friendzone. Chihaya pushes onward with her monomaniacal interest. Arata isn't around. At this point there's no drama to push things along, only the very distant idea of a rival that takes backseat to the immediate task of recruiting and training. It's a josei series with the dead beginnings of a shoujo romance and the trappings of a sports shonen, but with none of the escalation or the tensions of the latter.

And it's all done so competently that I enjoy watching it anyways.

Novid

Banned
chihayafuru S2 - 01

876Qol.jpg

Unfortunately for Hanano, she is stuck in a josei manga.

This is so... Chihayafuru. It's the exact same show I remember it being, both the good and the bad. The caruta is still boring. The relationships will never go anywhere. Taichi affirms his friendzone. Chihaya pushes onward with her monomaniacal interest. Arata isn't around. At this point there's no drama to push things along, only the very distant idea of a rival that takes backseat to the immediate task of recruiting and training. It's a josei series with the dead beginnings of a shoujo romance and the trappings of a sports shonen, but with none of the escalation or the tensions of the latter.

And it's all done so competently that I enjoy watching it anyways.

its a miricle it even got a second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom