• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmurphy

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 13

Sorata's Perpetual Baka Syndrome kicks intofull gear. How does he wipe away all the character development he's had in the first season? Amazing.

New OP/ED don't seem as good as the first season's.

Ezalc

Psycho Pass 12
Dat X-man Yayoi, goddamn. Really weird how, before she was always portrayed as really distant and cold, then now you get an episode of her being nothing but emotional. I found it really odd, first time she's even gotten any kind of attention, which is a shame since she's a million times hotter than derpface Akane.

Branduil

From the New World 14

izuWkiao0BNSb.jpg

Good times. The revelation that
Tomiko is 267
certainly answers some of the questions raised by her previous stories. The casual reveal of the
tainted cats
in the hearth was nicely done too. The
board of education
certainly seems like a bunch of despicable cowards at first glance, even if it is understandable why they'd be that way. They also kind of suck at lying.

There wasn't much exciting in the way of animation in this episode, but the facial expressions were effective at communicating unsaid relationships, which was good since the episode was mostly conversations. I look forward to the next episode and the reappearance of my favorite character.

Maedhros

Pokemon BW 01~32

Why the hell this anime has more quality animation than One Piece? I mean, I know Pokemon is huge in Japan... so is One Piece, they could use a better budget too.

Anyway, even though Ash was reseted to a fucking noob, like every other region, I'm liking this season so far. I don't like Iris personallity, though. Team Rocket got a lot better too.

Chihayafuru 2 1:
Chihayafuru is back, bitches.

This episode did a nice job of getting back into the swing of things. It was nice to see how everyone's perspective on the role of the club was different. Taichi also continues to be awesome, and Kana-chan had some really nice moments here. It's nice to see her stepping up and being more assertive.

Nisa releases are amazing.

They'd be better if not for the fact that they're sub only.

Sweet. I wonder if Togashi will have any involvement in this one. Either way, it's nice to see Hunter x Hunter's profile increasing in the anime world lately, as opposed to just being a really popular manga.

I don't see an anime recommendation thread so I'll just ask here.

I was wondering if you people could recommend me an anime series?

I want something a bit adventurous but well written and not too childish.

Martian Successor Nadesico
Eureka Seven
Fate/Zero
Bunny Drop
Casshern Sins
Yu Yu Hakusho
Fist of the North Star
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Space Brothers
Wandering Son

https://twitter.com/crazyjapannews/status/290006719000612864

I guess no one else posted about this yet, but this coming week's Shounen Sunday confirms that Silver Spoon will be adapted into an anime on noitaminA. There are apparently no other details.

noitaminA is saved!

Great news. That gives me a lot of faith that they'll handle this well.

I'm home now and in a very good mood. the boss gave me a nice raise. He says the second highest raise in our division. Life is good.
I guess sometimes if you work your ass off the higher ups do notice it.
He said and I quote " You do a really fucking good job, pardon my french". He's a nice guy and I enjoy working for him.

Wow, that's awesome.

Also, I guess Aniplex of America will be getting a lot more money pretty soon.

Miracles are supposed to be good things.

There was a line.

It has now been thoroughly crossed.

Syrinx

Girls und Panzer 9

Okay, I'm not somebody who questions what works. So Nishizumi deserves immense credit for grasping victory out of the jaws of defeat (I can't wait to see what becomes of that other team's pipsqueak captain). THAT BEING SAID, why the hell didn't they just bust out of the siege while the other team was sitting around eating borsch and can-canning? Nobody said they had to give you three hours to surrender. Play dirty, goddammit!

Hana's a fucking cowboy. She fucking hits that shit when she needs to.

You guys are right, this show did get a lot better over the last two episodes. Hopefully they can maintain that momentum into the downtime of the series as well as the tank battles.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Now those are some terrible push-ups."

She can't go all the way down cause her tits are in the way.

Haly

"Why is Haly teknopathetic's doppelganger now?"

And that is the luckiest floor in anime.

Haly

Neither have I, I don't know how he keeps up with it.

jbug617

Banned
Jojo 14

Wow, Santana has nothing on those guys. I have a feeling that was just a warm up on what they did and I can't wait to see them at full power.

Nafe

I generally read all impressions, unless it's for something I've yet to watch, though that only really applies to the more plot-driven shows. Or you know, the thread unfortunately passes me by, as we can only read so much!
Although I'm sure that Nafe would probably argue against this!

Haha, I went back a few pages to read what I had missed and came across this. Yeah, I still spend too much time reading but at least with some shows actually airing now it seems the thread has slowed to a more reasonable pace again. Which I much more prefer.

I read them, but its been so long since I watched K-On I basically forgotten everything about it thus I didn't really have anything to say. It's like Nafe's long review where he thanked anyone for reading it. I couldn't think of anything to say to it despite reading it.

Thanks. :)
That's okay,I'm the same way with a lot of people's impressions too. They can be entertaining or insightful to read but I just might not have anything I feel is really interesting or constructive to add to it. It's just nice to know that people are reading them.

Hmm, mochi is pretty good. The texture is surprising, I expected it to be firmer. Not so sure about the red bean paste though.

Have you gotten a chance to watch the first episode of Tamako Market yet?

Truly the keeper of the archives.

pOVUi.jpg

Watching over all the realities of AnimeGaf.

Speaking for myself, I had trouble just kind of bringing myself in here. I didn't want to say "Hi, Anime-GAF, I'm Syrinx." I'm just not comfortable doing stuff like that. I personally needed some sort of in, so I jumped in when somebody, I think Mad Pierrot, started watching Sailor Moon Super S, and I could actually come in and contribute.

Then I started watching more animu and posting my impressions here, and now the good majority of my now thousand posts are in this community.

I was kind of the opposite in that I didn't want to feel like I was just butting in but I didn't really want to derail the thread either. I made a response to firehawk as well then and so I did my introduction post like this.

I finally watched a bit of the K-On!! dub and funny enough, for episode 27, they changed the English into French. I guess it wouldn't make sense otherwise, but given that the whole point was to set up their London trip, it just makes no sense.

Yeah, I guess I can see them wanting to keep the idea of the girls speaking a foreign language but it doesn't really make sense you're right. It reminds me when watching a YouTube ad for the English dub or something the girls pronounced the title like "Kay-On" instead of "Kay-Own". I know that's how it looks with the spelling but it doesn't really make sense now either. What is "Kay-On" supposed to stand for?

My favourite sets are still the Aria ones in terms of just all the interviews and production stuff they managed to get and cram onto the discs.
(Although season 1 was annoying because the special feature was spread out across the entire set :p)

Did Aria have any physical bonuses as well or was it all on disk?

I have to say I think the only thing I really like from collector's eds of anything might be full OSTs and Artbooks, as long as neither are those god damn abridged versions.

The same for me. I know some like cajunator have mentioned they like figurines and posters and stuff like that but I'm only really interested in the music or art really. If a release just has all that other stuff then I'd rather get just the show(or game) as part of a standard release.

Hey, I like her for more than just her meat!

Haha, yeah, I was just joking around.

Stulaw

Oreshura Episode 1
I was going through the episode, thinking "I've seen this somewhere before, I know I have", and it wasn't because it was some generic Harem animé plot no, and then at the end Masuzu pull out Eita's diary and it finally clicked, I've read the manga adaptation and only saw the cover of the Light Novel the day before. Still I'll keep watching since I like this type of stuff.

Theonik

Did he ever explain why he does this? It sucks ass, both from a posting and reading perspective.
I think he did once it boiled down to something like It's unique and no worse than normal quotes. That was before quotes were linked though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom