• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Sweet red beans are the best. Goes well on shaved ice as well. I guess it might feel weird if you didn't grow up eating it.

It's just weird because I recognize the texture of the beans but not the sweetness artificially added to them. That and beans are not really thought of as pastry filling in the west.

Open Backlog Schedule

Hataraki Man - Monday

Wandering Son - Tuesday

Mouryou no Hako - Wednesday

Windy Tales - Thursday

Next week is episode 2 week.

Guess I'll be pulling double-duty next week.

Jarmel

Banned
What other people seem to condemn as illogical or stupid in this show, I accept and enjoy as part of the show’s style.

Not everything has to be constructed like 19th-century naturalistic fiction. We post-20th century readers/viewers can accept stories that sketch characters rather than drawing them in detail, and that jump quickly from event to event, rather than hand-holding us through everything.

Conveying the feelings of the characters is what counts, and this show is doing it, for me.

What the fuck does this even mean? I understand what he's literally typing but I would need a lot of evidence to draw anything similar conclusion-wise.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Shin Seikai Yori / From The New World #15

The science nerd in me loved the whole discussion between Saki and Satoru about the nature of morality. Even if the whole conversation was rather cliche and typical within the context of the conversation.

This episode was pretty standard from a direction stand-point. But the content was so good. Really excited about how this arc is going conclude!

Theonik

Urusei Yatsura 01
This whole thing is absurd but so fun. I also watched the NA dub which I'm sure made it even more absurd. (Lum = French accent. Why? Beats me!) I like how quickly the plot develops in this. Not wasting any time between gags at all. Also tits.

Dresden

Urusei Yatsura 01
This whole thing is absurd but so fun. I also watched the NA dub which I'm sure made it even more absurd. (Lum = French accent. Why? Beats me!) I like how quickly the plot develops in this. Not wasting any time between gags at all. Also tits.

All I remember are the nipples.

Hidamari Sketch x 365 7 (rewatch)

UK51S.jpg
kaBKK.jpg

This is definitely my favorite season of the series.

Dresden

So after like a week of new shows, stuff I'm still watching -

Tamako Market
JoJo (carryover from Winter)
Shin Sekai Yori (catching up)
Chihayafuru S2

"They're only three minutes long" tier:

Yama no Susume
Senyuu

Tentative; possibly dropping:

Vividred Operation (enjoyed the intro, not confident it won't slip further into lolibuttsville; cg)
Sasami-san @ Ganbaranai

Probably dropping soon:

Sakurasou (RIP)
Haganai NEXT
Kotoura-san (how will it do once the novelty of that opening fades?)

Dropped:

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
OreShura

Other:

Mouryou no Hako (backlog season #3)
Windy Tales (backlog season #4)
Hyouka (rewatch)
Jinrui (wrapping up the final three episodes)

---

(Planning on) watching more anime than Fall, actually.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
What I'm watching

Tamako Market
Shin Seikai Yori

Dropped

Everything else

Backlog

Girls and Panzer
One Piece Special : Episode of Nami
Code;breaker
Jo-Jo Bizarre Adventure
Joshiraku
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Tari Tari

Hoping to finish all of these before the voting ends.

Digimon Adventures s1 36 - 42

Just two more discs to go. Anyway really good set, didnt think there was more here in season one beyond the ultimate level so was surprised
when we got Wargreymon, epic incarnate and I love how he appears so much. I need Patamon to warp digivolve just to see what he becomes. Even more was that Gatomon was already champion level, how is she able to stay like that and not exhaust her energy like everyone else?

Digivolutions never get old even though it seems they take up like at least 25% of some of these episodes, especially when theres tons of fights and multiple of the digidestined go from rooking level on up.

I miss the human world, digiworld is a bit too non modernized, so sad were back here :(

Quasar

For me, I'm sticking with:

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
Kotoura-san
Chihayafuru 2
Zetsuen no Tempest
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

On the fence (giving them another episode):
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Vividred Operation

Dropped:
Amnesia
Cuticle Tantei Inaba
Ishida to Asakura
Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited - Hyoubu Kyousuke
Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun
Love Live! School Idol Project
Senran Kagura
Tamako Market
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

Soma

Good timing, I was just looking over my watching list too.

From this season
Maoyuu - It's pretty ugly/distracting visual-wise but I enjoy the source material.
Tamako Market - While I'm personally not really into it, it's definitely not bad. Will watch every now and then.
Sasami - It's weird but still somewhat entertaining.
Haganai S2 - Eh guilty pleasure just like the first season.
Yama no Susume - Looks p good, need to start this.

Dropped
OreShura - I'll stick with the manga.
Everything else

Continuing from last season
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Shinsekai Yori

Backlog
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Serial Experiments Lain
Utena
Eden of the East
Aoi Hana
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru

fertygo

Just watching these for this season.

The Unlimited
Maou Yuusha
Tamako Market
Haganai NEXT
Vividred (gonna drop fast if its sucked past ep1 tho)

And carry over from last season, shitty season.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Awesome.

Watching:
Chihayafuru 2
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha (probably going into the backlog)
Senran Kagura (probably going into the backlog)
Tamako Market

Dropped:
OreShura
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai

Continuing:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Magi
Robotics;Notes
Shinsekai yori
Zetsuen no Tempest

Backlog:
Hataraki Man
Mouryou no Hako
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Wandering Son
Windy Tales

It's a lot!

Noirulus

Backlog

Joshiraku
Jinrui
Teekyuu
Girls und Panzer
Jo-Jo
Shin Sekai Yori
Space Brothers
Code:Breaker
Sakamichi no Apollon

I probably won't even be able to scratch half this list by the 29th, but I would at least be able to give a decent top 5 for the AOTY voting.

Edit: I'll probably be watching SDF Macross/Ginga e Kickoff!!/Banner of the Stars as well.

Edit2: Also adding Robotics;Notes and Kokoro Connect to the list. Lord knows i'll even finish 'em.

Here's what I got.

This season:
Boku wa Tomodachi S2
Chihayafuru 2
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
OreShura
Puchimas!
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Senran Kagura
Tamako Market
Vividred Operation
Yama no Susume

Stuff from last season(s):
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Magi
Psycho-Pass
Space Bros

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yama no Susume - 02

r9vXM.png

Dat encouragement!

For a 5 minute show, they certainly have some amazing background art.

======================

Since we're talking about lists, here's mine:

Watching
Tamako Market
Senran Kagura
Vividred Operation
Haganai NEXT
Yama no Susume
Maoyuu
Sasami-san@

Continuing From Last Season
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
Magi
Zetsuen no Tempest
Psycho-Pass
From the New World (I'll get caught up eventually)
Sakurasou (need to get caught up, ugh)

Backlog
HeartCatch Precure
Mobile Suite Gundam 0079

cajunator

Banned
Watching:

Maoyuu maou yuusha
Vividred operation
Mondaiji
Tamako Market
Sasami san
Chihayafuru s2

Still watching:

Shin sekai yori
Jojo
Space bros
Hidamari sketchy

Watching lists, eh? Alright then.

Watching to end from this season even if I hate myself for it

Haganai Next
The Unlimited

Has potential and probably won't drop, but might

Cuticle Detective
Kotoura-San
Mondaiji

It's less than 5 minutes, so what the hell
My little sister can't be this Osaka
Senyuu
Ishida to Asakura
Mangirl

Dropped
Senran Kagura
Sasami-san
Spice and Wolf season 3

Continuing from past seasons
JoJo
Robotics;Notes
Psycho Pass
Zetsuen no Tempest (may drop)
Magi
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Gintama'
Ixion Saga
Fairy Tail
Saint Seiya
Space Bros

Backlogging
Toriko
Zettai Shougeki: Platonic Heart
The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo
Violence Jack
Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Defuser

Watchlist
OreShura
Haganai NEXT
Chihayafuru S2
Tamako Market
Minami-ke Tadaima
Kotoura-san
Sasami-San
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Continuing from previous season
Magi
Psycho-Pass
Zetsuen No Tempest
Gintama'
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Sakurasou no pet na Kanojou
Robotics;Notes
Shin Sekai Yori
Space Bros

Dropped
Vividred Operation
Love Live
Senran Kagura

I already got alot on my plate.

Little Busters! 14
tumblr_mgj5wsRpGz1r3gmivo1_500.gif

This arc has been just as good as the last focused arc from last season which was on Komari-chan. Although she has an annoying voice I still thought it was fairly emotional. Now on NIshizono-san I thought it really matched that level on that and really made it just as memorable. Found myself just like Riki there. The music used in the choice scenes worked really well. I think the soundtrack is still vastly underrated.

I did like the message that seemed to be given from Kyousuke, about just believing in yourself even when others are trying to lead you astray.

Nishizoya san story was sad for the sake that the friend she created was forced to have to go away and that she felt so sorry for having to put her Mio through it that she wanted to make up for it by vanishing. I wish both could have stayed and not one vanish away, especially since only Riki will remember since he spent the most time with her, but it was crushing to see her fly away to freedom and then to hear later Mio giving her own going away speech thus causing Riki to break down bad :(. I guess we must ultimately conclude that they live in a world where some supernatural force must be active or something, if it enabled Riki to see both of them at the same time, perhaps it ties into the secret they were occasionally pursuing?

I would like a light hearted episode getting all Little Busters! involved again to happen.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have no idea what they'll do for the movie. It's not like they could just pretend it's some other European country.
Of course, we're still assuming they're going to bother with the movie. :(

Hyouka 11.5

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/hyouka11.5.jpg

dat character development

This episode actually did a pretty good job of tying up the end of the film club arc and laid down the foundations for the underlying themes of the following festival arc. I'll definitely have to re-watch the series with this when all the BD's are done.
It's perhaps the single most important episode of the series. And KyoAni had to ghetto it to some web broadcast for whatever reason.

In my fantasy land, someone fought for this episode to be made in the first place and exploited the realities of niocnico and manga merchandising to get the episode made.

I suppose the alternative is that it was a cynical cash grab. lol

Little Busters! 14
http://25.media.tumblr.com/b9c0d531d84bb890e183f03265bed2ad/tumblr_mgj5wsRpGz1r3gmivo1_500.gif
This arc has been just as good as the last focused arc from last season which was on Komari-chan. Although she has an annoying voice I still thought it was fairly emotional. Now on NIshizono-san I thought it really matched that level on that and really made it just as memorable. Found myself just like Riki there. The music used in the choice scenes worked really well. I think the soundtrack is still vastly underrated.

I did like the message that seemed to be given from Kyousuke, about just believing in yourself even when others are trying to lead you astray.

Nishizoya san story was sad for the sake that the friend she created was forced to have to go away and that she felt so sorry for having to put her Mio through it that she wanted to make up for it by vanishing. I wish both could have stayed and not one vanish away, especially since only Riki will remember since he spent the most time with her, but it was crushing to see her fly away to freedom and then to hear later Mio giving her own going away speech. I guess we must ultimately conclude that they live in a world where some supernatural force must be active or something, if it enabled Riki to see both of them at the same time

I would like a light hearted episode getting all Little Busters! involved again to happen.

ORCqyl.jpg

Wut.

I dunno man... I suppose Angel Beats would have been as heavy handed as this if they had 26 episodes to work with, but woof.

Besides, the point is that
Mio and Midori are one and the same, that both existed in the first place and so forth.

Narag

Watching
Maoyu
Jojo
Inferno Cop
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman
AKB0048: The Next Stage
Senran Kagura

Chipping away at the backlog and/or assorted movies/OVAs in-between. Might get caught up on Magi to keep my sense of terrible calibrated though.

Watching list? Watching list.

Watching and Actually Liking It:
Amnesia
Cuticle Detective Inaba
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Senyu
Gintama'

5 Minutes So Why the Hell Not:
Ai Mai Mi
Mangirl
Puchimas!

Ok With:
Hanagai NEXT
Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun
Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Tamako Market
Zettai Karen Children THE UNLIMITED

Please Turn Into Crap Already So I Can Drop You:
BAKUMATSU GIJINDEN ROMAN
GJ-bu
Kotoura-san
OreShura

Last Season's Stuff I'm Now Obligated To Finish Now:
Ixion Saga DT
Magi
Naruto SD
PSYCHO-PASS
Robotics;Notes
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Zetsuen no Tempest

Dropped:
Osaka Mama
Ishida to Asakura
Yama no Susume

BACKLOG HELL:
Shana

I guess Ill contribute.

Watching:
Cuticle Detective Inaba (Best of the Season)
Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East (2nd Best)
Amnesia (3rd Best)
Courtesy of Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited Hyoubu Kyousuke
Ishida to Asakura
Senyuu
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman
Tamako Market

Continuing:
Bakuman 3
Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter
Fairy Tail
Ginga e Kickoff!!
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Initial D Fifth Stage
Ixion Saga DT
JJBA
Kingdom
Little Busters!
Magi
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Psycho Pass
Robotics;Notes
Naruto SD
Saint Seiya Omega
Pet Girl of Sakurasou
From the New World
Tanken Driland
Toriko
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Blast of Tempest

Backlog:
Cardfight!! Vanguard, Digimon Adventure, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Persona 4 The Animation, Sengoku Basara, Steins;Gate, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Tegami Bachi Letter Bee, Hakuouki Record of the Jade Blood, Junjou Romantica 1 and 2, Clannad, Clannad After Story, Xamd, Is This A Zombie?, Penguindrum, Ookiku Furikabutte, Natsume Book of Friends s1 and s2

Dropped:
Blood-C and Honey and Clover have been the only two anime on my dropped list not named Ikkitousen, and have been considering given both those anime another chance

I dunno man... I suppose Angel Beats would have been as heavy handed as this if they had 26 episodes to work with, but woof.

Besides, the point is that
Mio and Midori are one and the same, that both existed in the first place and so forth.
I feel as if Little busters! will need more than 26 episodes, assuming everyones story is multipart if they have them.

I feel as if Little busters! will need more than 26 episodes, assuming everyones story is multipart if they have them.

Well you are in luck as the producer has hinted at having more than 26 episodes!

Kawase Kohei, the producer of Warner Entertainment Japan, revealed on a web radio program that there will be an announcement at the end of the final episode of Little Busters!. He said, "We know it's impossible to cover the whole story with the current pace. We have promised to animate the entire scenario of the game. I cannot make it clear here but you know what I mean, right? If you watch the 26th episode, there will be a message that you want. Please don't be suspicious. The arcs of your favorite characters will surely be animated. We know 26 episodes is too short."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom