• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I agree with you on everything except for the coloring. While overly saturated, I thought the visuals and the colors worked well and were appropriate for the content.
Overly saturated? They're washed out and nasty looking. It's something to do with a combination of the coloring + the glow lighting the show uses. Doesn't work well.

wonzo

Banned
Space Bros 40

spacebros40.jpg

I'm usually pretty down on Hibito but this episode did a pretty good job of making me actually care about him. Shame about the second cliff-hanger in a row!

KyoAni's best is either Nichijou or Hyouka. I don't even know how it could be anything else. Fumoffu was godlike, but not quite up there for me. Haruhi would have been a strong contender for the top, but I will nevar forget Endless Night.

CUD

Banned
It was bad and Rikka was more like an animal that needed upkeep than a human character. Almost a true 0/10 show without any merit whatsoever if it wasn't for KyoAni's animators, but it was still an ugly show due to the terrible character designs and coloring.
Rikka an animal? I take it you haven't seen Sakurasou, Shiina can't even dress herself; not that Sakurasou is bad.

Your post gives me the impression you haven't even watched the anime as the character designs were far from terrible. Rikka and Yuuta in particular were rather well designed and I definitely liked the way the ending came together, those feels.

jman2050

All I learn from these countless KyoAni discussions is that everyone has their own tastes and preferences and no one has the same list of favorites and non-favorites.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Rikka an animal? I take it you haven't seen Sakurasou, Shiina can't even dress herself; not that Sakurasou is bad.
Sakurasou was better than Chooney until it suffered Death by Kinect. Shiina is an artistic idiot savant. Rikka is just a truly worthless moron for the duration of the series.

Your post gives me the impression you haven't even watched the anime as the character designs were far from terrible. Rikka and Yuuta in particular were rather well designed and I definitely liked the way the ending came together, those feels.
No, they're hideous.

wonzo

Banned
Hyouka > K-On!! > Disappearance > K-On! Movie > K-On! > Non Endless Eight Haruhi > Nichijou > Endless Eight > Chuu2

No, because then the fans will be able to congregate and pretend it was good. We must acknowledge it existed and make sure everybody knows it was bad.
It's the only way, really.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Overly saturated? They're washed out and nasty looking. It's something to do with a combination of the coloring + the glow lighting the show uses. Doesn't work well.

Yeah, there were several outdoor shots where the color saturation was beyond normal. But I wasn't bothered by it.

Thoraxes

All I learn from these countless KyoAni discussions is that everyone has their own tastes and preferences and no one has the same list of favorites and non-favorites.

Basically what it comes down to is:

My Opinion > You Opinion

and everyone else is 100% wrong

For everyone's arguments.

And then someone will say their opinion is fact and everyone will shit on each other. It's a vicious cycle.

Soo... I just finished my top 10 for 2012. The reviews for each show are kind of lengthy so I'm a bit worried about spoilers.

Hyouka
Joshiraku
Space Brothers
Humanity has declined
Girls und Panzer
Kids on the slope
Tsuritama
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Nekomonogatari(Kuro)
Shin Sekai Yori

Is there anything I ought to remove or spoiler tag just in case? They are in order for those who will go through the trouble of reading. I was a big dummy for letting my keyboard get the best of me, but I sorta like these things since they let me stretch my fingers and brain a bit. Apologies my horrible grammar and punctuation. :(

Nice list and commentary, another one for Tsuritama.
--------------

Looking over the thread again, guess people updated lots since last I checked, didnt realize Muv Luv was that watched and liked by most too.

Syrinx

Not particularly interested in anything this season unless others say I HAVE to watch something. So:

Backlog-Everything
More specifically:
-Smile/Heartcatch Precure
-Revolutionary Girl Utena
-Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
-Ghibli movies
-K-ON!!
-Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
-Steins;Gate
-Fate/Zero
-Rurouni Kenshin
-You're Under Arrest
-Lots, lots more

Currently Watching:
-Cowboy Bebop
-Darker Than Black
-Ah! My Goddess

Waiting for Next Season:
-Girls und Panzer

Shows I Stopped Watching But I'm Totally Gonna Start Again I Swear:
-Shin Sekai Yori

Branduil

Not exactly, there's a lot of people here who have named Hyouka their favorite KyoAni series. Can't remember anyone praising Munto or even admitting to seeing it.

Andrew J.

Watching:
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Tamako Market
Vividred Operation

Continuing from past seasons:
Magi
Psycho-Pass
Robotics;Notes
Saint Seiya Omega
Shinsekai Yori
Smile Precure
Zetsuen no Tempest

Backlog:
Full Metal Panic Fumoffi

Christ, I can't wait for things to slow down in spring.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Basically what it comes down to is:

My Opinion > You Opinion

and everyone else is 100% wrong

For everyone's arguments.

And then someone will say their opinion is fact and everyone will shit on each other. It's a vicious cycle.

That really is how it is, isn't it?

That's why I just like to watch the shows and then shut the hell up! Chu-2 was bad, but I still enjoyed several episodes! Touka wins. Nap's hips still win, and pre final ep Nap wins. Now I'm gonna shut the hell up!

Until my next post!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
What was wrong with it? I quite liked it, it rubbed me rather nicely.

The way they built it up and ended up resolving it felt somewhat... out of place. idk. I can't actually describe what was wrong with it which is why i didnt' do a proper post for chuunibyou. meh.

Best show of 2012 is still Fate/Zero so w/e guys.

wonzo

Banned
Not exactly, there's a lot of people here who have named Hyouka their favorite KyoAni series. Can't remember anyone praising Munto or even admitting to seeing it.
Maybe I should check out Munto before dwelling onto the KyoAni KEY-shit after Angel Beats! like I had planned.

Soo... I just finished my top 10 for 2012. The reviews for each show are kind of lengthy so I'm a bit worried about spoilers.

Hyouka
Joshiraku
Space Brothers
Humanity has declined
Girls und Panzer
Kids on the slope
Tsuritama
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Nekomonogatari(Kuro)
Shin Sekai Yori

Is there anything I ought to remove or spoiler tag just in case? They are in order for those who will go through the trouble of reading. I was a big dummy for letting my keyboard get the best of me, but I sorta like these things since they let me stretch my fingers and brain a bit. Apologies my horrible grammar and punctuation. :(
It's nice to see people put effort into their end of year lists. Even if I'm too lazy to. :>

Narag

When is the AOTY voting due by again? Tempted to write something up and finish a couple things rather than just tossing in a one line "1. SAO" post.

jman2050

I'm not naive enough to think of AnimeGAF as some singular ultimate authority on what people who watch anime actually like.

Digimon Adventures 43 - 49

Would have liked for more digimon to go
warp digivolve
. I almost thought the power levels was a bit awkward.
Somehow WarGreymon struggled against Puppetmon, if Puppetmon was an ultimate then this wouldnt make sense, if only they revealed what level he was.
Ah things are wrapping down like the complex Matt has with protecting TK and still getting into arguments then being friends with Tai.

The other song (Change into Power) could have been used more instead of Hey Digimon it just sounds better. But this makes the anime sound way old. I dont know something about it worked well when played during that one episode.

Ultimadrago

Is this where I say Nichijou is the best Kyoto Animation work?

Nichijou is the best Kyoto Animation work.

KyoAni's best is either Nichijou or Hyouka. I don't even know how it could be anything else.

This is a good boiling down.
================

Also, Sword Art Online was the best new comedy of 2012.

OceanBlue

What was wrong with it? I quite liked it, it rubbed me rather nicely.

Ask yourself this: How did Yuuta ever resolve Rikka choosing between chuunibyou (or denial of her father's death) or normalcy (or acceptance of her father's death)?

As someone who genuinely liked Chuunibyou to a certain point despite a few misgivings, things like this are why I didn't like the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom