• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anime-Gaf, are there any sites that have HTML5 Steaming? I want to catch up on some of my series on my phone during my weekly commutes and CrunchyRoll isn't broadcasting them

Narag

JoJo 14

That was such a great cold open. Established a setting, showed how out of place Joseph is, and introduced Caesar. Ep as a whole was as awesome as it was ugly.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Puchimas! 10

remote island rape logic 101

irSRBNAouRXsp.gif

Maedhros

Why the hell these translators are using German on the subs of Girls und Panzer? Go suck a dick Commie, I'm not from german, I can't understand shit!

The anime is pretty good btw. Really lighthearted, cute girls.

EDIT: I love Kanon 2006 from KyoAni, btw.

Theonik

Here's the opening for good measure. KyoAni in its prime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fJ85LbswFQ
I feel grateful that I never got around to watching any of KyoAni's earlier works holy shit haha.
Why the hell these translators are using German on the subs of Girls und Panzer? Go suck a dick Commie, I'm not from german, I can't understand shit!

The anime is pretty good btw. Really lighthearted, cute girls.
Who are these commie gents you speak off? Never had that issue on Crunchyroll

Narag

They do stream their own stuff, their app and site is good since they also have 720p and no commercials.

--
Their Toriko and One Piece though arent in that and still have commercials...

Hmm, been thinking about subbing sometime. Think the only thing that held me back was no PS3 app.

They also upload some stuff onto youtube too. Sometimes the first few episodes, sometimes the entire series.

Oh yeah. That's where I was watching The Sacred Blacksmith. Why'd you have to remind me of that unfinished piece of business?

cajunator

Banned
Hmm, been thinking about subbing sometime. Think the only thing that held me back was no PS3 app.

Oh yeah. That's where I was watching The Sacred Blacksmith. Why'd you have to remind me of that unfinished piece of business?

well at least Cecily is adorable, right?

wsippel

Banned
Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo 1 - 26

Stuff happened. A lot of stuff. A lot of extremely random stuff. But somehow, it all made sense. Well, not really, but the whole show starts so weird and unpredictable that I completely stopped questioning anything two episodes in, and then it all kinda made sense in context. Somehow. A little bit.

All in all, it was a very fun trip. A rollercoaster ride full of tropes and cliches, lots of stupid and random shit, asspulls, seemingly important plot points that are never explained and lead nowhere, strange art (that grew on me), very likable characters, action, surprisingly good CGI, some fanservice, tons of really great ideas and even a deeper meaning, and with a borderline saccharine happy ending with a cherry on top. Though I had no idea what the fuck was going on or why anything was happening most of the time, I was smiling so much my face hurts. Much better than it had any right to be. The only negative would be that the ending felt rushed and the lead up to the finale in particular was a bit unsatisfactory.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can't stop listening to Psycho-Pass's new OP god damn.

Funny thing is that AKB0048 has decided to go with a similar clips on CGI shapes route for the OP and filters on static images for the ED. The funny thing being it's 100 times better than Psycho Pass' attempt. Or should that be tragic?

OceanBlue

Stuff happened. A lot of stuff. A lot of extremely random stuff. But somehow, it all made sense. Well, not really, but the whole show starts so weird and unpredictable that I completely stopped questioning anything two episodes in, and then it all kinda made sense in context. Somehow. A little bit.

All in all, it was a very fun trip. A rollercoaster ride full of tropes and cliches, lots of stupid and random shit, asspulls, seemingly important plot points that are never explained and lead nowhere, strange art (that grew on me), very likable characters, action, surprisingly good CGI, some fanservice, tons of really great ideas and even a deeper meaning, and with a borderline saccharine happy ending with a cherry on top. Though I had no idea what the fuck was going on or why anything was happening most of the time, I was smiling so much my face hurts. Much better than it had any right to be. The only negative would be that the ending felt rushed and the lead up to the finale in particular was a bit unsatisfactory.

I completely forgot this was a thing (and I always confuse it with Sora wo Miageru Shoujo etc aka Munto), but this review sounds okay so I'll probably give it a try when I have free time.

Kurita

Funny thing is that AKB0048 has decided to go with a similar clips on CGI shapes route for the OP and filters on static images for the ED. The funny thing being it's 100 times better than Psycho Pass' attempt. Or should that be tragic?

Meh, the song is the most important thing imo so I'm not that bothered.
And as far as PP is concerned, it's an amazing song!

DiGiKerot

I really like this show a great deal. It's such a weird mish-mash of bizarre Sunrise injokes with a few decent ideas of it's own thrown into the mix. It's probably the only show in which a "colony drop" involves one space colony suplexing another.

Also, some of the funniest Pizza Hut scenes in anime.

With the way it ended, I've got to assume that they must have been planning an OAV series or something, but the sales weren't all that great, unfortunately, and Obara was relegated to, errr, Accel World.

Either that or they were trolling.

Steroyd

It's lighthearted iDOLM@STER antics in really short bites. If that sounds like your cup of tea go watch it.

Also:
http://i.minus.com/iba53J2PLmmrGo.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/inlFgD81PyEyz.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zLXhd.gif

No silly! As in being cute and/or fun.

It's safe to say there are alot more worser shorts out there this season. And yes it is.

Maedhros

Hyouka 11.5

Pretty nice episode! Oreki represents the audience. Chitanda is still the worst, not even the swimsuit will change my oppinion of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom