• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robotics;notes - 12
Robotics%3BNotes%20-%2012.jpg

Slow down little genki girl!

And thus we've entered the characters quests before entering in the final dongeons and we've not even read the report 4 yet when there are 8 of them in total ..

On one hand i'm happy they follow the storyline closely , on the other hand well it was a necessary evil for the finale.

So it's "okay" i guess ?

Since our little programmer girl is tied more closely to the plot , i guess it's mister pleiades turn next week.

Moonlight

Banned
Code: Breaker Episode 1

Not bad. I can't say it was an incredible opener, but it was alright. I wasn't really feeling the first fifteen minutes, largely because I don't think that there are any teenagers that would ever gossip in such a ridiculous fashion. It's played up a bit for the sake of humour, but I can say with a degree of certainty the reaction from the girls when Ogami introduces himself to the class is vaguely robotic (for lack of a better word) in their choice of words. That all out of the way, they blow through the mundane school antics pretty quickly. I think my enjoyment of the show went up drastically as soon as things came to blows with those G-Falcon gangsters. And then to fire. Because, gosh, that is some pretty fire.

I'm not sure what to think about it besides that, though. While I'm not sold on the character art yet; just going by the last few minutes of the episode, it's clear that the production values are very, very solid. The effects animation in particular is just superb.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but between that fight sequence, and the cliffhanger that the episode ends on (which is, of course, soundly ruined by the opening), I think I'm on board for a couple more episodes.

As an aside, Sakura Sakurakoji is pretty much the most ridiculous name I've heard from an anime in a long time, and I'm watching JoJo right now.

Narag

Code: Breaker Episode 1

Not bad. I can't say it was an incredible opener, but it was alright. I wasn't really feeling the first fifteen minutes, largely because I don't think that there are any teenagers that would ever gossip in such a ridiculous fashion. It's played up a bit for the sake of humour, but I can say with a degree of certainty the reaction from the girls when Ogami introduces himself to the class is vaguely robotic (for lack of a better word) in their choice of words. That all out of the way, they blow through the mundane school antics pretty quickly. I think my enjoyment of the show went up drastically as soon as things came to blows with those G-Falcon gangsters. And then to fire. Because, gosh, that is some pretty fire.

I'm not sure what to think about it besides that, though. While I'm not sold on the character art yet; just going by the last few minutes of the episode, it's clear that the production values are very, very solid. The effects animation in particular is just superb.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but between that fight sequence, and the cliffhanger that the episode ends on (which is, of course, soundly ruined by the opening), I think I'm on board for a couple more episodes.

As an aside, Sakura Sakurakoji is pretty much the most ridiculous name I've heard from an anime in a long time, and I'm watching JoJo right now.

School stuff was strange in that first ep. The juxtaposition of school and cold blooded murder makes for something humorous & interesting as it goes on though.

Jarmel

Banned
Swords in general from anywhere weren't meant to be clashed against other swords at right angles. Ruining the sword is inevitable.

Well my understanding is that certain European swords are more designed for sword clashing and overall are much better against plated armor. Katanas are more for slicing things like human flesh, pretty much unprotected targets.

Branduil

Well my understanding is that certain European swords are more designed for sword clashing and overall are much better against plated armor. Katanas are more for slicing things like human flesh, pretty much unprotected targets.

They'll take it better but your goal is not to trade sword blows with your opponent. Real swordfighting was nothing like movie swordfighting.

Go_Ly_Dow

Freeter Ie wo Kau 7
Not sure if I'll be able to hold all these feels any longer.
The party at the end was pretty funny and heartwarming.

Seiji's father is cool now.
That step-mother can go fuck herself though.

You're doing well! Just a few more episodes + the special until you've reached enlightenment :)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Fairy Tail Episodes 1-4

Man the animation in this is fucking bad, even by Shonen standards. The special moves do not have any impact and some people are shown at the end of a movement. It's bad.

The english dub is decent. I love Happy's voice.

WTF I haven't posted in this thread at all yet until now.

Jintor

Fairy Tail Episodes 1-4

Man the animation in this is fucking bad, even by Shonen standards. The special moves do not have any impact and some people are shown at the end of a movement. It's bad.

Trojita!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Fairy Tail Episodes 1-4

Moejita~

madp

The Light of El Cantare
that didn't stop the pvc robots

iby4RvP6s1IEPK.gif

Well my suspension of disbelief is already broken by the action figures being alive, so I guess anything goes from there.

Fairy Tail Episodes 1-4

Lose a bet?

trejo

By the way, is it safe to jump into the newer Minami-ke season if I enjoyed the first one
dat Hosaka
but bailed after, like, the third episode of the second one?

zeroshiki

By the way, is it safe to jump into the newer Minami-ke season if I enjoyed the first one
dat Hosaka
but bailed after, like, the third episode of the second one?

Speaking completely blindly, isn't Minami-ke basically just a bunch of random sketches? I wouldn't recognize a scene from S3 over one from S1.

vividred operation - 01

Hey strike witches ! sky girls ! the new one has arrived ..

Man it's almost sad to see how generic this opening scenario has become but here they really do everything they could to make it even more generic and cliché.

Vividred%20Operation%20-%2001.jpg

what ? really ? AGAIN ??
Let's count :
-High level of panty or low altitude level shots ( check )
-mad/outcast scientist ( check )
-father/mother ? of course they are not there (check)
-the mascot for the magical girl ( check )
-unnecessary transformation scene ( check )
-main character with a very high positive attitude that doesn't hesitate to help even his it's beyond her current powers ( check )
-"only her can do it" ( check )
-main character unusual powers already hinted. ( check )

It's horrible ! i can already see the twists coming from several miles away ( the new energy is actually evil and the invaders are actually in danger ) is already a given.

i won't even talk about how stupid putting a live body into a fridge is ... because the mad scientist is obviously a genious that doesn't care about cell damage..

Fairy Tail Episodes 1-4

Love Natsus voice and Lucys is way better than her jpn vice. Hope youre watching the funi dub and not the other dub.

Snow Fairy is its best op, I miss it. "Dont say goodbye"

trejo

Speaking completely blindly, isn't Minami-ke basically just a bunch of random sketches? I wouldn't recognize a scene from S3 over one from S1.

I know the second season was handled by a different studio than the first and it looked considerably uglier to me. I also found the humor lacking in comparison.

zeroshiki

I can't believe that any of these shows don't just take five seconds to say "because mithril" or some equivalent copout.

I refuse to believe Katanas are unable to cut through something. Rurouni Kenshin taught me that even dull edged swords can cut through concrete posts as long as the swordsman is skilled enough.

sonicmj1

Mouryou no Hako 1

A piece of trivia you may all be interested in is to do with the episode title. Translated literally, it's "The Five Death Signs Of An Angel". This is, however, the original title of a book known in English as "The Decay Of The Angel", from Yukio Mishima's Sea of Tranquility series of novels. You may be interested in reading the book's Wikipedia entry and noting the thematic similarities with what transpires in the first episode.

I didn't know that. Even without knowing the book, those themes sound very much like a Yukio Mishima sort of thing.

Syrinx

Darker Than Black 18

Things didn't get as ugly as I had thought, mainly cause I thought Hei and company wanted that doll for some reason, rather than tracking it for Syndicate purposes. Hei actually ends up helping out Kenji and the doll and gets them out of the city, away from the mob.

The scene between Hei and Kirihara in the mall was kinda funny. She recognized him as BK201 but got off of that when she recognized him from the mob boss' daughter's party. And it was while he was looking for bras for the doll of all things.

Steroyd

Magi - 14

lK2gq.jpg

This one's for you Cajun.

Ah well, at least the show has it right when it's all about the action so that's something to look forward to in other episodes I supose, can't quite get the talky parts of the show right without it feel like it's sucking out all the goodwill that was amassed last week.

Gee I wonder how dickwad will screw up all of Alibaba's progress next week.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I refuse to believe Katanas are unable to cut through something. Rurouni Kenshin taught me that even dull edged swords can cut through concrete posts as long as the swordsman is skilled enough.

It's really just about being able to channel your ki correctly.

cajunator

Banned
Magi - 14

Ah well, at least the show has it right when it's all about the action so that's something to look forward to in other episodes I supose, can't quite get the talky parts of the show right without it feel like it's sucking out all the goodwill that was amassed last week.

Gee I wonder how dickwad will screw up all of Alibaba's progress next week.

Oh god that pic is cute.
Nothing will top the little scene where she blushes and snatches her hairpiece back.
That was god tier.

That's the most unexpected summon for a ninja i can think of !!!

Senran%20Kagura%2002.jpg

It's PINK !

i guess they wanted to start a plot ..but they showed some PLOT , including some frogs ..what a unique way to nerf a main character...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom