• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Hey man, she doesn't even flinch when her head is about to be split like a melon.
COQUy.gif

I hate that gif so much.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And the way it covers each character, flying shards, and other visual genjutsus stuff, its hot.

Hot shit more like. The OPs are usually home to some of the best animation of the show. Here they just recycled bad animation from the show. At least one can't say it is misleading.

Also everyone knows katanas are the superior weapon. They can cut clean through steel because they are folded over a gazillion times. Thus they are many magnitudes sharper and more durable than inferior western blades.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Please stop quoting that false image before I report you to the Internet Police for posting lies on the web.

All to cover up that they re-used footage from the previous 11 episodes. It's like distracting a child with a shiny blinky toy.

What other good op combos are there even this season (Hakkenden, Amnesiaa, and The Unlimited, I guess). It may be reused but it certainly has good effects and a song to go along with it, certainly way better than say keeping the same song and visuals for 22 episodes or using the second half of a song and this footage.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
but the third space bros op was terrible

And while it's not the OP, I am rather disappointed with the current ED. Then again most have them have been rather basic, but the quality of the animation is shockingly poor even by SB standards.

Steroyd

What other good op combos are there even this season.

This season the only OP that I bother to not skip through is Jojo, and for reasons unknown to man, the Ixion Saga DT one as well.

On a whole, I think this season is rather weak in terms of both the combination of visuals and music for OP's and ED's, it's usually one or the other.

This thread moves insanely fast.

I am starting to realize why so many gaffers have anime avatars.

It's more the same group of posters just talking nonsense and/or arguing about nothing. Not like we're a massive community or anything, just an active one.

And yeah, this is slow as hell for us. You should see us around the time we approach the post cap.

wonzo

Banned
A shallow stream is deeper than a puddle yes.
For comparisons sake, what character would you consider to be a raging river?

Fourth one made up for it, afro pugs nonwithstanding.
But that's the best part!

And while it's not the OP, I am rather disappointed with the current ED. Then again most have them have been rather basic, but the quality of the animation is shockingly poor even by SB standards.
Yeah, the third and fourth kinda stand out to me compared to the first two which had more animation going for them.

Nah. Even that one was enjoyable.
It was still pretty cool imo.
Nah, it was so bad I ended up skipping it every time, which is something I wouldn't even think of doing with the great first, second and fourth ones.

Azure J

Binoubugami-ga

A lot of the visual gags really were tailor made for animation over mang. I also absolutely love how crass everyone is in this. :lol

Theonik

Swords in general from anywhere weren't meant to be clashed against other swords at right angles. Ruining the sword is inevitable.
Yes. You would at the very least chip the blade. Though different swords are differently susceptible to damage at such strikes. The edge of a Katana is actually quite thin owing to the way Japanese blades are sharpened which makes it very sharp but also more susceptible to chipping.

Clannad 3-9

Was at first not liking the Fuko storyline but then it became kind of alright.
To think something so sad could at least have some type of happy end but then still have a depressing outcome. I can only hope that someday she does awaken, perhaps end of season. I got really teary eyed when the older sister was like her conditioned had worsened and she wouldnt awaken and then the next day people just started to forget her. It was really bad cause she was standing right there and they wouldnt, and then when the mom broke down in the shop cause she couldnt see and then Okazaki :/ But wow was it good when everyone gathered at the school for the wedding randomly remembering the starfish.

Still love youhei even if he gets caught in those kicks, hope a happy arc is coming
tumblr_mf467f9jOH1ric7y8o2_500.gif
tumblr_mgf99qrzXb1rxg4f0o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom