• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

I just think he has an easier time writing women as villians. Men hitting women in a shounen series is pretty uncommon so it's pretty unique.

You will notice he has problem writing both genders equally. He's pretty bad.

But to answer the question, he barely has any male characters anyways so it always defaults to women villains. I don't think he has any particular animosity towards women other than the general disregard harem writers have towards them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chuu2
52P0Ol.jpg

Love Live 2
NtNGLl.jpg

oh7hjl.jpg

:wonzo

Really, this is so weirdly inoffensive that it feels so manufactured when compared to K-On or Tari Tari or even Natsuiro Kiseki. The girls all have their own designs and their particular archetypes and the generic goal of "saving the school" is so benign that it really takes no effort to write a story to exploit that for sympathy.

I wonder if the AKB/Aikatsu animes are just as empty. lol

Defuser

You will notice he has problem writing both genders equally. He's pretty bad.

But to answer the question, he barely has any male characters anyways so it always defaults to women villains. I don't think he has any particular animosity towards women other than the general disregard harem writers have towards them.

It's just pandering, majority of the women Touma punches/save are falling for him.

As for the males....

If you're small time male villain getting punched = never to be seen again.
If you're major villain getting punched = becomes a good guy and an ally to Touma.

Whatever it is, I can't wait for Railgun II because it has better writing for some reason.

Milamber

It's just pandering, majority of the women Touma punches/save are falling for him.

As for the males....

If you're small time male villain getting punched = never to be seen again.
If you're major villain getting punched = becomes a good guy and an ally to Touma.

Whatever it is, I can't wait for Railgun II because it has better writing for some reason.

Worst role model ever!

Need a harem? Hit them women!
Need allies? Hit them too!

sonicmj1

i'm not sdburton level but I can't see anything that seperates that from your standard girl's friendship dealie

I'm with you there.

Hataraki Man 2

This was alright. Photographer-dude Fumiya is pretty misogynistic, but whatever. At least he's serious about his work.

i14OPe7GsGkHO.jpg

Don't tell her to go away! We might make her angry!

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting him to do differently. They had a job to do. He's not into her. She's not into him. They're professionals.

I guess the point of the episode is that they're both connected by the pride they take in their work, even if they don't think much of each other's jobs. But Fumiya's attitudes towards women are probably the more interesting part of the episode. Without knowing anything about her, he automatically assumes she's frivolous and uncommitted to her job just because she's female. But even when she proves more willing and knowledgeable than he expects, he has a hard time reassessing his first impressions.

I think a lot of his views seemed harsher because the subtitles kept translating こんな女 as "bitch", which is pretty severe. Made him seem like a raging misanthrope, when he had specific issues with Matsukata because of her history.

Either way, I'm not surprised he doesn't have a girlfriend.

cajunator

Banned
Man I have shit memory... the first anime that came to mind when I saw that image was Wandaba Style then I was like no... that's not right, it's Steel Angel Kurumi... no... was it the nurse girl from SoulTaker? NO! god help me! What was it from?

Nurse witch komugi. Komugi is also from Soul Taker yes.
I have been posting about it for a few days lately.
Its the best KyoAni.

Narag

Magi 5

NuZpGl.jpg

Can't tell if I think the perspective is off or if she's just a cute centaur.

Does this background music shit ever get fixed? It's continually low and disconnected from the scenes, like it was picked from stock music under the notion of being 'close enough.'

At any rate, Aladdin's been a far better character the past two episodes. Teaming up with Ali Baba has a much better impetus now rather than "let's go on adventures, bro." The princess' transformation was pretty cool and the cartoon bad guys in this sure are cartoon bad guys. Weird breaks came at like 9:30 and 17:10 this time around. That really does feel like NA tv commercial break times, not that such a thing could happen what with Paimon's appearance.

Grzi

Hunter X Hunter - 62

The episode didn't look quite as good as the previous few (there were a few nice action shots though) but it still looked a lot better than 95% of the scenes in Magi.

Defuser

There's something weird with my member tag, a bolded r. I check with other computers and it's there but it's normal on mobile gaf. Does anybody have the same thing too?

HVDxN.png

Milamber

There's something weird with my member tag, a bolded r. I check with other computers and it's there but it's normal on mobile gaf. Does anybody have the same thing too?

HVDxN.png

I always thought your "r" was weird. Like you had that done on purpose.

How do you get one anyway?

Kagami

Vividred Operation 1

Fantastic. Easily lived up to my expectations. Beautiful characters, beautiful animation, beautiful butts, tense action, and I didn't even have a problem with the CG models except maybe that one scene of the out-of-control Osprey wobbling around in the air.

There's all sorts of ways this show could go on to be disappointing, so I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but it was certainly more entertaining than anything else I've seen so far this season. (Still waiting on streams for Sasami and Haganai, though.)

i8O76ELslEG6Z.jpg

Looking forward to docking scenes with each new girl who joins Akane's harem.

wonzo

Banned
Gyrozetter 14

gyro14.jpg

Finally all caught up! This may have been a recap episode but it had a new script, a pretty decent amount of new animation and actually fleshed out some pretty big plot points, most notably
what the deal is with Gunji Souta a.k.a Eraser-01. I wonder what the deal is with the Commander, maybe it was his son or something like that.

As for the next episode preview:

rip pri ;________;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom