• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

I can't stop laughing.

Holy balls that was amazing
ly hilarious
!

For whatever reason I thought it was even funnier when I saw this. So much effort for so little.

itEI7hQqpjFQR.jpg

Syrinx

Darker Than Black 20

I really shouldn't watch this show in the middle of the day when I still have class.

One of the things that has kind of held me back from enjoying this show maybe as much as I could is the fact that I don't get this notion that "contractors aren't humans". I suppose that it's because I've watched Hei and others prove this notion untrue on several occasions, but I struggle with how this notion even came to be. I mean, I see where it came from; they are more or less killing machines. It's hard to explain.

I think the scene between Hei and Alma has done quite a bit to alleviate that dissonance by basically making me disregard the notion entirely. What was interesting about Alma is that she more or less grew and came in touch with her human emotions all by herself. Her bit about the similarities between humans and contractors was also important in extinguishing the notion.

The scenes between Huang and Chihoko also did this to an extent. Chihoko as remnants of her emotions left, and treasures them so much that
she kills herself while at her happiest just so she could die happy. And so she could protect Huang, basically sacrificing herself for him, another thing contractors shouldn't do.

This is one of my favorite episodes yet, I think.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You know what I do when red ants bite me? I eat those fuckers.
They don't like that.
Speaking of ants, how come you dont see them in a lot of anime with all that messy food and stuff being constantly spilled and thrown about? Or for that matter, no giant hornets chasing some poor anime girl down a mountain.

Nichibros is the only anime to have ever accurately depicted the utter fucking horror of Japanese giant hornets. Like, I have a pretty severe bee phobia as it is, but if I ever saw one of those things flying around I'd probably just faint where I stand.

As to the ant thing, you're asking this of a medium that's not particularly known for its attention to small details!

Theonik

... This doesn't sound like a democracy at all!
Code:
public class DEMOCRACY {
    public static void main(String args []) {
        order orz = new order("duckroll");
        while (orz.ruller == "duckroll") {
            System.out.println("HAHA democracy");
            OT --;
            System.out.println("Winter of Anime 2013 |OT" + OT + "| You Can (not) Rebel");
        }
    }
}

cajunator

Banned
Nichibros is the only anime to have ever accurately depicted the utter fucking horror of Japanese giant hornets. Like, I have a pretty severe bee phobia as it is, but if I ever saw one of those things flying around I'd probably just faint where I stand.

As to the ant thing, you're asking this of a medium that's not particularly known for its attention to small details!

I suppose thats true. and now that you mention it yes nichibros explored that horror to great effect. I cannot think of another example though.

They don't like that.
Speaking of ants, how come you dont see them in a lot of anime with all that messy food and stuff being constantly spilled and thrown about? Or for that matter, no giant hornets chasing some poor anime girl down a mountain.

Perhaps this will be the next great anime trend.

Cute ants, of course.

Syrinx

They don't like that.

How do you know what they like and don't like?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Perhaps this will be the next great anime trend.

Cute ants, of course.

edit: there was a Touwa Meme image here as a joke but then I realized that "ant" and "aunt" probably aren't homophones for some of you so that would have just ended up :kayos

cajunator

Banned
After our Hell of Infinite Hyouka I can't bear to provoke any sort of SHAFT discussion until the next episode of Sassafras@Gobbledygook inevitably does.

but Shaft discussion is fun. Shaft often takes big risks with their stuff and it makes for very interesting subject matter, if not to everyone's tastes.

Thoraxes

Next OT banner, please.
I don't think so. I think they're going to drag on the debate from Cassim's side for another episode, and ep16 will be the one where they just pack all the action in, just like they did in ep13.
Is it bad that I don't give a shit about Cassim? Really wish he would just die already.
Eh, I'd be more worried if it was a happy Jay Cutler.

He could've been simply appeased Cutler if the Packers didn't fuck up. They passed up the chance to watch him squirm in the playoffs and it would've been quality entertainment.

/XX/

Its been 9 pages of Hyouka, Hyouka, Hyouka.
You guys are still going on about Hyouka. why
Dammit! Not only do I miss (multiple times, including re-ignitions) the heat of the discussion... but also see that it commenced because of some magazine illustration for the Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! series. While you were at it, you could have used as a topic starter the good taste of Animedia Magazine readers...
well, this was among other of their many "usual" choices for character of the year...

Type Mercury (ORT) = Ado Edem > Type Jupiter ≥ Type Saturn > The Six Sisters ≥ Type Pluto > Type Moon (Crimson Moon) = ArcheType Earth (Arcueid) ≥ Type Venus > Balor of the Evil Eye ≥ Arcueid (50% (post Roa's death)) > Primordial Demons > Primate Murder > Angra Mainyu > Zelretch (young) > Counter Guardian Archer > Gilgamesh > Arcueid (30%) > Lancelot (F-15) > Dark Sakura > Dark Saber > Saber > Zero Caster's Sea Demon > Lancelot > 5th Berserker > Dark Berserker ≥ Original Roa > 17th Roa (Elesia) > 4th Rider > Merem Solomon > 5th Lancer ≥ 4th Lancer = Archer ≥ 5th Rider > 4th Caster > 5th Caster = Nrvnqsr > Clairvoyant Fujino = Kurogiri > Kouma > 4th Assassin > 5th Assassin > Aoko > Barthomeloi ≥ Arcueid (6%) > Kojirou = Ciel ≥ Kotomine (young) = "Ryougi Shiki" = Soren Araya (within the Ogawa Building) > Gun God (Black Barrel) > Night of Wallachia ≥ Touko = Kayneth El-Melloi > Leysritt > Sion Tatari = Melty Blood Satsuki = R. Shiki ≥ Akiha = Asagami Fujino = 18th Roa > Tohno SHIKI = Alba = Heaven's Feel Shirou = Kiri > Nanaya Shiki = Reinforced Kuzuki > Sion = UBW Shirou = Waver = Bazett > Avenger = Rin = Luvia = Kotomine > Zouken > Kiritsugu > Irisviel > Maiya = Tsukihime Satsuki = Lio = Avalon Shirou = Ilya = Kariya > Sakura > Len > Kirie = Caren = Meruka > Azaka > The Dead = Possessed Corpse = Misayo = Dragon Tooth Warrior = Fuji-nee > Gun God (unequipped) > Fake Shiki = Ryuunosuke ≥ Tomoe > Keita San ≥ Shinji > Hisui = Kohaku
So... Shiki CAN'T kill Servants after all!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I wanted to clear up this grave and odious offense from Tamako Market last night before I forget. During this episode Tamako visited another shop for a cup of coffee. Whereabouts the shop keeper served her and uttered these offensive, and nonsensical remarks:

After this, he offers Tamako some milk, training her with his poisonous thoughts and bad habits! If fresh and made properly coffee is never bitter! In fact, with the right beans and preparation methods, coffee can actually be sweet all on its own! So don't just make blanket statements like that! Of course, none of this makes any sense:

1348643-68PR6DE.jpg

Dude you have a wood box hand mill and a Yama glass siphon!! Those make excellent coffee, so what is your excuse?! Oh I see, you're a record shop? A record shop with premium brewing equipment lounging about like decorations. Did you use a Mr. Coffee machine behind the counter, or did you just steep coffee in a teabag? I feel like calling KyoAni and complaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom