• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Mad Bull 34 2

G51aIl.png

Early 90s were a hell of a time.
B9W5Rl.png
k5eMDl.png
5Q1xSl.png

Amending what sort of character design I see Kayos as to this.

lmao at the crotch grenades. Dialogue in the dub is something amazing too.

fertygo

Granted, I don't think I liked Idolm@ster as much as most people here and I'm pretty cynical when it comes to idol culture so I prefer seeing it taken to stupid extremes in order to magnify said stupidity. Im@s is the least-unrealistic so I have to dock it points in the ranking in spite of it being well-produced and, I suppose, generally legit good.

But 0048 even more further into the "real" cringeworthy idol culture thing like election, hater, than im@s.

wonzo

Banned
one day they'll make an anime series of akb49 and on that day you'll discover just how sick and twisted

IDOL

CULTURE

truly is

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'd call it strange, but I know too much of how that sausage is made. Upper-four-digits numbers are absolutely necessary to ensure a project doesn't get abandoned, barring some other shining light in sales figures.
Well, I mean, it's all nerdery though. I own all the PS3 Atelier games and I've only played the first one. lol
But yeah, when in Japan buying a single copy actually matters in the grand scheme of things, I suppose it's that much more important than it is here.

Granted, I don't think I liked Idolm@ster as much as most people here and I'm pretty cynical when it comes to idol culture so I prefer seeing it taken to stupid extremes in order to magnify said stupidity. Im@s is the least-unrealistic so I have to dock it points in the ranking in spite of it being well-produced and, I suppose, generally legit good.

But if we're just talking about this season, get back to me in a couple of weeks because I haven't started AKB0048 Second Stage yet!
All I remember about AKB is that it was a completely ridiculous science fiction concept and the AKBs are robot girls... lol

one day they'll make an anime series of akb49 and on that day you'll discover just how sick and twisted

IDOL

CULTURE

truly is

AKB49 anime would be gdlk. Takamina <3

AKB49 would be AOTY whenever it comes out. 4 cour, 52 episode season please.

Mandoric

Banned
Well, I mean, it's all nerdery though. I own all the PS3 Atelier games and I've only played the first one. lol
But yeah, when in Japan buying a single copy actually matters in the grand scheme of things, I suppose it's that much more important than it is here.

It matters if you buy Sunrise R2s off of Amazon.jp! (please buy Sunrise R2s off of Amazon.jp.)
(aokiume R2s too!)

I'm all in for a AKB49 anime. Which male seiyuu is able to do a girly voice?

I have a BLCD of Romeo and Juliet starring Akira Ishida (as Romeo) and Hiroshi Kamiya (as Juliet). It is amazing.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Chihayafuru S2 01
Boy does it feel like it's been ages since I've watched this. It makes it difficult to know what I talked about already without looking it up, and I'm feeling lazy.

I have a very strong disliking for the climax of each individual scene. I feel as though the weight of the story is often robbed by what I assume is a slavish interpretation of the manga. Almost every emotional moment is punctuated with some over the top response. I do not need characters falling backwards in their chairs to signify disbelief. It's kind of insulting.

Moments that should be bigger, like Chihaya opening the door to find a bunch of new members, stop being dramatic and instead turn into comedic failures. There is not an emotional consistency running beneath the series and tying everything together appropriately. The one scene that bucks this trend is with Hanano on the train. I actually like her quite a bit as a new character, and without the usual presentation that turns everything into antics her interaction with Taichi was strong. I do not really expect much more of that though, so the series will probably continue to be trite and dull.

wonzo

Banned
Kobayashi
I don't really remember but has she ever actually done a male voiced character outside of the shota's in Ginga e Kickoff!! and Musashi Gundoh (maybe the monkey's male too)?

edit: hell if theres one akb49 role kobayashi would excell at it's MAYA

firehawk12

Subete no aware
WIDEFACE.
CANT STOP. WONT STOP.
MUST GO WIDER
^__________________________^

Can't wait to see CGI shonen dancing if there is a AKB49 anime.

Oh you!
An AKB49 anime needs to be all hand animated with love and care!

I don't really remember but has she ever actually done a male voiced character outside of the shota's in Ginga e Kickoff!! and Musashi Gundoh (maybe the monkey's male too)?
That's why you'd use Kobayashi + Sugita. Mux their voices together. lol

Dresden

edit: hell if theres one akb49 role kobayashi would excell at it's MAYA

Fractale.

cajunator

Banned
Don't know if I could buy BR with just 3 episodes on it.
I only buy complete sets.

Are you new to buying anime?
It used to be sold like that in the US as well.

lol
"promise" indeed. :p
So how does it rank to the other idol shows?

And stop tricking SDBurton into watch shows with fake yuri. I know he likes it anyway he can get it, but I'm starting to feel sorry for him. lol

Stratos 4 kind of has real yuri...although the reason for it is....hmmm.

Mad Bull 34 2

lmao at the crotch grenades. Dialogue in the dub is something amazing too.

Yup the crotch grenades are what I was talking about when you first started it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's also deeper than Kawamori.

khhn6.png
"You're not me!!!!"

are you talking about

some kind of

persona
Fuck. lol

Stratos 4 kind of has real yuri...although the reason for it is....hmmm.
The reason was stupid, iirc. lol
But, gorgeous sound track + hard, hard, hard, science fiction. Why not.

poyospittake.gif

oh shit lol
Oh shit, ice cold.
Real life is funny that way!

Theonik

Can't imagine this at all....
Maybe duckroll ages like Benjamin Button, years of Bones disappointment and hardship have taken their toll on him and he now has become a 5 year old girl.

A bit of an issue as demand for physical media slips away.
This isn't the core of the issue here or an issue at all in Japan (and it's arguable in other places) the problem is that very few people want to own TV shows in Japan period. Most people are content with seeing it for free on TV. The people purchasing them are mostly interested in "owning" the shows and physical releases are actually a good drive for that.
Amending what sort of character design I see Kayos as to this.
Needs a tiny police hat.

18,713 *3 Girls und Panzer [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
16,782 *3 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/19
12,409 *3 To LOVE-Ru Darkness [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
11,723 *2 Gintama' Enchousen [DVD]: 2012/12/19
11,036 *2 Little Busters! [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/26
*9,690 *2 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/26
*7,659 *3 Psycho-Pass [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
*7,503 *4 K [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/07
*6,534 *1 Initial D 5th Stage [DVD]: 2012/1/11
*6,249 *3 Kami-sama Hajimemashita [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/28
*2,497 *2 Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankenai yo ne [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/26
*2,494 *1 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/21
*2,392 *1 Jormungand Perfect Order [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
*2,184 *1 Busou Shinki [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/26
*1,759 *1 Ixion Sage DT [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/05
**,594 *1 Shinsekai Yori [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/30 (v2 sales)
**,*** *0 BTOOOM! [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/21
**,*** *0 Code:Breaker [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
**,*** *0 Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
**,*** *0 Sukitte Ii na yo [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/26

---

suck it chuuni!
Didnt think psycho pass would outdo k, but I guess it doesnt matter since its getting a sequel anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom