• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Love Live - 02

ZC5GM.png
fPEzo.png

Thanks for the heads up MadPierrot!

Really warming up to this show, and looking forward to next week's episode.

Mature

Can't be any worse than GitS.
Ghost in the Shell Arise can't be any worse than Ghost in the Shell? Does not compute.

Hey anime Gaf, first time here. I want to get into some anime because i plan to learn japanese and i think it's a pretty fun way tp listen the language (my english is a little rough too so forgive me if i make mistakes).
Anyways, i want to know if you could recommend me some fun anime series, mostly comedies, school life i don't know, like the one on this gif. it seems fun:

http://i.imgur.com/V2NIb.gif[IMG]

And that's it, any suggestions? Thanks![/QUOTE]
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
Level-E
Azumanga Daioh
Princess Jellyfish
Kannagi
Dark Cat

Actually, just Dark Cat.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Inferno Cop 1 - 4

iSi8cRy6Is9KE.gif

What the Dickens!? Why didn't I check this out sooner? KyoAni's animation team could learn a thing or two from this.

Narag

Now you realise how many people are just sitting there and watching our every move. Dreaming of the day they have the courage to press the Post Reply button.

It took me a month to build up that sort of courage. How cowardly I was.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We are silently judging everyone.

Carry on.

So the opposite of the IRC, since that vocally judges everyone.

EDIT: And who would have thunk kayos has been making so many posters worried about posting. Don't worry guys, he doesn't bite.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
Level-E
Azumanga Daioh
Princess Jellyfish
Kannagi
Dark Cat

Actually, just Dark Cat.

Dark Cat loses most of its entertainment value in Japanese!

Woah they are!? Thanks for the heads up.

If a few posters stop posting that is pure coincidence honest.

It's not like you need irrefutable evidence and basic due diligence from the moderation to ban someone for being an alt on NeoGAF anyway, so there's no need to start panicking now if you weren't already!

Amnesia 02

Huh, interesting. The plot is pretty out there in terms of explaining anything but that is the main draw. Does feel like the best moments of an otome game but I am interested to see what happens in the next episode now.

Reuenthal

Banned
It's the general perspective on vampires that I got through Shiki, it's all predator and prey, vampires mass murdering a human village is not much different in principal to humans mass murdering chickens for food, we just got the smarts to fight back and include morality on the issue.

Which is why I thought at the end of Shiki
when everyone went beyond simple self defense and went into overkill on anything that smelled like a vampire
I didn't think the villagers were that far above the vampires in the end.

That said I do think vampire girl deserved to die, at the end of the day it's all about survival and she started it.

When someone starts exterminating you and is a part of a species that has an almost inescapable instict to feed from you, and has power and plans to completely eradicate your species, self defense includes killing them.

In such situations there are also inoccents involved. What I am saying is that it is not feasible to have pretty solutions to certain conflicts when enemies that wish to kill you exist. Vampires must feed on blood to survive. Not killing them means losing more and more people in the night.

However I do think that some actions went too far, especially the killing of people who were not vampires at all. And it was quite ugly with dehumanization involved as well because murderers the vampires might be they were still people. Sometimes conflicts exist that survival means bad things, but at the same time that is not a justification for every action, even in bad circumstances necessitating aggression and violence for self defense there is room for some choice, so there was some going too far.

It's the general perspective on vampires that I got through Shiki, it's all predator and prey, vampires mass murdering a human village is not much different in principal to humans mass murdering chickens for food, we just got the smarts to fight back and include morality on the issue.

If you don't buy that morality is something particularly important since in principle there is not much different then you can't hold the moral highground judging that people retaliating against vampires went to far and using words like witch hunt and saying there was a switcheroo in who are the monsters and using the word monsters. Prey or not, humans are morally worthy.

I don't think that explaining how the view of seeing moral worth in humans and calling their death murder and not animals is necessary, I assume you are probably aware of that view and reasons surrounding it.

But I also understand how we, act based on instict and circumstances. The instict to be predator does not change the moral tragedy of murder. The instict and need of survival mitigates this somewhat but even if you have an instict to kill at the end of the day the group that can coexist without that and kills for self defense even if does go to far, I can't really see as the same, especially as many of the vampires are murdered humans forced into a bad situation. So there is a double tragedy here. Not only the murders it self but the fact that you increase the tragedy the more you do it. So it is a cursed existence which brings suffering to the world.

So in conclusion:

Vampires caused the tragedy and have no plan of stopping after getting the village as a base and already attacked other areas.
Humans of the village can coexist with other humans but it is impossible to coexist with vampires.
Some inoccent morally good humans who would disagree with your prey approach were murdered by vampires and later on as a fate they despised was forced upon them by the vampires that murdered them, they as vampires were killed by the villagers, being seen as monsters and not the individuals who resisted the common behavior found in their kind that they were. The girl with the crazy green hair in particular understood that because she did not want to become a predator her choice was death, and the same for that other werewolf guy.

Both the murders the vampires caused, the tragic circumstances of the vampires existence, as well as the extermination of the vamires are tragic. Which does not contradict that the elimination of the vampires was the lesser possible evil in the show and most of the tragedy we watch unfold was caused by the vampires, especially that little girl. So since you have said that she started it, maybe there is room for some agreement.

Anyway, I think I have said most stuff that I could say that is relevant to our disagreement.

Despite disagreement I did enjoy our discussion.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I suppose it took me months to post here, but reality was I just didn't have anything to say. Also I didn't silently lurk the thread. Can't remember how I jumped in. I recall an early post of mine was a one line review for a hentai craftily posted at the bottom of a page.

Nowadays Toei pretty mental when it comes to backgrounds, they love going all out on a backgrounds only to redrawn the same area whenever it's revisited dozens of times over just for the sake of it.

Backgrounds(am going to try to avoid posting spoiler pics)

You're totally right but the baratie and teh arlong park arc were really the worst offenders !
And it made "nami special episode" even more worth it as a result !

Also your pics are from after alabasta what you showed only started to happen after they went HD ( Ep 205 ) this kind of details weren't so present before.

it's like the animation team got a raise in manpower all of the sudden !!!
And it's probably what happenned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom