• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Senyu. 2

senyu2.jpg

doesn't seem like a whole lot for slaying a
demon king

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I was expecting replying to Regulus to just slip by unnoticed because the thread was too hyped. But no, suddenly anime gaf everywhere after one comment about an avatar.

This is clear proof everyone was out of steam already. Yup. Definitely.

We've been expecting you. Welcome.

Holy shit, really? GET HYP-

Nope.

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

See, people in the Famitsu thread think they know about hype implosions but that's just every day for AnimeGAF.

Syrinx

Darker Than Black 22

Well, it's official. This show is now in the homestretch.

So Amber reveals that the Syndicate has been working on a project to wipe all of the contractors off the face of the earth. Had to figure that there was gonna be a plan like that at some point. I would like some more revelations on what happened in South America.

What a way to die for the MI6 agent. Going out smoking a cigarette, and having it put out by his own blood. Damn.

LuuKyK

After the famitsu thread I felt like coming here for the first time and sharing that the last I watched was one that featured a Half-naked brazilian criminal girl that kinda captures a child? lol I sorta liked it from the few episodes I watched. I think it was called Michiko something? :S and I will not watch School Days btw. :p

OceanBlue

After the famitsu thread I felt like coming here for the first time and sharing that the last I watched was one that featured a Half-naked brazilian criminal girl that kinda captures a child? lol I sorta liked it from the few episodes I watched. I think it was called Michiko something? :S and I will not watch School Days btw. :p

Michiko to Hatchin?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Michiko to Hatchin, I liked it.

Welcome LuuKyK!

trejo

Michiko & Hatchin.

What else do you like?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Thats probably it. Does it get better? I stopped really early like in the third episode or something.

Taking my hypercritical hat off for a second, I'd call it a fun show and you probably wouldn't regret watching the rest. Anyway, welcome! And don't let anyone recommend School Days to you until you've taken some legit good recommendations!

LuuKyK

Cool, thanks guys. I will have some free time in my vacations now so I think I found something new to try. will try to keep up with this thread then. Seems like hard work though. :p

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Cool, thanks guys. I will have some free time in my vacations now so I think I found something new to try. will try to keep up with this thread then. Seems like hard work though. :p

The pace may seem a bit crazy at first but you'll adjust rather quickly. Looking forward to your future impressions. :)

You've already won the war :)

zeroshiki

I'm going to be serious and not recommend School Days today.

To all you lurkers, watch:

K-On!
K-On!!
K-On! The Movie
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu

trejo

I just finished Shiki after watching the final three episodes today and it is certainly one of my favorite anime.

It is essentially a horror tragedy and it handles several things quite well A) atmosphere B) it makes the monsters to be scary at least some of the time. C) the tragedy is quite well done and the scale of tragedy and the events that are happening is also impressive D) comes off as something quite unique. E) focuses on multiple characters and provides interesting differing perspectives of character, morality and coping with the situation F) It is an interesting morally story. G)
the story does not shy at all from killing characters.
H) has succesfull and focused world building.

The biggest problem is that incoherent priest character he was not handled that well, his character is just not that interesting to the extend that it makes any sense. I was also slightly disappointed by the ending. And I guess some of the attempt for sympathy for the antagonist although does work somewhat, at the same time it also seems kind of forced and does not work entirely.

Just wanted to chime in and say that I liked reading the whole exchange between you and Steroyd. Good stuff.

Also, my opinion of the show is basically the exact same as yours. I cannot tell you how much I raged when
the damn vampire girl managed to escape safely
. I was completely deprived of my most anticipated moment of catharsis when
Epic Beard Guy wasn't able to finish the job

Still, despite
the attempt at portraying the human side as equally monstrous as the vampires that had been murdering and converting them for the majority of the episodes which felt like too little too late and the unconvincing way that they tried to provide justification for the vampire girl's actions via the frankly incoherent reasonings of the monk guy
, I ended up greatly enjoying the show overall mostly because it had an excellent sense of tension and stakes being raised throughout that really kept me at the edge of my seat.

Plus, those hairstyles are simply much too ridiculous not to love.

I think this thread moves too fast for a lot of people.
Many who like anime but dont post here cite that as a reason.

That's kind of how it is for me. I lurk around this thread a lot, and sometimes I have to spend ten minutes digging up someone's review that I saw earlier in the day and I wanted to read after I watched the episode. It's usually buried under twelve pages of GuP gifs.

Theonik

I'm going to be serious and not recommend School Days today.

To all you lurkers, watch:

K-On!
K-On!!
K-On! The Movie
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu
Also watch HeartCatch PreCure. Then pretend nothing else in the franchise exists. Well Smile is OK too I guess.

Berserk - Golden Age Chapter II - The Capture of Doldrey
Berserk%20-%20Golden%20Age%20Chapter%20II%20-%20The%20Capture%20of%20Doldrey.jpg

Remember guys eating swords is not good for your health !

It was a fairly good movie . They did their best to hide most of the bland background and low cg Npcs and the result is watchable and enjoyable.
Disapointing when you know the attention to detail bersekr in know for in manga , but still quite good in motion.

a special mention to the music playing during the capture of doldrey..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom