• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, I just got an audition to play the lead in Accel World's English dubbing (someone named "Haruyuki").

Someone tell me about this person. The sides' description is horrible.

Oh damn, congrats. Having a gaffer play the lead in one of animegaf's most infamous shows of 2012 would be awesome. Hope you get it.

Ultimadrago

Same show, same episode.

Lryvp.gif

I miss K.O. Hobo.

Keep in mind that apparently Haru isn't actually that small or fat but he's portrayed that way because that's how he sees himself or something.

either that or i was just getting mad trolled

Novels spoilers : he's not exactly slim but he is not that fat either. there is like a real reason why he made himself as a pig for a real life avatar ..
and since you see the world with him as the focus ...that's what you get.

i should read VOL 11 & 12 ... ( but i don't have the time to )

sleepykyo

Keep in mind that apparently Haru isn't actually that small or fat but he's portrayed that way because that's how he sees himself or something.

either that or i was just getting mad trolled

As far the anime goes he is pretty fat or at least out of shape. He was the laughing stock while running laps.

Exactly what was shown. A fat kid with zero stamina.

he has none ( stamina ) he does have a lot of willpower ( very usefull for ....
The incarnate system
in the game as showed in the late part of this season)

Man you all remind me that i should finish the psp game ...!!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, it's not that I think harem is a barren genre in which nothing will sell. It's just that it's really tied to the light novel market, when before I felt like it was tied more to the manga/visual novel market. Also, I feel like, outside of a few exceptions like Chu2koi and Infinite Stratos, most popular light novel adaptations are based off of popular light novels (this kinda hasn't changed, I guess, if you think about shows like Negima or the Key adaptations). That being said, there are still manga harems and visual novel harems, but they're much less popular than the successful light novel adaptations.

I also don't know too much about this so I can't say for sure. Didn't Nogizaka Haruka decide the winner in the first season? I only watched the first season, but that could be an influential reason. I also think that it doesn't really have to do with harem tropes in particular. I think that kinda successful shows fall victim to poorer sequel sales a lot worse than more popular series like Working (is Milky Holmes a good example?). I think other people here would know more about this than I would though.

Well, the final OVAs pretty much spent half of the running time on the main love triangle, so even though there was a canon pairing, they still had to go through the :Kanna.

There's always a lot of harems to go around though. The brother fucking/don't fuck your sister harem shows and that chocolate election show immediately come to mind. Extremely disposable shows that are in and out and don't really aim to make a lasting impression. It seems like Amagami SS+ was the weird show that came back from nowhere to do a second and ultimately unnecessary second season.

I guess there are other shows with sequel seasons that go nowhere... Hayate, Working, Squid Girl, and so on. But comedies don't seem to have the longevity either since jokes seem to be easy to find anywhere. No one seems to care about Seitokai no Ichizon S2 anyway, and Seitokai Yakuindomo seems to exist strictly in OVA form now.

SMILE PRECURE 46

It was a pretty good episode ..
And joker still is for me one of the best antagonist in the entire saga. he didn't fit as a final boss but he did his job pretty well .

Smile_Precure_46.jpg

Just look at this face ..totally trustworthy !!

Well With only 1 episode to shine , the
bad end precures
did what they could...it was good but still Yes precure star did it much much better ( they also had more time ).And i say this as someone who didn't enjoy the "yes precure" saga ( yet watched them all )
Cure happy encounter was pretty fine , and so was everyone , except cure beauty that didn't have a meaningfull attack ( at least visually ) . i did enjoy cure march return , as it was spot-on with the pace of the episode.

As for the bad end and despair ..well it's was also alright ...problem is that heartcatch did the same theme much much better. This version seem "ok" but so far still inferior to precure ( first season ) or to heartcatch.

I do hope that candy does something else in that final battle except to be a portable booster or an instant win button.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Wandering Son 2

This is clearly something special. I'm really into the way they portray the characters and create dynamic scenes and dialogues by quickly switching focus between them. It makes the narrative flow amazingly well. But, like I said last week, the most impressive thing is the use of the OST. It almost feels like I'm watching a really long (and good) music video.

I think Glasses-kun is my favorite (curiously, he's the only one whose name I can't recall, haha). And I can't say I dislike any of the other characters either.

Yeah... And the middle-school drama takes me back to better days. Mainly because it never feels forced. Instead, it feels real.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 13
tumblr_mgp9hoO5f81qbxqfpo1_500.png

tumblr_mgp9hoO5f81qbxqfpo2_500.png

Such strong feeling of deja vu. Kyon had many good moments especially the opening moments and then all the times with him and Koizumi especially the last three minutes (had to be Koizumi's best poses, personality, and actions towards Kyon yet) made this probably a really good favorite episode. But it was kind of mindblowing.
When they said that theyve been repeating this cycle for like 594 years and what. Its a good thing all but one of them cant remember as they must have definitely explored every nook and cranny of that batting center, communal pool, and center. How much money would Kyon have had to spend. Poor Nagato having to just observe, must have been lonely. Honestly cant think of how they can break the cycle, hopefully they remember in the next cycle and try something. Trying to think of a hint in what Haruhi said or did.

See, people in the Famitsu thread think they know about hype implosions but that's just every day for AnimeGAF.

For you, the day that your hype lead to ruin was the worst day of your life, but for AnimeGAF it was Tuesday.

You've simply forgotten about Fuuka.
Who wins by sheer virtue of not being a self-centred jerk.

Yeah, Fuuka is easily the best of the Persona 3 girls.

PersonaGAF are proof of this, unfortunately.

Sadly, yes. I'm a huge Persona fan, but I've recently come to the conclusion that Persona fans are terrible people.

Brazil

Endless Eight is awesome. I watched them all in one day and had a blast.

I didn't. But I was proud of myself when I finished and I respect the idea behind it. Such marvelous trolling.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Endless Eight is awesome. I watched them all in one day and had a blast.

I didn't. But I was proud of myself when I finished. I respect the idea behind it, though. Such marvelous trolling.
A certain magical girl show from the past few years did the Endless Eight thing better and in only
twenty minutes
. Respect my arse, Kyoto Animation went mental.

Brazil

A certain magical girl show from the past few years did the Endless Eight thing better and in only
twenty minutes
. Respect my arse, Kyoto Animation went mental.

I don't deny it. They went batshit insane. But in hindsight I find it daring and funny.

I'd like to like Fuuka but her english dub is fucking TERRIBLE. Some of the most stilted dialogue I've heard. Playing though P3F right now and some of her lines are on the verge of painful.

Playing an undubbed P3P and hearing her as Noto Mamiko and Rie Tanaka as Mitsuru was the greatest thing I've done for myself.

Shergal

I find Endless Eight interesting because they actually went and made every episode from scratch, all down to the voice acting. Some E8 episodes are much better than others.

So after yesterday's wide spread of responses, I watched all of Angel Beats!. It started off like what Haibane Renmei would have been if they took the core concept and tried to hammer it into something more marketable. Then it kind of developed a plot, but I felt no feels, at all, ever. I didn't realize how much I wasn't feeling the show's particular bland of maudling until episode 9 when they have the inspiring moment of
the main guy signing his organ donor card as he bleeds out/dies of dehydration, causing all of the other dying of dehydration (which I'm pretty sure trashes your organs) people to whip out their cards and sign their organs away mere moments before rescue.
Then when it pops back up in the final moments of the series as a ~~~PLOT TWIST~~~ I was too busy laughing to be emotionally touched.

It is possibly the only anime I would recommend watching subtitled to very slow readers--if you read slow enough, you might spend all your time reading the subs and not have any left to look at the animation! I'm not really a stickler for technical accuracy, but all of the lighting in that show was bullshit. All of it.

Let this be a lesson that AnimeGAF is always right.

I'd like to like Fuuka but her english dub is fucking TERRIBLE. Some of the most stilted dialogue I've heard. Playing though P3F right now and some of her lines are on the verge of painful.

Whenever you reach the Answer, you can tell that her voice acting vastly improved. Of course, they didn't record her battle talk, so it goes to shit during battle.

I find Endless Eight interesting because they actually went and made every episode from scratch, all down to the voice acting. Some E8 episodes are much better than others.

Yeah, I was quite impressed with that.

I will say, I really enjoyed Endless Eight much more than the arc following afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom