• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

LOL

In a survey on the official Gundam site, the question was "What Gundam related product made an impression on you in 2012"

Unicorn came in first, SEED HD Remaster was 2nd and AGE was 3rd just slightly above Zaku Tofu.

Yes, the 50 episode Level 5 co-created all new series Gundam Age was ranked below a remastered show and just above tofu in the shape of a Zaku.

hqdefault.jpg

Theonik

LOL

In a survey on the official Gundam site, the question was "What Gundam related product made an impression on you in 2012"

Unicorn came in first, SEED HD Remaster was 2nd and AGE was 3rd just slightly above Zaku Tofu.

Yes, the 50 episode Level 5 co-created all new series Gundam Age was ranked below a remastered show and just above tofu in the shape of a Zaku.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/i4n-xGXTpTo/hqdefault.jpg
Much deserved. Tofu was robbed.

LOL

hqdefault.jpg

Serious ...the tofu should have scored higher !!!

Feep

Banned
Yo, I just got an audition to play the lead in Accel World's English dubbing (someone named "Haruyuki").

Someone tell me about this person. The sides' description is horrible.

iammeiam

So after yesterday's wide spread of responses, I watched all of Angel Beats!. It started off like what Haibane Renmei would have been if they took the core concept and tried to hammer it into something more marketable. Then it kind of developed a plot, but I felt no feels, at all, ever. I didn't realize how much I wasn't feeling the show's particular bland of maudling until episode 9 when they have the inspiring moment of
the main guy signing his organ donor card as he bleeds out/dies of dehydration, causing all of the other dying of dehydration (which I'm pretty sure trashes your organs) people to whip out their cards and sign their organs away mere moments before rescue.
Then when it pops back up in the final moments of the series as a ~~~PLOT TWIST~~~ I was too busy laughing to be emotionally touched.

It is possibly the only anime I would recommend watching subtitled to very slow readers--if you read slow enough, you might spend all your time reading the subs and not have any left to look at the animation! I'm not really a stickler for technical accuracy, but all of the lighting in that show was bullshit. All of it.

Dresden

Yo, I just got an audition to play the lead in Accel World's English dubbing (someone named "Haruyuki").

Imagine that someone is kicking you in the balls while you're drinking out of a toilet bowl. That's the lead.

hmYGA.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

This is amazing.

Guy's insuferrable. Looks down on himself because he looks like Cartman while everyone else is beautiful. He gets better over time with a lot of character development but never stops being saved by his waifu.

A lot of screaming.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
So after yesterday's wide spread of responses, I watched all of Angel Beats!. It started off like what Haibane Renmei would have been if they took the core concept and tried to hammer it into something more marketable. Then it kind of developed a plot, but I felt no feels, at all, ever. I didn't realize how much I wasn't feeling the show's particular bland of maudling until episode 9 when they have the inspiring moment of
the main guy signing his organ donor card as he bleeds out/dies of dehydration, causing all of the other dying of dehydration (which I'm pretty sure trashes your organs) people to whip out their cards and sign their organs away mere moments before rescue.
Then when it pops back up in the final moments of the series as a ~~~PLOT TWIST~~~ I was too busy laughing to be emotionally touched.

It is possibly the only anime I would recommend watching subtitled to very slow readers--if you read slow enough, you might spend all your time reading the subs and not have any left to look at the animation! I'm not really a stickler for technical accuracy, but all of the lighting in that show was bullshit. All of it.

We warned you dawg.

Also women love him despite having no redeeming qualities.

The perfect projection character.

Branduil

iOlRBK5hXQhlb.gif

sleepykyo

He is an insecure, obese kid in middle school with literally no redeeming traits. He frequently plays video games to escape reality. He's what video game players in anime should be instead of Kirito, but such a brutal depiction would set the anime industry back a decade.

Basically.

cajunator

Banned
Angel Beats is like Haibane Renmei if you turned the saturation up, took out all the subtlety, drowned it in modernity, and shot it in the face.
It is still fun to watch, however.

Theonik

This is what happens when you don't trust people! Anime should have taught you better than that!

wonzo

Banned
Keep in mind that apparently Haru isn't actually that small or fat but he's portrayed that way because that's how he sees himself or something.

either that or i was just getting mad trolled

Theonik

Keep in mind apparently Haru isn't actually that small or fat but that's the way he's portrayed because that's how he sees himself or something.

either that or i was just getting mad trolled
Would explain that crazy scale inconsistency with the toilets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom