• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haitai Nanafa 01

kv3gc.jpg

Hey, this looks nice.

Visually it looks good for a 3 minute piece. And looks fun as well.

Jex

The hate for Chuu-2 is strong in this thread

I wouldn't necessairly call it hate, I'd call it a broad spectrum of opinions. Some people seem genuinely annoyed by it however I am most indifferent to the series because it simply wasn't my cup of tea.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I wouldn't necessairly call it hate, I'd call it a broad spectrum of opinions. Some people seem genuinely annoyed by it however I am most indifferent to the series because it simply wasn't my cup of tea.

You survived through SAO. I think you can pretty much handle anything now.

Ryuukan

Fun fact I lurked animegaf for like 2 months before I made my first post. I thought the place was creepy and didn't want to associate myself there while I spent my time posting in sports threads and some other places.

My first few posts only came because duckroll kept going on and on about how ufotable sucked and how fate/zero would suck.

Crazy how things change!

Wow. I was such a loser back then. :(

z4DJs.png

What exactly has changed here?

Dead

well not really...yet
What were animegafs thoughts on the last Shinkai movie?

I see a lot of divided opinion, good and bad. The Ghibli-ish art style is appealing too (though reminds me more of Xam'd than any actual Ghibli work, lol)

DiGiKerot

What were animegafs thoughts on the last Shinkai movie?

I see a lot of divided opinion, good and bad. The Ghibli-ish art style is appealing too (though reminds me more of Xam'd than any actual Ghibli work, lol)

I've seen it three times at this point - twice in the cinema, and once of the Japanese Blu-Ray. I found it incredibly boring on all three occasions. I've never been the hugest Shinkai fan, though.

Dead

well not really...yet
I've seen it three times at this point - twice in the cinema, and once of the Japanese Blu-Ray. I found it incredibly boring on all three occasions. I've never been the hugest Shinkai fan, though.
Im not really a fan either, just the look is appealing to me

duckroll

That sounds like an enormous waste of time for something you don't care for. Lol.

Branduil

While designs are, of course, an important factor in my enjoyment of a title I am far more interested to hear details about the staff involved with this project, what kind of story they intend to cover and so forth. In all honesty it seems like the Ghost in the Shell property is one that has already been explored quite seriously in the various anime incarnations that it's had so I am intrigued to learn if/how they intend to avoid retreading old ground.

The popular theory seems to be a "prequel" kind of story.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The real trick is to learn not to pick certain shows up at all, therefore saving you time in the long run.

Are you telling me not to trust the fine people in this thread who recommended things like Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and Vividred Operation? If I only trusted my own instincts, then...........well, actually, I suddenly see your point.

DiGiKerot

Im not really a fan either, just the look is appealing to me

The movie itself is pretty much a mix of Shinkai's usual themes and Miyazaki's Laputa - the Laputa influence is pretty staggeringly obvious, increasingly so as the movie goes on, and particularly in the movies visual design. There's entire sequences which are deliberately mimicking the visual style used in similar cuts in Laputa.

I actually like all that stuff about it, derivative as it might be, but I have all sort of weird issues with the narrative. It's got some real problems with focus, and it just serves to both make the movie feel bloated, and it removes a lot of tension from the proceeding by never really adequately providing a source.

Syrinx

Darker Than Black 23

I think the relationship between Hei and Kirihara may be my favorite one in the show. I like the dynamic they have of being friendly acquaintances from the mob boss daughter episode. Though I guess they did actually go on an actual date in this episode, but that's more because of Kirihara being stressed out more than any romantic interest. She can swing a baseball bat.

Major shit's going down though. The final three episodes have a lot of ground to cover.

DiGiKerot

I was thinking the same. why watch a movie three times if you don't like it?

I was tired the first time I saw it (I'd been in Edinburgh for SLA for the three days before the screening, then hopped on a train down to London for the screening), so figured it wasn't really the best of circumstances in which to watch and judge the movie.

A friend of mine - who I probably shouldn't of listened to given that I know he's a Shinkai fanboy - insisted it was actually pretty good, which is why I ended up watching it again via the BD.

The third time was because I was at a movie event, it was between other movies I was going to see, and I knew people who were going to subject themselves to it.

Dead

well not really...yet
Darker Than Black 23

I think the relationship between Hei and Kirihara may be my favorite one in the show. I like the dynamic they have of being friendly acquaintances from the mob boss daughter episode. Though I guess they did actually go on an actual date in this episode, but that's more because of Kirihara being stressed out more than any romantic interest. She can swing a baseball bat.

Major shit's going down though. The final three episodes have a lot of ground to cover.
you only have 2 episodes left for the main plot actually. 26 was a side story included in the DVDs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sometimes it's healthy to, you know, not be doing stuff on the internet.
Well I suppose there are some loony people who still buy Nuts magazine.

You make it sound far creepier than it is. Perhaps they just feel like they have nothing to contribute right now which is something I have certainly felt in the past.
I could probably make a lot of things sound creepier than they are.

I can't believe OT2 isnt winning.
Your campaign was rubbish quite frankly. There was no way you could beat us in the -5 party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom