• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
K 10:

k10-1sausv.gif

KWALITY

This is spectacular.

I really liked her in the Fate and UBW routes. HF however, changed my mind. Pretty much hate the bitch now.

Just pretend that version doesn't exist.

/XX/

PoeticProse makes me look at the impressions I write and weep. God damn.
Practically anyone here should be weeping, comparing our impressions to PoeticProse22 ones. That's a very normal thing!

No one ever
hyped Italy up, though.
The first graphical novel adaptation kind of did at the time!
It was announced that the battle with Anzio High School would be featured on there even before the series' episode aired (actually, it was omitted the match against Saunders University High School instead on that said adaptation). Because of this many expected much more before episode 7 really happened as is. Sadly done, as Anchovy shows she is quite a capable commander compared to practically anyone else in the show!

The website has sony music involved. Aniplex?
Sony Music Entertainment Japan Inc., has a stake on every noitaminA show's music licensing, as they support the block as a whole... but their subsidiary Aniplex Inc., doesn't have to be involved necessarily in the production of every show there. There is still and ambivalence between Visual Business Group inside Sony Music Entertainment Japan Inc., and the proper Aniplex Inc., choosing what kind of unified, or not, investment they make on a project.

Pooya

Just adapt Heaven's Feel. I think that'll be good.

I generally get the impression that Heaven's Feel isn't very popular among their fans, the way some notable fan favorite characters are treated in particular might not be good for their sales and fan service aspect, not that I care :p

the best way would be getting someone to write a new plot by combining aspects and story elements from 3 routes and making it into one, it's nature of the VN that no route is the complete story. that doesn't work for TV anime obviously.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I came very close to posting the Economics gif in that moé thread.

This time I exercised better judgement.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I know. Its amazing.
People are so gung-ho against cuteness in anime its hilarious.
I am probably the absolute anti-christ to some on this forum and likely on several ignore lists.

I guess we're discovering the anime fans on GAF who have never seen Cowboy Bebop or Sailor Moon! Props to XiaNaphryz to seeing my post and then having the good sense to say "oh, wait, that's the one guy from Bebop, isn't it?" :lol

cajunator

Banned
I guess we're discovering the anime fans on GAF who have never seen Cowboy Bebop or Sailor Moon! Props to XiaNaphryz to seeing my post and then having the good sense to say "oh, wait, that's the one guy from Bebop, isn't it?" :lol

Sailor Moon is too uguu for their discerning tastes.

I was wondering, is there some sort of site that has a Netflix-like recommendation for Anime? I'm finding it increasingly hard to find shows that fit the style that I like. I would just love it if I could rate the ones I have watched and then have recommendations thrown my way.

Jex

The popular theory seems to be a "prequel" kind of story.

Eh. If you're having to move to 'prequel' territory that generally means you've explored most of the interesting material and that now it's time to make some new stuff up - which isn't a good sign. I can't think of many examples where it's worked well or improved the overall fiction.

Narag

Eh. If you're having to move to 'prequel' territory that generally means you've explored most of the interesting material and that now it's time to make some new stuff up - which isn't a good sign. I can't think of many examples where it's worked well or improved the overall fiction.

It'll tie in with Mardock Scramble as Rune Balot adopts the name of Makoto Kusanagi.

Jex

Are you telling me not to trust the fine people in this thread who recommended things like Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and Vividred Operation? If I only trusted my own instincts, then...........well, actually, I suddenly see your point.

It might sound a little lazy but I tend to look at the opinions of a few people that I generally align with and then make my decisions regarding entertainment based on that. Yes, the inherent flaw in such a system is that I'm removed from exposure to the product itself and, as such, am operating on the basis of subjective reports but nevertheless it's vastly preferable to actually trying to watch every single 'potentially' good show a season.

Narag

It might sound a little lazy but I tend to look at the opinions of a few people that I generally align with and then make my decisions regarding entertainment based on that. Yes, the inherent flaw in such a system is that I'm removed from exposure to the product itself and, as such, am operating on the basis of subjective reports but nevertheless it's vastly preferable to actually trying to watch every single 'potentially' good show a season.

I thought this was normal behavior actually.

/XX/

Just in case... anyone knows of a database for upcoming events more complete than the one on moca news (http://moca-news.net/cgi-bin/event/event.cgi)? Sometimes it doesn't makes reference to important ones inside non-specific to the industry fairs or expos, but I think I remember visiting time ago a site that did... but I'm not sure!

I actually did miss that! Thanks for the link.
My pleasure! This looks so good it needs all the expectant people it can get.

Jex

I thought this was normal behavior actually.

Lots of people really seem to relish the 'hands on' experience and to an extent I can understand their reasoning. After all, I could experience a show and write a discussion about a series in such a way that it anyone reading my impressions would believe the show to be a vile mound of puss where as in reality you might actually enjoy the work if you sat down and watched it yourself. However, with the various shows that are released each season it very much seems to be the case of what you see if what you. If it looks like a bad harem comedy it's probably going to be a bad harem comedy. Judging a book by it's cover may by unfair but sometimes it's completely justified.

Narag

Lots of people really seem to relish the 'hands on' experience and to an extent I can understand their reasoning. After all, I could experience a show and write a discussion about a series in such a way that it anyone reading my impressions would believe the show to be a vile mound of puss where as in reality you might actually enjoy the work if you sat down and watched it yourself. However, with the various shows that are released each season it very much seems to be the case of what you see if what you. If it looks like a bad harem comedy it's probably going to be a bad harem comedy. Judging a book by it's cover may by unfair but sometimes it's completely justified.

Thankfully you gave Upotte! that chance for the good of the thread.

Narag

See, I already set up an account there and have most of my stuff rated, but is there some sort of hidden area where I can view my recommendations based off of my ratings? All I seem to find is general recommendations for the entire site done within the past hour.

Individual show pages will have associated recommendations in a tab iirc. Unwieldy but a start.

cajunator

Banned
See, I already set up an account there and have most of my stuff rated, but is there some sort of hidden area where I can view my recommendations based off of my ratings? All I seem to find is general recommendations for the entire site done within the past hour.

Im pretty sure each individual show has recommendations listed, but as for something specifically tailored to your interests, I dont think the site has what you're looking for.

Steroyd

If you click on a series you've watched, on the right side there's a reccomendation tab that shows you other seires like it, with people's small summary as to why it's similar.

Theonik

I am trying to envision the massive pole one would need up their ass to reject Sailor Moon at face on grounds of "moe".
You don't have to envision anything. It was an actual thing.
*link to that archived post about the Kawaii movement killing anime*

Recommendations don't rely on your scores and appear on a per show basis on their page*. They kinda suck though.
*user recommendations that is.

wonzo

Banned
What were animegafs thoughts on the last Shinkai movie?

I see a lot of divided opinion, good and bad. The Ghibli-ish art style is appealing too (though reminds me more of Xam'd than any actual Ghibli work, lol)
It's pretty bad but at least the clouds are nice!

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Unfortunately the site can't generate recommendations based on the scores on your list. All recommendations are created by users and are found on individual anime pages directly under the reviews section. You pretty much have to think to yourself "I want to watch an anime that has x in common with y show", find that show's page, and read through the recommendations to see if someone has recommended something else based on the aspect or criteria you're looking for. There's no easy or automatic way to find what you want.

or you could always just seek recommendations here, we're generally on the mark!

Jex

Thankfully you gave Upotte! that chance for the good of the thread.

Sometimes a show crosses that line for the greater good but it's not genuinely worth exposing yourself to all the filth on the off-chance that one of those terrible-looking shows will manage to be mildly entertaining.

wonzo

Banned
The official site for the Aku no Hana anime has finally opened: http://akunohana-anime.jp/

You can see the rotoscoping technique being used in the Introduction section, like I mentioned before. I guess this is what happens when you want realistic character motion and you don't have money for motion capture CG or good character animators?!?!?!?!????? Lol??????
You have to click on something on the left after clicking on Introduction. The site sucks anyway. Here's the preview (the people in this demo are staff members, it's not representative of the anime's characters):

X1grr.jpg
Hmmm, I'll wait and see until more stuff comes out.

cajunator

Banned
Now thaT I'm pretty much awake and alert, gonna go grab some bubble tea and settle in for some more K-On. Tried to watch episode 7 this morning and fell asleep. I hadn't slept since Monday at 4 PM.

Metrotab

Banned
Haven't watched anime in a few days, that's what 2 consecutive exam days and a VN addiction does to ya. Time to work on that backlog!

Winter Backlog Anonymous: Windy Tales - 1

This is some funky art design. Looks like a modernist comic book.

I love dreamy shows like this though. I'm already intrigued by this wind-world with the cat. The musical accompaniment fits really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom