• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Sentai Releases for April 2013

4/9
- INU X BOKU SS COMPLETE COLLECTION (DVD/Bluray)
- LETTER BEE SEASON 2 COLLECTION 1 (DVD)

4/16
- HIIRO NO KAKERA SEASON 1 (DVD/Bluray)
- PLACE TO PLACE COMPLETE COLLECTION (DVD)

4/23
- HAKUOKI OVA COLLECTION (DVD)
- PSYCHIC DETECTIVE YAKUMO COMPLETE COLLECTION (DVD)

4/30
- QWASER OF STIGMATA II COMPLETE (DVD)

Jarmel

Banned
Eh. If you're having to move to 'prequel' territory that generally means you've explored most of the interesting material and that now it's time to make some new stuff up - which isn't a good sign. I can't think of many examples where it's worked well or improved the overall fiction.

Not necessarily. I can think of quite a few cases where the prequels were a very good thing for the canon.

I generally get the impression that Heaven's Feel isn't very popular among their fans, the way some notable fan favorite characters are treated in particular might not be good for their sales and fan service aspect, not that I care :p

the best way would be getting someone to write a new plot by combining aspects and story elements from 3 routes and making it into one, it's nature of the VN that no route is the complete story. that doesn't work for TV anime obviously.

That's very true. There seems to be a contingent of people who don't like HF because they don't like Sakura. There is a running joke that Sakura is a slut. Either way, she's viewed way below Rin and sometimes behind Saber.

Indeed the ideal way would be to combine all three routes but then we get some monster like the F/SN TV series. That said, if someone like Urobuchi or just someone capable in general then that would actually be preferable than just HF. UBW has some of the best fights in the series and it also contains some necessary stuff for HF.

Rin's stupid either way.

Heathen.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Who do you think gave me the idea? What a terrible influence.

In other Ghost in the Shell: Arise news:

- Batou's consciousness is now in a cyborg mouse that stays in Motoko's pocket

- Tachikomas now take the form of six-wheeled stretch limousines with snowplows that traverse the skies on clouds of green ether

- the antagonist is rumored to be a sadistic mafia scientist sewn together from bits of previous franchise villains named Individualeleven the Laughingman.

cajunator

Banned

4/9
- INU X BOKU SS COMPLETE COLLECTION (DVD/Bluray)

4/16
- PLACE TO PLACE COMPLETE COLLECTION (DVD)

4/23
- PSYCHIC DETECTIVE YAKUMO COMPLETE COLLECTION (DVD)

4/30

I missed this announcement!
Damn it I hope Ben-To gets licensed too. Or has it?

Kagami

However, with the various shows that are released each season it very much seems to be the case of what you see is what you get. If it looks like a bad harem comedy it's probably going to be a bad harem comedy. Judging a book by it's cover may by unfair but sometimes it's completely justified.

Oh I definitely agree with that.
The covers are designed to be judged by, really.

Usually I feel I can safely ignore around half the shows that come out each season.
And usually there's three or four that I'm actively hopeful about.
It's the remaining dozen or so that I check out "just in case."

Mature

boom
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mature

In other Ghost in the Shell: Arise news:

- Batou's consciousness is now in a cyborg mouse that stays in Motoko's pocket

- Tachikomas now take the form of six-wheeled stretch limousines with snowplows that traverse the skies on clouds of green ether

- the antagonist is rumored to be a sadistic mafia scientist sewn together from bits of previous franchise villains named Individualeleven the Laughingman.
The setting is Neo Verona.

Kazzy

I'm sort of tempted to nuke my backlog on there. Maybe do that from time to time and repopulate as I see fit.

I never treat it as a definite thing, more of a reference point, should I ever tire of any one thing. I don't ever feel guilt for not getting through everything.

Which reminds me, my backlog season is under-way. My latest pre-Christmas package has finally arrived. Cajun, I'm holding you partly responsible.

And I've actually owned Welcome to The Space Show for a while, but I need to remind myself to actually watch it. Seeing as I bought it on a whim, I have no idea how it was received. What is the opinion in here?

Jex

Not necessarily. I can think of quite a few cases where the prequels were a very good thing for the canon.
Well I suppose Fate/Zero is pretty great but, ironically, I think Fate/Zero is actually negatively affected by the fact that it has to tie into the rest of the universe, rather than the other way around. It would almost be better if it was allowed to develop it's own path.

4/16

4/23

4/30

Guess Im getting at least one anime a week in that month. Most Excited for Letter Bee, wish I could only get like the first few episode of Qwaser II as the rest was just plain garbage and atrocious trash.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Metrotab

This is probably the longest 'Watching' list I've had so far since I started it.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrJeff

Bit abandoned in recent months but...

Mines

cajunator

Banned
I never treat it as a definite thing, more of a reference point, should I ever tire of any one thing. I don't ever feel guilt for not getting through everything.

Which reminds me, my backlog season is under-way. My latest pre-Christmas package has finally arrived. Cajun, I'm holding you partly responsible.

And I've actually owned Welcome to The Space Show for a while, but I need to remind myself to actually watch it.

Which part am I responsible for? XD

Nafe

mTAId.jpg

Varion

Unfortunately the site can't generate recommendations based on the scores on your list. All recommendations are created by users and are found on individual anime pages directly under the reviews section. You pretty much have to think to yourself "I want to watch an anime that has x in common with y show", find that show's page, and read through the recommendations to see if someone has recommended something else based on the aspect or criteria you're looking for. There's no easy or automatic way to find what you want.

or you could always just seek recommendations here, we're generally on the mark!
Oh well, its close enough. Sucks there is no auto-finding recommendations though.

That sounds good, I'll try to find some on my own, and if i get stuck I'll seek help here.

Thanks everyone :)

Thought I should pop in and say hi, since I'll be visiting this thread as well!

Though I am horribly backed up with the amount of unfinished anime from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom