• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fw23Wl.jpg

cWaE8l.jpg

Anime, both subverting and reaffirming female stereotypes in one fell swoop.

I suppose it's interesting that they would even acknowledge how mercenary photoshopping and modelling can be. Given that France made it illegal, I figure the rest of the world will catch up in 50 to a 100 years. :p

Varion

Apparently I hate supernatural despite the fact half the shows I watch have supernatural elements somewhere. Lies.

Also
…so you might check this
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 2nd A's
Yeah rub in it's not out on bluray for another 3 months why don't you.

Metrotab

Banned
I used to have a textfile but MAL has some interesting information on shows. I also don't have to copy the textfile between my PC and laptop.

Tamako Market - 2

Some focus on the blonde girl this time, although everything was pretty vague. Next episode is gonna be about the girl with glasses, I presume.

Theonik

Hopefully, this thread will one day move beyond the tyranny of lists. Gotta fly with your heart.
I'd forget what I have and haven't watched if it wasn't for lists. For years I was plagued with forgetting where I left shows also.

That shit says that my favourite studio is KyoAni and I say FUCK YOU YOU STUPID SOFTWARE
"Basically, it's a weighted difference between mean score of your anime for given studio and your average score.

If you rated less than 10% of your anime, group sizes will be used instead – without referring to scores whatsoever."

Youre anti Yuri?

Mines seems to suggest Im anti ecchi.
It just happens I haven't seen that many Yuri anime I guess. As it Anime that MAL deems Yuri.

Tamako Market 02

Not a bad episode. Lots of vague focus on the blonde girl which I didn't follow one bit, but the shopping district's energy was great which really carried the show.

I also expect lots of bunny.gifs from all of you.

It might sound a little lazy but I tend to look at the opinions of a few people that I generally align with and then make my decisions regarding entertainment based on that. Yes, the inherent flaw in such a system is that I'm removed from exposure to the product itself and, as such, am operating on the basis of subjective reports but nevertheless it's vastly preferable to actually trying to watch every single 'potentially' good show a season.

I assumed that was normal.

That's what I usually do, at least. I pay attention to what a few trusted people are praising (and then try to make sure they aren't trolling), and consider checking borderline stuff out because of that. I'm not going to waste my time watching every show just on the off chance it could be good. I think I'm usually good at picking out shows ahead of time that look promising, so it's just a matter of seeing what potentially good stuff flew under my radar or wound up being better than people expected.

CorvoSol

Gundam AGE 17

Could this be any more cliche? The resident Xehanort "Char" Clone is having trouble coping with the fact that during his mission to infiltrate Flit's house he became legit friends with Not-Frau Bow Jr., and caught up in a GUH, love triangle between Asemu, Xehanort Zeheart, and Rosemary, er, no, Romary because we're morons and can't spell.

On the day of the big game, Zeheart, who is totally not Xehanort despite having a similar name, and also yellow eyes, white hair, and dark skin just like Xehanort, and is totally not a clone of Wooooooolf Treacle or whatever in spite of looking AND SOUNDING just like him, ZEHEART GALLETTE ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL ditched Assmu Assno so he could get in his Gekiganger Tekkaman "Dorado" and carry out the mission.

Also other things happened that no one gave a damn about because this is Gundam AGE and it's not like it matters. I mean, here we are, xty years down the road and did Flit use his AGE system to build an indestructible army to defend the Federation he claims to love? Nope. Did Flit use his Gundam to mass produce Gundams so all those normal, not ace pilots like Lagran could stand a chance of being more than just cannon fodder? Nope. Is Flit Asuno hereafter responsible for anybody who dies in Mobile Suit combat because they didn't have a Gundam he could have built for them? Yes.

And before someone goes "But that'd remove the difficulty and tension from the plot!" Allow me to say "THEN THE WRITER SHOULD'VE THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE GIVING MR. FAILED SAVIOR INFINITE AMMO AND INSTA KILL POWER."

Theonik

Oh btw, to that person asking for a way to get recommendations out of MAL, MALgraph actually uses your scores and similarities between them to give you recommendations. (basically finds similar shows and sorts them by your ratings, ie shows similar to cowboy bebop will precede shows similar to Angel Beats! if you rated them 10 and 3 respectively.)

Ultimadrago

You must rate at least 1 show.
Don't do it, my "I love Chinese cartoons" achievement is the only thing I have to be proud of in there

I just noticed that my graph got a "Normal High School Boy" achievement. I was wondering when I would get one
though they're useless just like game achievements!

Tamako Market 2

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. This episode had an almost unnecessary focus on Midori for some reason. Probably to further acknowledge her obvious vaglust for Tamako.
I really hope the entire shopping district finding out about the bird's prince via his magic projection screen powers goes somewhere next episode.

Narag

Oh btw, to that person asking for a way to get recommendations out of MAL, MALgraph actually uses your scores and similarities between them to give you recommendations. (basically finds similar shows and sorts them by your ratings, ie shows similar to cowboy bebop will precede shows similar to Angel Beats! if you rated them 10 and 3 respectively.)

Thought the recommendations there were just associated stuff one hadn't watched from the individual show page.

Mr.Jeff

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito - 04

Nothing says inconspicuous like two women wearing cloaks with the hoods up in blazing sunshine.

As much as I'd like to try and do a write up like previously, I really can't do it justice. Suffice to say that in the first 10 minutes we're introduced to an idea of nobility which is utterly ridiculous. I can only think it was written this way because i) it's a clever way of pointing out the absurdity of the class system or ii) the writers were fucking nuts.

I'm amazed they continued on using what appeared to be a throwaway character from the previous episode though. Even though really, they should get around to using the ones they already have but never-mind. I don't understand why they need to make her wear a bondage outfit though when it is entirely out of her supposed character. Edit: Oh, I see. They show you precisely why they need her to wear that later.

A tiny little bit of me died at the ritual scene when this happened though. I can only imagine how the staff must have been congratulating themselves at such a piece of symbolism.

Augh, what is the point of any of this?!

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven

Guys who rock:
Renton
Kengo
Hilda

People who should die before the next episode because I can't stand them:
Eureka's children
Talho.

Quasar

I have to say I'm kind of bummed by the limited feature set of myanmelist. Especially surrounding friends and recommendations.

cajunator

Banned
Gundam AGE 17

Could this be any more cliche? The resident Xehanort "Char" Clone is having trouble coping with the fact that during his mission to infiltrate Flit's house he became legit friends with Not-Frau Bow Jr., and caught up in a GUH, love triangle between Asemu, Xehanort Zeheart, and Rosemary, er, no, Romary because we're morons and can't spell.

On the day of the big game, Zeheart, who is totally not Xehanort despite having a similar name, and also yellow eyes, white hair, and dark skin just like Xehanort, and is totally not a clone of Wooooooolf Treacle or whatever in spite of looking AND SOUNDING just like him, ZEHEART GALLETTE ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL ditched Assmu Assno so he could get in his Gekiganger Tekkaman "Dorado" and carry out the mission.

Also other things happened that no one gave a damn about because this is Gundam AGE and it's not like it matters. I mean, here we are, xty years down the road and did Flit use his AGE system to build an indestructible army to defend the Federation he claims to love? Nope. Did Flit use his Gundam to mass produce Gundams so all those normal, not ace pilots like Lagran could stand a chance of being more than just cannon fodder? Nope. Is Flit Asuno hereafter responsible for anybody who dies in Mobile Suit combat because they didn't have a Gundam he could have built for them? Yes.

And before someone goes "But that'd remove the difficulty and tension from the plot!" Allow me to say "THEN THE WRITER SHOULD'VE THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE GIVING MR. FAILED SAVIOR INFINITE AMMO AND INSTA KILL POWER."

Who on earth recommended this show to you? I want names!

I just noticed that my graph got a "Normal High School Boy" achievement. I was wondering when I would get one
though they're useless just like game achievements!

I have no achievements. Kind of like my gaming profiles XD

Tamako Market 2

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. This episode had an almost unnecessary focus on Midori for some reason. Probably to further acknowledge her obvious vaglust for Tamako.
I really hope the entire shopping district finding out about the bird's prince via his magic projection screen powers goes somewhere next episode.

Will watch this today. Hnnngh indeed.

Oh, we're posting MAL lists again?
List
Graphs

Yes, I know I haven't rated anything.
No, I don't really care.

Thats a shit ton of animu. You haven't watched Omishi Magical Theater Risky Safety.
At least you saw android announcer Maico.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito - 04

As much as I'd like to try and do a write up like previously, I really can't do it justice. Suffice to say that in the first 10 minutes we're introduced to an idea of nobility which is utterly ridiculous. I can only think it was written this way because i) it's a clever way of pointing out the absurdity of the class system or ii) the writers were fucking nuts.

I'm amazed they continued on using what appeared to be a throwaway character from the previous episode though. Even though really, they should get around to using the ones they already have but never-mind. I don't understand why they need to make her wear a bondage outfit though when it is entirely out of her supposed character. Edit: Oh, I see. They show you precisely why they need her to wear that later.

A tiny little bit of me died at the ritual scene when this happened though. I can only imagine how the staff must have been congratulating themselves at such a piece of symbolism.

Augh, what is the point of any of this?!

The point is Yami.

Add me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom