• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Thought the recommendations there were just associated stuff one hadn't watched from the individual show page.
Yeah it looks for stuff that is associated through MAL which is usually stuff from the same franchise. They are still sorted by your rating though as opposed to how MAL does it so it's somewhat better.

I just noticed that my graph got a "Normal High School Boy" achievement. I was wondering when I would get one
though they're useless just like game achievements!
Congrats on your meaningless achievement!

wonzo

Banned
Haitai Nanafa 2
haitainanafa2.jpg
haitainanafa2a.jpg

grandpa otaku ghost > *

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Mouryou no Hako 2

How shallow am I for recognizing Natsume Souseki's name as "that writer fella that's mentioned in a Persona 4 quiz"? Haha.

But, man, what the hell is going on here?

I still have absolutely no idea of what this show is actually about (other than creepy dolls), and halfway through this episode I was starting to get a bit annoyed by the nonsense... But something about that last sequence made me do a 180º and suddenly become interested in knowing more. Now I'm just hoping that the girl from the first episode won't be the focus of the plot anymore.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Tamako Market 2

I think moreso than the visuals I really enjoy Tamako's voice. It's portrayed very well and it's something that I really enjoy while watching episode. It has an air of lightheartedness as well as some whimsiness. Having said that, this episode was sort of a bore. I'm hoping that there is an overarching plot to the next 23 episodes and not end up like K-On where it's random shit happening.

Novid

Banned
After the death of Aaron Swartz, who created the fucking basis of web 2.0 (not the stupid grafix - RSS) and the bullshit pulled by the Feds dealing with Kim Dotcom (yea, he isnt a good man) i have to wonder... why the fuck Crunchyroll got favored nation status? wernt they the "bad guys" too if were going by who did wrong in this Internet thing? But instead of those fucks from berkey going to pound your ass prison - they pull the wool over peoples eyes and for 7.95 in HD, DFC.

partly the reason why i want out of IT. and Swartz's death is making my choice even more clearer by the day.

Branduil

After the death of Aaron Swartz, who created the fucking basis of web 2.0 (not the stupid grafix - RSS) and the bullshit pulled by the Feds dealing with Kim Dotcom (yea, he isnt a good man) i have to wonder... why the fuck Crunchyroll got favored nation status? wernt they the "bad guys" too if were going by who did wrong in this Internet thing? But instead of those fucks from berkey going to pound your ass prison - they pull the wool over peoples eyes and for 7.95 in HD, DFC.

partly the reason why i want out of IT. and Swartz's death is making my choice even more clearer by the day.

i82Z0LSJdBoqH.jpg

wonzo

Banned
One Off OVA:

Was that a yuri ending?
I guess we won't find out until the sequel that'll never come.

shut up

Saprol

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/saprol

Usually I'll hear about something vaguely interesting and I'll add it to Watching even if I had no intention to watch it any time soon. Can't wait to finish stuffing Summer/Winter 2012 backlog there. I use Taiga to manage MAL so I don't view the site as much. This background art I set reminds me I haven't watched Madoka yet. :/

I just noticed that my graph got a "Normal High School Boy" achievement. I was wondering when I would get one
though they're useless just like game achievements!

Sweet sweet chievos. That's the only one I have as well.

jgminto

Wandering Son 2
There was some schedule or something for backlog. I don't care I'm only watching this so I'll watch it whenever. Pretty slow episode. Fleshing out the characters seemed like the main goal with ep 2. The relationships between all of the characters were explored and not much else. I think this pace suits the show just fine though. I'd rather it not just jump into things like some ridiculous melodrama. The art style is still fantastic.

Also here's my list if anyone cares. Probably missing some things I've watched but I'll add them when they pop into my head.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/jgminto

Mature

I feel like AnimeGaf is all in a room talking, then suddenly, completely out of nowhere, a door that wasn't there SLAMS open and in walks Novid mid-sentence talking about something vaguely related to the topic in the room.

It might be annoying if it wasn't so unabashedly insane great.

CorvoSol

Rah Xephon 4

Perhaps the most straigtforward episode thus far. Super sure Mishima only exists inside Kamina's head now. But that'd be too logical.

cajunator

Banned

Care to explain? I know about Swartz and he committed suicide but what does it have to do with Crunchyroll?

I feel like AnimeGaf is all in a room talking, then suddenly, completely out of nowhere, a door that wasn't there SLAMS open and in walks Novid mid-sentence talking about something vaguely related to the topic in the room.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Novid

Banned

im the dark cloud that can't stop raining on everybodies parade.

Jintor

It's part of his charm

Novid

Banned
Care to explain? I know about Swartz and he committed suicide but what does it have to do with Crunchyroll?

The feds went after Swartz over a bunch of acdemic papers.
Crunchyroll was stealing anime using Huwaei servers.
Instead of the feds well, doing what the federalies do - they go after Swartz over bullshit...

Metrotab

Banned
Winter Backlog Anonymous: Hataraki Man - 2

Am I right to presume a 'stakeout' is basically glorified tabloid/paparazzi journalism?

The guy seems to be the quintessential burned out employee.

sonicmj1

Winter Backlog Anonymous: Hataraki Man - 2

Am I right to presume a 'stakeout' is basically glorified tabloid/paparazzi journalism? The guy seems to be the quintessential burned out employee.

I don't think it's even "glorified". It seems like most people in the office avoid being involved with it because that's what it is.

Maedhros

Instead of the feds well, doing what the federalies do - they go after Swartz over bullshit...

Do you have proof?

If yes: why are you posting here?
If no: why are you posting here?

Theonik

More like afraid of the truth of malgraph.
That too
I can't be the only one that has madhouse so elevated in there can I?
How is Puchimas? Does it live up to the standard Idolm@ster set?
It's a cheap flash show. Take that as an indicator to what you should expect. You may still like it. Since it's a short show give a couple of eps shot. Worse things get linked on GAF threads.

cajunator

Banned

Crunchyroll went legit though.
Plus its probably much easier to sue/convict a single person than it is members of a corporation.

wonzo

Banned
oh great now the chinese are in on it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom