• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who uses the favorite character list as a pseudo top 10?

tumblr_mgqsmqUDQq1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Perhaps

Jarmel

Banned
I would love to see some averages for MAL such as the average number of shows a user watches or the average playtime. Would make for some interesting statistics.

Steroyd

Yuri laser surgery indeed.

Tamako - 02

KCu4B.gif

Very tame for a valentine episode with lots open to interpretation.

m3Ag2.jpg

Miniscule chunks of plot getting dished out now and then, funny how the father tried to hold his stance against valentines, was expecting some backstory to it or something.

jgminto

Tamako Market 2

YYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

I like this show. The characters are pretty fun and light-hearted and it looks really nice. I think this will be the show that I just switch off my brain and enjoy.

Tamako>Kanna>Midori

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I dunno man.
Can you handle that much Cute? I have built up a special tolerance.

I almost as old as you are, you know! I've seen a lot of cute! I have no problems kicking back on the sofa with my 3rd or 4th glass of wine and letting the cuteness wash over me and rot out my brains!

Chet, that avatar! Amazing! XD

It truly is. I have seen the light!
Mio and Ritsu on the bed together with cake!

You should probably say "Sayaka's figure". Just saying.

No I mean her body. If I said "figure" (in this case because it actually *is* a figure), I'd be talking about the whole thing. Specifically I wanted to focus on how lovely her body was sculpted. Unlike in the show, the body of that figure has nice perky breasts, a long and graceful torso, and full and sexy round thighs. She is looking very fine if you ask me.

Well, as others have said, if Birdy is who you're looking two then season two is really for you. It shifts the focus back onto her which, in my opinion at least, is where it should have been all along.

Good. I trust you guys - the AnimeGAF consensus is rarely, if ever, wrong! You all have fine tastes!

Narag

Magi 9

Why did it take like an episode and a half to get Alibaba to shut the fuck up? Thank god Sinbad did some manly shit to keep me entertained.

Sinbad and his group sort of remind me of a fully realized version of Alibaba, Aladdin, and Mor. It's the same sort of feeling I had about Sailor Neptune & Sailor Uranus when compared to the regular Sailor Senshi.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
After the death of Aaron Swartz, who created the fucking basis of web 2.0 (not the stupid grafix - RSS) and the bullshit pulled by the Feds dealing with Kim Dotcom (yea, he isnt a good man) i have to wonder... why the fuck Crunchyroll got favored nation status? wernt they the "bad guys" too if were going by who did wrong in this Internet thing? But instead of those fucks from berkey going to pound your ass prison - they pull the wool over peoples eyes and for 7.95 in HD, DFC.

partly the reason why i want out of IT. and Swartz's death is making my choice even more clearer by the day.
It's the free market at work bro.

Theonik

I'm surprised we don't see more yuri anime. It seems like a perfect genre given the audience.
Japan is a very prudish country surprisingly so full-blown Yuri romance is a no-no for the most part. There are lots of "feels like yuri" shows though.
Edit: Also what Dresden said.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
DoLLC.png

In my defense, I've only completed two works from the 70s--Ace wo Nerae! and its 1979 film. Guess which one of these I scored poorly and why.

Also in my defense, I've watched a lot of shit OVAs from the 80s and 90s bringing my scores for those decades down.

0pknd.png

See, I still watch more good anime than bad, in spite of what some of you might think!

Ok because I finally remembered my info because my original name was taken, http://myanimelist.net/profile/Thoraxes21-

Also, I still have a lot to add...

Also dat 88.7% compatibility with Mad Pierrot.

NAKAMA!

Quasar

It's the free market at work bro.

It is interesting that it didn't play out more like Youtube with big lawsuits. I guess its all a matter of deep pockets for lawyers.

I'm certainly glad of that, as its the one legal streaming anime option with any amount of content that I have access too.

cajunator

Banned
pizzaroll likes K-ON!!, Hyouka, Idolm@ster, etc. I'm not really surprised at all.

You've got a point.

I'm surprised we don't see more yuri anime. It seems like a perfect genre given the audience.

Its a lovely genre. Ask SDBurton. He can probably give you a lengthy list.
Start with Strawberry Panic. Even the name is super yuri.

The fact that he doctored the picture and yet he can't bring himself over hover-handing makes me pity him more than anything.

Perhaps he was just trying to be realistic.

trejo

Hyouka 11.5 (15 minutes in)

I know we've gone over this before and that the throwaway mysteries are merely a vehicle for the Deep Human Themes™ and Superb Insightful Character Development™ but...

WHY DON'T YOU JUST FUCKING ASK THE WOMAN ABOUT IT AND GET IT OVER WITH GOD I HATE YOU PEOPLE.

Should post these findings in the moe thread for research.

I don't think that thread is ready for this kind of information.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Men self insert as men.
I might be the exception then. :/

Japan is a very prudish country surprisingly so full-blown Yuri romance is a no-no for the most part. There are lots of "feels like yuri" shows though.
Edit: Also what Dresden said.
I've been reading a lot of yuri manga. Some of it is great, others are pretty bad. Just wish there was more anime. I've pretty much watched everything available. I still find it weird that there's so much fan service, yet they won't won't let the characters kiss in anime.

I've been looking for you in geekgaf for months!

It would seem that a box gets you 1 of everything.
I lost my job so I had to cancel my order. I also cancelled my Ultimate Madoka figure order.
:(

wonzo

Banned

I know we've gone over this before and that the throwaway mysteries are merely a vehicle for the Deep Human Themes™ and Superb Insightful Character Development™ but...

WHY DON'T YOU JUST FUCKING ASK THE WOMAN ABOUT IT AND GET IT OVER WITH GOD I HATE YOU PEOPLE.
They didn't ask her because of the incredible aggressive and hostile husband/boyfriend giving someone else shit earlier for so much as looking at her.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Because the guy she is with is very aggressive and hot tempered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom