• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Japan is a very prudish country surprisingly so full-blown Yuri romance is a no-no for the most part. There are lots of "feels like yuri" shows though.
Edit: Also what Dresden said.

I doubt it's a 'prude' thing, it's just niche. There's a reason dedicated manga magazines exist for it.

*rolls dice for a Girl Friends anime*

It's a short, complete series from '07, hope for a good saving throw.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Tamako Market - 02

uXFGL.png
fn0lI.png

qPGlC.png
FBI8f.png

Wonderful episode. Midori is a really fun and interesting character, and I love how low-key and natural they introduced the fact that
she's in love with Tamako.

There were some pretty powerful lines that were said in regards to her feelings (the most notable ones being from the guy in the coffee shop, and the excerpt at the end) and it really added a realistic tone to it all. Lines like that make you think, and that's something I absolutely appreciate. Fantastic. That's all I can say.

Sheploo > FemShep, etc., etc.

Just like Nichijou, Sheploo is GARBAGE! :p

I kid, Nichijou is great.

trejo

They didn't ask her because of the incredible aggressive and hostile husband/boyfriend giving someone else shit earlier for so much as looking at her.

Because the guy she is with is very aggressive and hot tempered.

Yeah, that excuse is pure bullshit. They were just gonna ask her a simple question not run up to her and start fondling her breasts or something.

DoLLC.png

In my defense, I've only completed two works from the 70s--Ace wo Nerae! and its 1979 film. Guess which one of these I scored poorly and why.

Also in my defense, I've watched a lot of shit OVAs from the 80s and 90s bringing my scores for those decades down.

0pknd.png

See, I still watch more good anime than bad, in spite of what some of you might think!

bXOGN.png

Not sure why historical is so low though...

cajunator

Banned
I might be the exception then. :/

I've been reading a lot of yuri manga. Some of it is great, others are pretty bad. Just wish there was more anime. I've pretty much watched everything available. I still find it weird that there's so much fan service, yet they won't won't let the characters kiss in anime.

I lost my job so I had to cancel my order. I also cancelled my Ultimate Madoka figure order.
:(

Sorry to hear that. Hope you find more work soon.

Hey guys, Tamako Market is AOTY 2013, right? Let's just say it now and stop the needless bickering a year from now.

I'm alright with that. Except...no. Chihayafuru S2 could end up the best for me.

the free market also brought you here and the same free market is keeping you in that ghetto, son. it works three ways.

I love you.

HOW DARE YOU HATE HYOUKA WHATS YOUR PROBLEM. WHY CANT YOU APPRECIATE zzzz

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkside1337

What is it about Hyouka that you hate? It is kind of slow at first.
I still have like 76% compatibility with your list. Plus my Mal Graph says I hate shaft. the fucking thing is broken XD

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
HOW DARE YOU HATE HYOUKA WHATS YOUR PROBLEM. WHY CANT YOU APPRECIATE zzzz
I don't hate Hyouka! I just find it boring, especially when compared to space politics and swag which is what I was watching at the time of airing.
Good job talking about discussion that hasn't happened today.
But it can happen! And the only way we can stop such insufferable bickering is to prevent it from happening. Say no to Hyouka.

Theonik

Maybe if the discussion was paced better etc.
Not enough character develoment clearly illustrated by the cyclic nature of the arguing.

I doubt it's a 'prude' thing, it's just niche. There's a reason dedicated manga magazines exist for it.
Well there is a reason why it's a niche!

I've been reading a lot of yuri manga. Some of it is great, others are pretty bad. Just wish there was more anime. I've pretty much watched everything available. I still find it weird that there's so much fan service, yet they won't won't let the characters kiss in anime.
Manga is cheaper to make than anime so they don't need to worry that much. But there has even been Yuri manga that got terminated as soon as they went full on Yuri like Flower Flower (haven't read it heard about the situation from another member here) As for the lack of closure in anime romance, it's because a lot of the content is adaptations and those are usually incomplete when animated, so the anime usually doesn't correct this. The original content is also padded to be able to be exploited for longer.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah, that excuse is pure bullshit. They were just gonna ask her a simple question not run up to her and start fondling her breasts or something.
Some people are just easier to avoid. It's understandable that the people running the pool wouldn't want to start a scene.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Ultimadrago

Wandering Son 2

I don't have much to say about this episode. The type of tension that fills the classroom when drama gets in the mix is displayed swell. Not to mention the
victimizing
claim made in between Takatsuki and Chiba felt solid (because I've been in similar situations and the portrayal isn't far off at all). I'm actively pondering as to where it goes next week.

Also, Chizuru seems pretty solid.

zeroshiki

Man, if they had another show this year...

I'm actually quite confident KyoAni will have more shows this year. They've expanded to the point that their bandwidth can support 2 teams running shows one after the other. 2012 did not have the K-On movie and they managed to have a presence in 3 out of the 4 cours available for the year.

Depending on Tamako's episode count, I could definitely see 1 or maybe even 2 more KyoAni series this year.

trejo

KEROD.jpg

Dat brilliant camerawork and direction

I take back every negative thing I ever said about this show. Excellent portrayal of raw human nature and masterful weaving of themes like curiosity and lust and love into what, in lesser shows, would constitute as merely another pool episode.

Gonna go edit my AotY votes brb.

It's not a lake it's an ocean. 10/10.

hyouka11.5b.jpg

it helps to pay attention to things

Oh, in that case I suppose it's okay to expostulate about the believability of the characters and the subtlety of their growth and how true to life they are portrayed but then take a one-dimensional "Grrr I hit you!" character completely at face value as an entirely believable threat to the protagonists and not as a less than half-assed, ridiculous attempt at obstaculization for the sole purpose of sidelining the easiest and most obvious solution to the problem. Gotcha.

Theonik

I read it anyway and this only further proves my theory that Nadia is an Evangelion sequel.
Heh, to be fair, the show makes it very obvious early on before revealing this fact!
And wouldn't it have to be the other way around?
Whoa whoa whoa, hold on. Brave 10 is considered historical? What in the hell?
MAL's Genres are shit. (like a lot of aspects of their database) if it's set in a historical period = Historical no matter how much alternative history is shoved in.
If code geass was set in the 1800s it would be a historical anime by MAL standards.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm actually quite confident KyoAni will have more shows this year. They've expanded to the point that their bandwidth can support 2 teams running shows one after the other. 2012 did not have the K-On movie and they managed to have a presence in 3 out of the 4 cours available for the year.

Depending on Tamako's episode count, I could definitely see 1 or maybe even 2 more KyoAni series this year.

I just assumed Tamako was one cour. lol

But yeah, I suppose they probably have something in the works for the second half of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom