• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

duckroll clearly split the vote in favour of |OT -5| winning. No surprise that he's learning from the true face of democracy.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/logh12a.jpg
It's genious really he put a meaningless option that attracts people that were likely to vote for something other than OT-5 to vote something else while he has ensured that his core vote-base will vote for OT-5. Just according to keikaku. People that would vote against OT-5 to spite him are now voting for "duckroll sucks" instead!

OceanBlue

Well Takemoto and Gatoh are still around that's for sure. Taking a look at the ANN page, they'd have to get Horiuchi back and then get some mechanical designers/animators. Overall, I don't think its impossible at all. KyoAni just refuses to do it.

I figured the mechanical key animators animators would a big problem, but since you put it that way, it doesn't sound that bad considering Takemoto and Gatoh are already there. That makes sense.

Who knows. Maybe it's Kadokawa's decision, lol.

zeroshiki

I figured the mechanical key animators animators would a big problem, but since you put it that way, it doesn't sound that bad considering Takemoto and Gatoh are already there. That makes sense.

Who knows. Maybe it's Kadokawa's decision, lol.

Well to be fair, I don't know how hard it is to hire mechanical animators. Like, do Sunrise and BONES have these dudes locked in a basement somewhere :lol

Mechanical animation is not KyoAni's strong point by a long shot (CG taxi in K-On kills me) so it could be a reason why they haven't bothered to go back to the FMP world.

Toriko 87 *funiHulu*
tumblr_mgnwsmTWe11qzk4cro1_500.png

The one hundred slots on the one hundred slots slot machine was incredible so memorable and suspenseful. Whoever wrote this is a creative mastermind.

Funi finally got an ED again, kid kings are awesome.

Narag

Has there ever been an actually good/better 2nd OP or ED to anything?
There hasn't, has there?

I'll go ahead and shoot down Century Color before someone speaks up. That said, that's a good question.

Of the top of my head, I'm thinking the current Jojo and first season of Geass,

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tamako Market 02
I feel like I don't get it or something. The yuri subtext must have gone over my head too, because I didn't really pick up on that vibe as much. The whole montage once the music started playing just left me scratching my head. The show itself is kind of enjoyable but it's not really my thing or something, because I feel like only a few snippets stand out to me each week.

wonzo

Banned
It's crazy to me that they didn't put English subtitles on the BR and let people import it if they can't release it in the US for whatever reason.
Yeah, it is kinda frustrating at times. Fortunately it's become increasingly more common for them to include english subs on the discs thanks to the rise of simulcasts.

Dead

well not really...yet
There hasn't, has there?
Lots of shows really. Most shows with at least 4 OP/EDs often one up the first one.

Though you could argue that while one could prefer a latter OP, the first usually remains the most iconic.

kotoura-san 1

WOWZER. Didn't expect this at all. First half was super depressing stuff.

So the main girl can read people's minds (think school rumble imouto) and it lead to her saying stuff as a kid that naturally freaked everyone else out and distanced her from friends neighbors even family.

koto1.jpg

Shit gets heavy.

Naturally the person to save the day is retarded to balance out the mind reading aspect.

kyon.jpg

Kyon sure has lost some... braincells
ibhZRU0APByu32.gif

lead is cute as a button

but it seems like it's just gonna be your typical gag anime, with ecchi hijinks because perverted stuff is the only thing that happens in male anime leads minds.

ir5j7xMfJJH1n.gif

Anyhow, first eps is worth watching at the very least. Probably the best eps 1 of the season.

Tamako Market 02

I feel like I don't get it or something. The yuri subtext must have gone over my head too, because I didn't really pick up on that vibe as much. The whole montage once the music started playing just left me scratching my head. The show itself is kind of enjoyable but it's not really my thing or something, because I feel like only a few snippets stand out to me each week.

WOAH really? I'm surprised. I thought they couldn't have made it more obvious without actually saying it.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 42

This was probably Skuld's best episode. She actually managed to fool demonic Urd. Regular Urd's back now. Except now she's like Two-Face. Way to screw that up, Skuld. They better not fuck up Urd going forward. This show needs her.

Gundam AGE 17

Could this be any more cliche? The resident Xehanort "Char" Clone is having trouble coping with the fact that during his mission to infiltrate Flit's house he became legit friends with Not-Frau Bow Jr., and caught up in a GUH, love triangle between Asemu, Xehanort Zeheart, and Rosemary, er, no, Romary because we're morons and can't spell.

On the day of the big game, Zeheart, who is totally not Xehanort despite having a similar name, and also yellow eyes, white hair, and dark skin just like Xehanort, and is totally not a clone of Wooooooolf Treacle or whatever in spite of looking AND SOUNDING just like him, ZEHEART GALLETTE ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL ditched Assmu Assno so he could get in his Gekiganger Tekkaman "Dorado" and carry out the mission.

Also other things happened that no one gave a damn about because this is Gundam AGE and it's not like it matters. I mean, here we are, xty years down the road and did Flit use his AGE system to build an indestructible army to defend the Federation he claims to love? Nope. Did Flit use his Gundam to mass produce Gundams so all those normal, not ace pilots like Lagran could stand a chance of being more than just cannon fodder? Nope. Is Flit Asuno hereafter responsible for anybody who dies in Mobile Suit combat because they didn't have a Gundam he could have built for them? Yes.

And before someone goes "But that'd remove the difficulty and tension from the plot!" Allow me to say "THEN THE WRITER SHOULD'VE THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE GIVING MR. FAILED SAVIOR INFINITE AMMO AND INSTA KILL POWER."

Woah i'm having so much fun reading your thoughts about gundam age !!
You may not belive me but this is indeed the "best" part of G.AGE ...savour it !

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on. Brave 10 is considered historical? What in the hell?

it has hatori hanzo in it !!!

Narag

Magi 13

Suddenly, furries. Mor vs the monkey things was pretty neat. It had this really loose feeling to it. It's crazy how this shit drags when it's all talking but when the action kicks up, it flies right by.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
WOAH really? I'm surprised. I thought they couldn't have made it more obvious without actually saying it.
I rarely felt like the girl with blonder hair reacted to Tamako or direction attention to her in regards to that sort of stuff. Maybe I'm just oblivious though.

There hasn't, has there?

Accel World - Burst Through Gravity is the superior OP,
Guilty Crown - The Everlasting Guilty Crown is superior to the first as well

Bleach ---> D-technolife > Asterisk
Soul Eater OP2 PaperMoon is better than the first.

Sword Art Online ED2 > 1st.

Saint Seiya Omega 40

People be making fan art fast. Anyway, the episode had the potential to be good but just lost it completely. I almost thought Sonia would be up there with Medea for best antagonist.
but then she loses her cloth after losing her resolve, seriously.
. Really dragging out all her scenes and all these flashbacks made over 10 minutes of the episode just plain boring.
At least Soma's Seventh Sense was shown, nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom