• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Maybe it's because Tamako Market is, at this point, more aimless than K-On season one? K-On, at least initially, had that music aspect and Hyouka had its mysteries. It's also true that the Classics Club has a very different group dynamic than the cast in Tamako Market. I think Dresden's post highlights that aspect. If the ambiance and direction aren't enough for you, then I'd understand if you'd feel as if it were boring or that nothing is happening.

I'd say that Tamako Market kinda feels like a faster version of K-On season two, but it doesn't have all of its characters introduced in the same way K-On season two did. I love it so far, but I wonder if maybe you aren't enjoying it because you don't feel that the show has given you a hook yet. I'm not sure yet though. Maybe more episodes airing will reveal more about this.

To be honest, at first I was thinking that people who found it boring probably didn't like K-On or don't like Yamada's style of directing or something, but Regulus completely threw out that idea.

That could be it. I plan to keep on watching, so I'm hoping things will get more interesting and focused from here on out.

Thanks. It is more explicit than the gif and I find now that the said gif was quite appropriate.

You realize that this kind of statements just make people want to see it?

If it's that bad, shouldn't people jst stop talking about it? It should then slowly disappear.

I totally okay with everyone wanting to see it. I'd love to have the whole human race see it so at least we can say whether it's flushing the toilet, changing a diaper or watching school days... A human will have many opportunities in their life to see shit.

I had the sense to stop at episode 4 (time that I can never get back) and my only real regret is not having the nice-boat ending (thank god for Youtube!) be the only true ending.

What does NTR-effect mean?

Good. Time saved for better shows.
And now I have to see School Days after all the teasing everyone's doing.

I'm gonna complain when I finish it. Be warned.

Godspeed. I understand why you guys recommend it, because watching your impressions slowly morph throughout that train wreck will be amazing.

Shergal

from the new world - 04

it's impossible to stay away from some of the talk about how Yamauchi eats dick or all the buttsqueeze/yurikiss gifs. Not looking forward to episode five, despite being quite interested in just what might happen.

I would say if you are expecting shit, there's more chance that you will enjoy the episode. Not much though, that ep is pretty bad.

Somehow, despite everyone's best attempts to avoid recommending School Days, it ends up being watched anyway.

It must be destiny.

School Days at the very least has that Hironori Tanaka solo KA episode. Don't remember which one it was, but it's always nice to see such feats.

Milamber

GJ-bu 02

iOZ72sGbsOzb7.gif
ibr6iRonaWetQi.gif

GJ-bu is my Seitokai Yakuindomo this season. More please.

HA!

Ore Shura 1-2

This show is just...mediocre. Not even worth actual discussion or a cool little screenshot or two. Too bad this season is so lackluster that I'll end up watching it to completion. Thankfully I'm resuming Madoka next so at least I have something to look forward to hopefully.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Crest of the Stars (Seikai no Monshou)

Episode 5

People I have recommend the show to, have always found that episode to be a real highlight of the series. Or I might be confusing it with ep6.

Either way, the next few episodes should give you a good taste of why "I"m" so awesome.:D

Milamber

People I have recommend the show to, have always found that episode to be a real highlight of the series. Or I might be confusing it with ep6.

Either way, the next few episodes should give you a good taste of why "I"m" so awesome.:D

Wait, it's been so long since I watched it. Is that episode
where he was stranded and finally found
?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Wait, it's been so long since I watched it. Is that episode
where he was stranded and finally found
?
I think you are confusing Crest of the stars with Banner of the stars II.:p unless you meant to type "they are" in that sentence.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Windy Tales 2

This show is so weird from an aesthetic point of view, haha. It keeps things interesting, though. In one of this episode's first scenes you get a top-down view on the three main characters, and when someone else says something surprising to them, instead of reacting by moving, they react by having their color palettes changed six times in quick succession. I can't really say I've seen something like this before!

This is how you do a second episode. So eventful. Exposition, introduction to new mysteries, training, quick character development, and even
a death! Damn. The episode's ending surprised me. I didn't think that Nao would be able to learn the stuff so quickly. Or did they resort to non-linear storytelling there...? Hm. I guess not, seeing as they're already back in town for the third episode, judging by the preview.

I guess only time will tell.

As a fresh new junior member who yearns for your approval I don't want to rock the boat too much, but I've always wondered something. Why is this thread entirely devoid of impressions for Naruto Shippuden? Do none of you watch it? Should I then stop watching it to fit in? j/k But seriously, an answer would be nice
I do watch it weekly and post. The naruto hurricane chronicles thread tends to die when it gets all filler since people who arent true anime fans believe that filler equals bad and do not watch. The most recent six episode filler was quite good.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The entire show is now a blur to me now but that scene kinda stands out.
Well due to the nature of the adaptation - CotS > BotS 1+2+3 going all blur into one show on it's own.:p that was a definitely a great scene though. BotS 2 spoilers
it really shows how attached I was to the characters at that point. I just wanted Lafiel and Jinto to get back together dammit.;_;

jgminto

I gave up what little dignity I had left when I first posted in this thread. I felt a cold shiver down my spine and it was gone.

Steroyd

I do watch it weekly and post. The naruto hurricane chronicles thread tends to die when it gets all filler since people who arent true anime fans believe that filler equals bad and do not watch. The most recent six episode filler was quite good.

Like when you think girls and animals = bad, amirite?

People avoid filler instinctively because it has absolutely no bearing on the current storyline and more often than not, they're terrible in Naruto's case filler happens so frquently people just got fed up, it's what killed Beelzebub for alot of the fans. (Still salty).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Like when you think girls and animals = bad, amirite?

People avoid filler instinctively because it has absolutely no bearing on the current storyline and more often than not, they're terrible in Naruto's case filler happens so frquently people just got fed up, it's what killed Beelzebub for alot of the fans. (Still salty).
For Beelzebub is it still filler if every episode is filler?

Narag

Naruto 87

This was such a bizarre episode. Instead of continuing the hunt for Tsunade to administer last rites to Sasuke's broken still form back in Konoha Village, Naruto decides to play with water balloons and Jiraiya gets a hooker. Only thing of note was the detailed anatomical view of chakra formation that added to the rich tapestry that is Naruto's lore. That and Naruto learning how to use a Jutsu by taking a dump and watching a cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom