• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

Naruto scares me. I feel like it should be something I should check out but then I see the episode list and just go "nope." Same with Bleach. No series needs that many episodes to tell a good story.

If Monster can set up, flesh out and conclude it's story, even while it continues adding new characters and scenarios regularly and still come under 100 episodes, I don't see why a show about ninjas needs so many.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Naruto scares me. I feel like it should be something I should check out but then I see the episode list and just go "nope." Same with Bleach. No series needs that many episodes to tell a good story.

If Monster can set up, flesh out and conclude it's story, even while it continues adding new characters and scenarios regularly and still come under 100 episodes, I don't see why a show about ninjas needs so many.

Post-Soul Society Bleach never actually happened, so the show only has 63 episodes!

Shergal

Is there a running gag about animeGAF being weird and scary? To me this seems like a pretty nice and friendly thread, even when there are pages of shit flinging over Hyouka.

Aeana

Is there a running gag about animeGAF being weird and scary? To me this seems like a pretty nice and friendly thread, even when there are pages of shit flinging over Hyouka.

The problem is when they go into other threads and deliberately try to creep everyone out!

Narag

One could conceivably watch Bleach up to the end of the Soul Society arc and get their fill. I dropped Naruto for the longest time after the Third Hokage vs Orochimaru fight too because shit after such an emotional high was just boring.

jgminto

Isn't Fullmetal Alchemist shonen? It doesn't need over 300 freaking episodes to tell its story.

Propaganda spread by PopGAF and WrassleGAF to try and dethrone us as the best GIF community.

Steroyd

For Beelzebub is it still filler if every episode is filler?

When you put it that way, it sounds like an anime original not related to the manga at all.

I remember Naruto had about 70 straight episodes of filler before the timeskip, I'm now thinking that was a spin-off.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You guys are making me want to go watch Naruto. That can't possibly end well.

fertygo

The Unlimited 02

Yep, this is Code: Breaker redux and still cool.

Shin Sekai Yori 15

Awesome eps, this episode really hook me.. the story just so good, and Squealer so awesome.

wonzo

Banned
Windy Tales 2
windy2.jpg
windy2a.jpg

windy2b.jpg
windy2c.jpg

I love how this show never fails to put me in this incredibly relaxed trancelike state thanks to just how nicely put together everything is. EVen when stuff started to get serious in the later half, it still had this really kind of... rhythmic sense to it all. It's really hard to put into words just what this show's like.
I totally didn't see that end coming. RIP Gramps.

Isn't Fullmetal Alchemist shonen? It doesn't need over 300 freaking episodes to tell its story.

Propaganda spread by PopGAF and WrassleGAF to try and dethrone us as the best GIF community.

Sometimes we just dont want the best things to end. Id always take 52+ episodes of an anime over 11 episodes.

Are there any monthly manga at more than 300 chapters?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hey guys, Tamako Market is AOTY 2013, right? Let's just say it now and stop the needless bickering a year from now.
No.
iSi8cRy6Is9KE.gif

Inferno Cop

People will have to remember it released this year first.
Yep, early shows always suffer which is why a lot of film of the year and game of the year awards focus on more recent releases. Notice a lot of Oscar nominated films pop up during the run up to the Oscars.

2012's major casualty of this was Kill Me Baby. Everyone forgot to vote for it despite the raving reviews for it while it was broadcasting. :(

cajunator

Banned
Guys..Ive just started K-ON!! episode 8 and I was not ready for this level of hnnngh. If I explode and don't make it, remember that I love you all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ouch. Poor duckroll. :(
A wild lurker appears!

duckroll clearly split the vote in favour of |OT -5| winning. No surprise that he's learning from the true face of democracy.
This is all lies. Please do not believe this kayos propaganda. -5 was always the correct choice and the people will not be swayed.

Has there ever been an actually good/better 2nd OP or ED to anything?
There hasn't, has there?

I felt Polar Bear Cafe's second OP was better than the first. Astro Fighter Sunred managed to keep the quality up with its second OP and ED. I'd say Working!!'s second OP and ED are better on both counts.

Varion

Probably in the same way most anime fans are seen as weird and scary by terrible people ;_;

But no I could've sworn I looked in here ages ago and wanted to escape quickly, but it seems pretty nice in here after looking back in after that Famitsu thread.

wonzo

Banned
Polar Bear Cafe 40

polarbear40.jpg

Christopher Robin popped up in my head for some reason as soon as this scene started... man, fuck that flash game

This is the running gag about people who watch anime in general. I've only settled in since last Fall and I've found this place more hospitable than any other subgroup on GAF.
Hey guys, Tamako Market is AOTY 2013, right? Let's just say it now and stop the needless bickering a year from now.
I'm gonna choose to believe in Kizumonogatari and Zenmonogatari for now. One of them will surely resonate with me.... I hope.

wonzo

Banned
This is all lies. Please do not believe this kayos propaganda. -5 was always the correct choice and the people will not be swayed.
I'm a big supporter of the |OT -5| plan so I'm more than pleased with duckroTrunicht's actions thus far.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Probably in the same way most anime fans are seen as weird and scary by terrible people ;_;

But no I could've sworn I looked in here ages ago and wanted to escape quickly, but it seems pretty nice in here after looking back in after that Famitsu thread.
I wanna see your reaction to the foodgif spams later in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom